Yippee my Bike's been fixed.

G

A whole month without going on my bike :'(

The first two weeks were because of work and just not having enough time, and then the front wheel decided to give up and die, and not having too much money at the time I had to wait a fortnight to have it fixed,but now it's ready to rock.

Used it today to go to work on (saturday :'() because I really needed to just get on the thing, It took me 15 minutes to get to work, it took me 90 minutes to get home ,I met some mates on the way home from work and got sidetracked into going for a little detour.

God it's great to go for a ride ;D

Its amazing how much you miss something when you can't do it!

What was wrong with your wheel?

cheers

I have to be honest it was neglect, Riding the thing without checking if the spokes were tight.

I noticed that out on a ride the wheel was starting to wobble, but being a long way from home decided to carry on and sort it out after, but by the time I got home the thing was on the verge of collapse.

Took it to the local MB shop to get it fixed and he said he was amazed that I managed to get the thing home.

big_blast.jpg

That's my pride and joy.

I'm very lucky to have 2 bikes so when my pride and joy goes to the shop I've still got a ride.

Happened only a couple of months back that my KHS was in the shop for a month while they waited for a replacement part...

Sean_L up until six or seven weeks ago I had two bikes.

My Kona and a cheap and cheerful bike that I used to potter about on and go to work on, being cheap and worthless I never worried to much about it.

After putting a few thousand miles on it,it broke once too many times for my liking and I consigned it to the bin.

I will be taken receipt of a second hand TREK before long then I can keep my Kona for where it belongs - Off road

I had to take my Kona to work a few times and I never let the thing out of my sight, I've been the subject of their practical jokes concerning my old bike too many times before and I wasn't going to let them muck around with my pride and joy.

Hey LAZ - Love your KONA. When I bought my ride this past season, it came down to the Mokomoko or a Rocky Mountain Element.

The Element won.

That's the 2002 version - but yeah, they are basically the same.

Thanks.

Mtnbikerchk

Excellent Bike ;D

Do you ride just off road or have you got one of those funny things with skinny tires that seem to go past me like I was standing still.

Mtnbikerchk

Excellent Bike ;D

Do you ride just off road or have you got one of those funny things with skinny tires that seem to go past me like I was standing still.

I'm too afraid of getting run over by a car to ride on the road! Although I'm not to crazy about wildlife either - maybe I should just stay home and watch tv ;)

maybe I should just stay home and watch tv  ;)

Because it's dark when I go to work and dark when I get home , I've been doing more of the above than I like.

IRB & MBC, You guys are funny :p
Talking about funny,look at what the cat dragged in!!! :p
Yo!Sorry dude,no snow ball fights here... :p
So,like what are you waiting for to sign up?
XMAS?
Jou missed it amigo!!! ::)

I have to be honest it was neglect, Riding the thing without checking if the spokes were tight.

I noticed that out on a ride the wheel was starting to wobble, but being a long way from home decided to carry on and sort it out after, but by the time I got home the thing was on the verge of collapse.

Took it to the local MB shop to get it fixed and he said he was amazed that I managed to get the thing home.

big_blast.jpg

That's my pride and joy.
This is mine...http://konaworld.com/images/2k-bl.jpg
just a year older,pretty much the same bike!Ok some modifications for the best!!!
8)
Word of advise:
if you have the Kona handle bar gripps(the one that glows in the dark,still).Be aware!!!The rubber ring at the inside of the grip can get caught in the shift arm(Gear shifters) and prevent it from going back to it's proper resting place,resulting in leaving some slack in your gear cable and the next time you shift,well if you can...the cable get's all messed up in your shifter(not fun when you are in the middle of the woods,yes that happened to me,grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:)
I think you see what I mean!!!
Those grips are meant for Gripshits...
If you keep them you can either cut the ring off or (like I did)get another set...
Between Blast Brothers... 8)