Yoeleo carbon wheels

Might be to late for you but in my opinion, i think these wheels are ok, especially for the cost. I purchased some 38mm clinchers, with "special composite technology", which was slightly heavier, than standard, but a bit more rigid, as the braking surface has a full internal radial curve between the other side of the rim. As such no lining on the rims required, as there is no exposed spoke nipples. After about 1000 km of riding, the spokes seemed to get quite loose.
At this point I considered sending them back, as I had a few doubts about the lifespan/ and structural integrity.... ( and my health).

After taking them for a service to my local bike shop, with my Look 595 bike, which was slightly embarassing, as they usually service my rock solid Cosmic Carbones. GIven that i puchased them on line, am sure my local shop was a bit shitty... Value for money is great, however you need to check for wheel trueness and quality of the braking service. Because my local mechanic hadnt serviced this type of " Chinese" wheel, he was a bit worried about over tighening and pulling the wheel apart... In saying that, the wheels are very true, and spokes all seem tight.. Only issue there is a high pitched occasional " ping " simmilar to an Alloy car head cooling sound. I put some lube where the spokes rub, and it seems to have fixed the problem.... Ive ridden them down a few descents at highish speeds (60 km plus), and so far they seem quite stable. My bike shops says the sound is nothing to worry about, which gave some peace of mind.

Only issue i have now is the $49 dollar replacement ShimaNO dura-ace pads are squealing... Ive tried to adjust them, but so far, they are not as good as the Chinese ones which came with the wheels out of the box. I would consider buying another set of wheels, no problems.

harken said:
Only issue i have now is the $49 dollar replacement ShimaNO dura-ace pads are squealing... Ive tried to adjust them, but so far, they are not as good as the Chinese ones which came with the wheels out of the box.    I would consider buying another set of wheels, no problems. 
You might try Swissstop's new composite pads, the Black Prince pads: http://www.swissstop.ch/road.aspx . They're supposed to offer more consistent braking, to be less grabby, to be better in the wet, and to generate less heat under heavy braking. That last point should be of particular interest to anyone using CF clinchers, especially CF clinchers from company's whose research into managing braking heat is unknown/undocumented.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

I'm impressed with November's cheap carbon wheels. Blasting over RR tracks is not something I would recommend, but the 50 MM clinchers are holding up well.

I see no reason why Yoeleo wheels would not deliver similar performance and durability.

God bless our Godless Red Chinese communist overlords and their shoeless cheap labor flooding into the cities from the countryside.

Here, my Bain Capital friends, is the secret of how the Red Chinese can produce high quality products for less than 25% of the price asked by the capitalist lackey running dogs!
interesting

I am using Yoeleo 50 mm by 25mm U shaped carbon clinchers with DT Swiss 240 hubs and Sapim C-xray spokes. Had trouble getting the Black Prince Carbon brake pads to work with my Dura ace 7800 brake calipers on the Colnago C-50. My newer Specialized Tarmac Ultegra brakes seem to have a little more space, but the angle of pressure is wrong on both models even with some adjustment by the brake pad holders. Seems that wide wheels require a whole new braking set up. Zipp has new pads that are 1/2 as deep as normal pads, but angle to fit their firecrest wheels. Yoeleo included a set of shaved pads, which are better than no pads, but still would like SwissStop to make a pad for this application. I would think its happining a lot these days with wider wheels. I am using 25 mm Michelin pro 4 service course, which fit perfectly and give a good rounded tire patch. These tires also match the inflation of 110 lbs for the rims. I have the special assembly model which has an internal bridge between the two brake surfaces. These are a test as I have Mavic Ksyrium SL and Campy Boro wheels, but wanted a light carbon clincher with good hubs.
Will use them for club rides and longer sactioned rides this season.

"I have the special assembly model which has an internal bridge between the two brake surfaces."

Good review. Can you post a picture of the brake track bridge?

Not now as the Michelin covers it up. Looks very close to a tubeless design, but I am not interested in that whole area as I tried in a couple of years ago with Hutchinson fusion 2. Less rolling resistance etc. The hope is this bridge will save the brake surface from pulsation due to delamination from the carbon fiber resin overheating. That's the reason for the interest in SwissStop Black Prince pads.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Thanks for the yelling. If I'm going to spend money on CF clinchers, I'm going to do so with a company that has actually invested money on research and testing to control brake track heating and to maximize brake response. I'm also going to spend that money with a company that doesn't spam cycling forums, like Yoleo does.
I dont know if you heard but China is doing all the testing now in their testing facilities. You wanna an EN cert. for your new carbon frame? You send it to them and they "test" it in their "testing facilities" according to the "EN specifications"...

Originally Posted by JimmyX .

I have purchased and used a few sets of Yoeleo wheels along with wheels from 2 other chinese open mould manufacturers.
Yoeleo wheels are the best I have come across yet for a few reasons I will detail.
The customer service is hard to beat, you ask, they deliver without any fuss.
The quality of the product is good, maybe not $2500USD good but better than you could ask!
The actual mouling of the rims, the parts they manufacture is top quality.
I have not found any voids or resin voids in any of the rims I have purchased, this is uncommon especially in
certain parts such as the rim bead hooks. It is common to find voids and air bubbles here as the bladder inside cannot
exert much pressure but to me this shows a proper cloth layup schedule and a very high bladder pressure which all leads to
a superior rim in weigh, appearance and strength.
I have experience in composite manufacture and deal with aeronautical composites daily so have a good reference point
of what well executed moulding etc. is.
I am happy with Yoeleo's products and will continue to source my wheels from there.
I assure you that you will have a positive experience with Yoeleo as I have.
Where did all these noobs come from??? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

I - /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif - wheels. They make my stuff move and I find parking. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Volnix said:
I dont know if you heard but China is doing all the testing now in their testing facilities. You wanna an EN cert. for your new carbon frame? You send it to them and they "test" it in their "testing facilities" according to the "EN specifications"...
Who said anything about EN specifications? Plenty of carbon fiber clinchers meet EN specs but exhibit poor thermal behavior under heavy and/or extended braking. EN specs are a minimum standard for the members of the CEN. Testing can go well beyond testing just to meet minimum specs.

Who said anything about EN specifications? Plenty of carbon fiber clinchers meet EN specs but exhibit poor thermal behavior under heavy and/or extended braking. EN specs are a minimum standard for the members of the CEN. Testing can go well beyond testing just to meet minimum specs.
What could possibly go wrong at 500+ °F?

Sounds possible. Many stuff from even the bigger - better manufacturers pose regularly in the CPSC website for recalls.

I have been riding Special assembly 50 mm deep and 25 mm wide Yoeleo wheels for a few weeks now. One very important issue came up. It seems the bridge inside the wheel that the tire bead uses as its footing is just a touch small in circumference, which caused a few tires to blow off the rim, Michelin Pro 4 service 25mm course and Continental 4000S 23mm. I was really preplexed until I took my wheels into a very repretiable bike shop. The mechanic told me its a simple fix, just use rim tape to increase the circumfrance of the inner diameter bridge. He asked if the wheels had rim tape, I replied that there is no need for tape as there are no exposed spoke holes. The rim tape in this case is not to cover the spoke holes but add dimension to the inside of the wheel, making getting the tire on and off much more difficult. So, now, I can corner without fear and also add a little more inflation pressure to the tires. I went through 4 latex tubes and 2 butyl tubes before the bike shop. The mechanic also told me that the 25mm tires were correct for this wheels as it uses a 18mm inside distance between the hook flanges with braking surface on the outside. 23mm may be too small as the tube will want to push it up too much from inside using the bridge to the crown of the tire rather than putting pressure on the sides of the tire.
Now, all is well for $10 service and $6 tape, I am back in business.

Thanks for the update! Please continue to report your experience with these wheels.

Also, what is the terrain like where you ride? Climb/descent elevations and speeds would be appreciated. Potholes? Crappy roads?

After a few weeks with these wheels, Yoeleo special assembly 50mm deep and 25 mm wide, I have had a series of tire blow offs on my front wheel. I went through 4 latex tubes and 2 butyl tubes before I called the seller of the tires. His recommendation was to immediately take the wheels to a trusted bike shop and have a examination of the wheels, which I did. Luckily, the mechanic was very skilled in his wheel building profession and asked a simple question of does the wheels have rim tape? No, my answer as there is no need as the nipples as completely covered by the internal bridge, simular to a tubeless wheel. His answer was that the rim tape is made in various thickness depending on its application. In my case, a thicker product was used that completely covered the bridging area and made the tire very hard to put on the wheel. Still, I suggested only 85 lbs of pressure with the Michelin Pro 4 service course 25mm tires. He agreed as he mentioned that the wider wheel and 25mm tires do not need the same type of inflation as regular 23mm tires. Very simple fix.
Now back to riding, very stiff wheel, side to side, no rubbing in the brake track on either standing on the pedels or around sharp corners. Some road vibration but not as much as my Mavic ksyrium sl's would have. Braking is good which a clean brake pad, but once they get dirty or dusty, need more brake pressure to stop. Still using the original ones from Yoeleo, have not found a source for SwissStop Black Prince with 1/2 the thickness for the Shimano 7800 setup that I am using. The Yoeleo pads are very thin.

Sorry for the duplication. Been riding mostly flats, but now I will start pushing the wheels. My wife did not want to draft me last weekend as she feared me going over my bars from a tire blowoff at 24 mph. Rim tape fixed that issue. Will report again in a few weeks.

"My wife did not want to draft me last weekend as she feared me going over my bars from a tire blowoff at 24 mph."

Yikes! Thanks for the honest reporting though! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif