Yoga Advice

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Crockett B., Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Crockett B.

    Crockett B. Guest

    My wife goes to the gym and does a couple of yoga classes a week. I am considering joining her.
    Thought it my help my flexibility and training. Anybody had any positive or negative experience
    with yoga?

    Thanks, Crockett

    Tags:

  2. Gosia

    Gosia Guest

    >Anybody had any positive or negative experience with yoga?

    I have positive one. I chose yoga as an extra class few times . I personally like it but without
    very deep ideology. It's nice to try different teachers - not everything fits me.

    Gosia

  3. Rookie

    Rookie Guest

    "Crockett B." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<H%[email protected]>...
    > My wife goes to the gym and does a couple of yoga classes a week. I am considering joining her.
    > Thought it my help my flexibility and training. Anybody had any positive or negative experience
    > with yoga?
    >
    > Thanks, Crockett

    Definitely positive - I started going once or twice a week about 6 months ago. I was reasonably
    flexible anyway, but now feel a lot looser while training in all 3 sports, and it has prevented a
    lot of the little aches and pains I used to get when training a lot, particularly in the lower back.
    Classes seem to range from being quite spiritual (chanting and meditation really isn't my thing!) to
    fairly practical stretching routines. I prefer the latter, and have now found I don't need to go to
    the class so often because I have learnt some of the stretches that work best for me and just
    incorporate 15 minutes of focussed stretching into my training a few times a week.

  4. Astaebell

    Astaebell Guest

    I would echo the previous advice--I find the increased flexibility means fewer injuries, and once
    you learn the poses/stretches, you can do them at home. Stretches for the hamstrings, calves, back,
    and feet seem to be emphasized.

    Aaron S.