Yoga Advice

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Crockett B., Feb 1, 2004.

1. Crockett B.

Crockett B. Guest

My wife goes to the gym and does a couple of yoga classes a week. I am considering joining her.
    Thought it my help my flexibility and training. Anybody had any positive or negative experience
    with yoga?

Thanks, Crockett

Tags:

2. Gosia

Gosia Guest

>Anybody had any positive or negative experience with yoga?

I have positive one. I chose yoga as an extra class few times . I personally like it but without
    very deep ideology. It's nice to try different teachers - not everything fits me.

Gosia

3. Rookie

Rookie Guest

"Crockett B." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<H%[email protected]>...
    > My wife goes to the gym and does a couple of yoga classes a week. I am considering joining her.
    > Thought it my help my flexibility and training. Anybody had any positive or negative experience
    > with yoga?
    >
    > Thanks, Crockett

Definitely positive - I started going once or twice a week about 6 months ago. I was reasonably
    flexible anyway, but now feel a lot looser while training in all 3 sports, and it has prevented a
    lot of the little aches and pains I used to get when training a lot, particularly in the lower back.
    Classes seem to range from being quite spiritual (chanting and meditation really isn't my thing!) to
    fairly practical stretching routines. I prefer the latter, and have now found I don't need to go to
    the class so often because I have learnt some of the stretches that work best for me and just
    incorporate 15 minutes of focussed stretching into my training a few times a week.

4. Astaebell

Astaebell Guest

I would echo the previous advice--I find the increased flexibility means fewer injuries, and once
    you learn the poses/stretches, you can do them at home. Stretches for the hamstrings, calves, back,
    and feet seem to be emphasized.

Aaron S.