Yoga Advice

Crockett B.

Guest
My wife goes to the gym and does a couple of yoga classes a week. I am considering joining her.
Thought it my help my flexibility and training. Anybody had any positive or negative experience
with yoga?

Thanks, Crockett

>Anybody had any positive or negative experience with yoga?

I have positive one. I chose yoga as an extra class few times . I personally like it but without
very deep ideology. It's nice to try different teachers - not everything fits me.

Gosia

"Crockett B." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<H%[email protected]>...
> My wife goes to the gym and does a couple of yoga classes a week. I am considering joining her.
> Thought it my help my flexibility and training. Anybody had any positive or negative experience
> with yoga?
>
> Thanks, Crockett

Definitely positive - I started going once or twice a week about 6 months ago. I was reasonably
flexible anyway, but now feel a lot looser while training in all 3 sports, and it has prevented a
lot of the little aches and pains I used to get when training a lot, particularly in the lower back.
Classes seem to range from being quite spiritual (chanting and meditation really isn't my thing!) to
fairly practical stretching routines. I prefer the latter, and have now found I don't need to go to
the class so often because I have learnt some of the stretches that work best for me and just
incorporate 15 minutes of focussed stretching into my training a few times a week.

I would echo the previous advice--I find the increased flexibility means fewer injuries, and once
you learn the poses/stretches, you can do them at home. Stretches for the hamstrings, calves, back,
and feet seem to be emphasized.

Aaron S.