Yoko Ono curse on Tiger and Lance.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Chumpion, Apr 4, 2004.

  1. Hey,

    Anybody noticed a recent slide in their respective
    performances?

    Actually, it's a combine of the Yoko curse and the REM
    factor.

    You guys remember REM, don't you? They got better each
    album, then signed a HUGE Multi-Album Deal (probably $100
    million or something), and haven't done JACK SQUAT since
    that moment.

    Seems that once you make it big, it's time to get
    distracted.

    Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    Tags:

  2. Psycholist

    Psycholist Guest

    "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey,
    >
    > Anybody noticed a recent slide in their respective
    > performances?
    >
    > Actually, it's a combine of the Yoko curse and the REM
    > factor.
    >
    > You guys remember REM, don't you? They got better each
    > album, then signed a HUGE Multi-Album Deal (probably $100
    > million or something), and haven't done JACK SQUAT since
    > that moment.
    >
    > Seems that once you make it big, it's time to get
    > distracted.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    So, in your theory, coming back from cancer to win the TdF
    in 1999 WASN'T making it big? Winning the tour 3 consecutive
    times WASN'T making it big? I guess dumping your wife and
    chasing a rock diva has finally made him big, eh?

    I suspect if he doesn't get #6, it won't because he suddenly
    "made it big." He made it big a long time ago. I think the
    accumulated consequences of quite a few lousy lifestyle
    choices, plus a bit of advancing age, will keep him from six
    ... if anything does.

    Having said all that, I think he's got a sixth in him.

    Bob C.

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I guess dumping your wife and chasing a rock diva has
    > finally made him
    big,

    Is it just me or does Sharon look a great deal like Lance's
    ex and mother?

  4. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hey,
    > >
    > > Anybody noticed a recent slide in their respective
    > > performances?
    > >
    > > Actually, it's a combine of the Yoko curse and the REM
    > > factor.
    > >
    > > You guys remember REM, don't you? They got better each
    > > album, then signed a HUGE Multi-Album Deal (probably
    > > $100 million or something), and haven't done JACK SQUAT
    > > since that moment.
    > >
    > > Seems that once you make it big, it's time to get
    > > distracted.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
    >
    > So, in your theory, coming back from cancer to win the TdF
    > in 1999 WASN'T making it big? Winning the tour 3
    > consecutive times WASN'T making it big? I guess dumping
    > your wife and chasing a rock diva has finally made him
    > big, eh?

    that's what he's saying dumbass.

  5. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > I guess dumping your wife and chasing a rock diva has
    > > finally made him
    > big,
    >
    > Is it just me or does Sharon look a great deal like
    > Lance's ex and mother?

    Ariel Sharon? I think not.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    Q: Why did the metalhead cross the road?
    R: Because he's a gullible moron who'll buy
    anything with a skull on it.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  6. Psycholist

    Psycholist Guest

    > "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > I guess dumping your wife and chasing a rock diva has
    > > finally made him
    > big,
    >
    > Is it just me or does Sharon look a great deal like
    > Lance's ex and mother?

    It's Sheryl or Cheryl or ? Anyway ... it's freaky, isn't
    it? It's like Lance has his own little Stepford Moms
    thing going.

    Bob C.