York not looking good

Just zis Guy, you know?

Guest
Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most unlikely
I'll be up to going.

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most unlikely
> I'll be up to going.

I won't get my free beer now :-(

--
Simon M.

Simon Mason wrote:

>> Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most
>> unlikely I'll be up to going.

> I won't get my free beer now :-(

And I won't get lots of Stuff, like a pair of bike shoes that actually fit.

Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter in
the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter

in
> the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

is this online?

cheers,
clive

says...
> Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most unlikely
> I'll be up to going.

Shame, I was looking forward to that. Is anyone else still going? Will
there be enough people to make a urc moot?

Looking at the Met Office forecasts, I'd be better off in Edinburgh, but
if there'll be fellow posters in York then I'll probably make the
effort!

Jon

Clive George wrote:

>> Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a
>> letter in the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

> is this online?

Not yet.

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>,
Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
> Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter in
> the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

Remember: you're not paranoid when you believe everyone is out to get
you. You're paranoid when you believe every_thing_ is out to get you.

ian

Ian G Batten wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter in
>> the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

> Remember: you're not paranoid when you believe everyone is out to get
> you. You're paranoid when you believe every_thing_ is out to get you.
>
> ian

Or "Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get me" ;-)

Tony

"Jon Senior" <jon@restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove> wrote in message
> says...
> > Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most

unlikely
> > I'll be up to going.

> Shame, I was looking forward to that. Is anyone else still going? Will
> there be enough people to make a urc moot?
>
> Looking at the Met Office forecasts, I'd be better off in Edinburgh, but
> if there'll be fellow posters in York then I'll probably make the
> effort!
>
> Jon

I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car and
perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

MSeries [email protected] opined the following...
> I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
> afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car and
> perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

I'll be heading down by train on Saturday morning (Hopefully hitting
York ~9:00) and heading back some time Sunday.

Jon

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:06:17 +0100, "MSeries"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Thats a shame. What about Mildenhall ? I am considering it.

I think we're booked for Lancaster, not sure about Mildenhall.

On 2004-06-24, MSeries <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
> afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car and
> perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

The BBC say big yellow sunshine to tempt us there on Friday, and two
raindrops / black cloud to catch us out on Saturday. Of course, given
the reliability of weather forcasts, it could do something completely
different.

I transported the tandem back home from work with the help of Lindsay
this evening in the pouring rain. Either Lindsay's very strong, or the
tandem (a Dawes Galaxy Twin, quite old, Reynolds 531) is very efficient.
It did 35 down Pool Bank with the drag brake on, and 20 on the gradual
climb from Pool to Huby, until we got tired towards the top. It does move
well though. The only problem is that after too much time on the Dark
Side my shoulders and neck had to get used to the touring position again.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com
_/ _/ _/ _/

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:06:17 +0100, "MSeries"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
>> Thats a shame. What about Mildenhall ? I am considering it.

> I think we're booked for Lancaster, not sure about Mildenhall.
>
> Guy

Lancaster ? What's happening there and when ?

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:06:17 +0100, "MSeries"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
>> Thats a shame. What about Mildenhall ? I am considering it.

> I think we're booked for Lancaster, not sure about Mildenhall.
>
> Guy

Cyclefest? I'll probably be there for one or two of the days

Tony

Richard Corfield wrote:
> On 2004-06-24, MSeries <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
>> afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car
>> and perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

> The BBC say big yellow sunshine to tempt us there on Friday, and two
> raindrops / black cloud to catch us out on Saturday. Of course, given
> the reliability of weather forcasts, it could do something completely
> different.

Me too. Was going to go on Friday, do a ride Saturday and trade show Sunday.
But looking at the forecast I think I might just go for the day on Sunday.
The forecast changes though. Yesterday it was light rain for Saturday, today
its heavy rain. Tomorrow and Saturday, who knows.

Tony

in message <[email protected]>, Jon Senior
('jon@restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove') wrote:

> says...
>> Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most
>> unlikely I'll be up to going.

> Shame, I was looking forward to that. Is anyone else still going? Will
> there be enough people to make a urc moot?

Largely because of the weather I probably *shall* be going - it looks to
nasty to sail.

On 24/6/04 11:05 pm, in article
[email protected], "Simon Brooke"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Largely because of the weather I probably *shall* be going - it looks to
> nasty to sail.

If the weather is **** I'll be trying to find a place for my boat at the
local sailing club. If the weather is good I'll be out on the bike.

...d

Tony Raven wrote:

> Richard Corfield wrote:

> > The BBC say big yellow sunshine to tempt us there on Friday, and two
> > raindrops / black cloud to catch us out on Saturday. Of course, given
> > the reliability of weather forcasts, it could do something completely
> > different.

> Me too. Was going to go on Friday, do a ride Saturday and trade show Sunday.
> But looking at the forecast I think I might just go for the day on Sunday.
> The forecast changes though. Yesterday it was light rain for Saturday, today
> its heavy rain. Tomorrow and Saturday, who knows.

I use uk.weather.com

The hourly forecast for Saturday says Mostly Cloudy 'til 10am, then
Cloudy to 4pm with the rain starting between 4 and 5pm.
So it looks like an evening sampling the pubs of York instead of sitting
outside the tent :)

John B

JohnB [email protected] opined the following...
> The hourly forecast for Saturday says Mostly Cloudy 'til 10am, then
> Cloudy to 4pm with the rain starting between 4 and 5pm.
> So it looks like an evening sampling the pubs of York instead of sitting
> outside the tent :)

Sounds like a plan! My two reasons for going are to visit the trade show
and to meet some fellow urc-ers. Given that there appear to be at least
a few still going, shall we arrange a place / time to meet, or some kind
of method to establish one since we can't just seek out the "girly pink
volvo"!

Jon