York not looking good

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just zis Guy, you know?, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most unlikely
    I'll be up to going.

    --
    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    > Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most unlikely
    > I'll be up to going.

    I won't get my free beer now :-(

    --
    Simon M.

  3. Simon Mason wrote:

    >> Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most
    >> unlikely I'll be up to going.

    > I won't get my free beer now :-(

    And I won't get lots of Stuff, like a pair of bike shoes that actually fit.

    Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter in
    the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

    --
    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  4. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    > Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter

    in
    > the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

    is this online?

    cheers,
    clive

  5. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    says...
    > Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most unlikely
    > I'll be up to going.

    Shame, I was looking forward to that. Is anyone else still going? Will
    there be enough people to make a urc moot?

    Looking at the Met Office forecasts, I'd be better off in Edinburgh, but
    if there'll be fellow posters in York then I'll probably make the
    effort!

    Jon

  6. Clive George wrote:

    >> Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a
    >> letter in the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

    > is this online?

    Not yet.

    --
    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  7. Ian G Batten

    Ian G Batten Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter in
    > the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

    Remember: you're not paranoid when you believe everyone is out to get
    you. You're paranoid when you believe every_thing_ is out to get you.

    ian

  8. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Ian G Batten wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Apparently I will have a busy weekend anyway writing a reply to a letter in
    >> the Reading Post bashing me and the CTC.

    > Remember: you're not paranoid when you believe everyone is out to get
    > you. You're paranoid when you believe every_thing_ is out to get you.
    >
    > ian

    Or "Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get me" ;-)

    Tony

  9. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    "Jon Senior" <[email protected]_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove> wrote in message
    > says...
    > > Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most

    unlikely
    > > I'll be up to going.

    > Shame, I was looking forward to that. Is anyone else still going? Will
    > there be enough people to make a urc moot?
    >
    > Looking at the Met Office forecasts, I'd be better off in Edinburgh, but
    > if there'll be fellow posters in York then I'll probably make the
    > effort!
    >
    > Jon

    I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
    afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car and
    perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

  10. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    > Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most unlikely
    > I'll be up to going.
    >
    > --
    > Guy
    > --
    > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    > http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    Thats a shame. What about Mildenhall ? I am considering it.

  11. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    MSeries [email protected] opined the following...
    > I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
    > afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car and
    > perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

    I'll be heading down by train on Saturday morning (Hopefully hitting
    York ~9:00) and heading back some time Sunday.

    Jon

  12. On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:06:17 +0100, "MSeries"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >Thats a shame. What about Mildenhall ? I am considering it.

    I think we're booked for Lancaster, not sure about Mildenhall.

  13. On 2004-06-24, MSeries <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
    > afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car and
    > perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

    The BBC say big yellow sunshine to tempt us there on Friday, and two
    raindrops / black cloud to catch us out on Saturday. Of course, given
    the reliability of weather forcasts, it could do something completely
    different.

    I transported the tandem back home from work with the help of Lindsay
    this evening in the pouring rain. Either Lindsay's very strong, or the
    tandem (a Dawes Galaxy Twin, quite old, Reynolds 531) is very efficient.
    It did 35 down Pool Bank with the drag brake on, and 20 on the gradual
    climb from Pool to Huby, until we got tired towards the top. It does move
    well though. The only problem is that after too much time on the Dark
    Side my shoulders and neck had to get used to the touring position again.

    - Richard

    --
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com
    _/ _/ _/ _/

  14. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:06:17 +0100, "MSeries"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    >> Thats a shame. What about Mildenhall ? I am considering it.

    > I think we're booked for Lancaster, not sure about Mildenhall.
    >
    > Guy

    Lancaster ? What's happening there and when ?

  15. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:06:17 +0100, "MSeries"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    >> Thats a shame. What about Mildenhall ? I am considering it.

    > I think we're booked for Lancaster, not sure about Mildenhall.
    >
    > Guy

    Cyclefest? I'll probably be there for one or two of the days

    Tony

  16. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Richard Corfield wrote:
    > On 2004-06-24, MSeries <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> I'm going, hopefully cycling there in Saturday morning and home in the
    >> afternoon. If the weather is too bad I'll drive with the bike in the car
    >> and perhaps do a short ride in the area if it brightens up

    > The BBC say big yellow sunshine to tempt us there on Friday, and two
    > raindrops / black cloud to catch us out on Saturday. Of course, given
    > the reliability of weather forcasts, it could do something completely
    > different.

    Me too. Was going to go on Friday, do a ride Saturday and trade show Sunday.
    But looking at the forecast I think I might just go for the day on Sunday.
    The forecast changes though. Yesterday it was light rain for Saturday, today
    its heavy rain. Tomorrow and Saturday, who knows.

    Tony

  17. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Jon Senior
    ('[email protected]_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove') wrote:

    > says...
    >> Either the weather or me. I have the Dreaded Lurgi and it's most
    >> unlikely I'll be up to going.

    > Shame, I was looking forward to that. Is anyone else still going? Will
    > there be enough people to make a urc moot?

    Largely because of the weather I probably *shall* be going - it looks to
    nasty to sail.

  18. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 24/6/04 11:05 pm, in article
    [email protected], "Simon Brooke"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Largely because of the weather I probably *shall* be going - it looks to
    > nasty to sail.

    If the weather is crap I'll be trying to find a place for my boat at the
    local sailing club. If the weather is good I'll be out on the bike.

    ...d

  19. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > Richard Corfield wrote:

    > > The BBC say big yellow sunshine to tempt us there on Friday, and two
    > > raindrops / black cloud to catch us out on Saturday. Of course, given
    > > the reliability of weather forcasts, it could do something completely
    > > different.

    > Me too. Was going to go on Friday, do a ride Saturday and trade show Sunday.
    > But looking at the forecast I think I might just go for the day on Sunday.
    > The forecast changes though. Yesterday it was light rain for Saturday, today
    > its heavy rain. Tomorrow and Saturday, who knows.

    I use uk.weather.com

    The hourly forecast for Saturday says Mostly Cloudy 'til 10am, then
    Cloudy to 4pm with the rain starting between 4 and 5pm.
    So it looks like an evening sampling the pubs of York instead of sitting
    outside the tent :)

    John B

  20. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    JohnB [email protected] opined the following...
    > The hourly forecast for Saturday says Mostly Cloudy 'til 10am, then
    > Cloudy to 4pm with the rain starting between 4 and 5pm.
    > So it looks like an evening sampling the pubs of York instead of sitting
    > outside the tent :)

    Sounds like a plan! My two reasons for going are to visit the trade show
    and to meet some fellow urc-ers. Given that there appear to be at least
    a few still going, shall we arrange a place / time to meet, or some kind
    of method to establish one since we can't just seek out the "girly pink
    volvo"!

    Jon