York Rally - urc meeting

Arthur Clune

Guest
It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?

If so, how about meeting up on the Saturday afternoon?

Arthur

Lord Lester

"Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?

I'll be there

Sounds like the cue for a song...

I will have the kids with me, so not sure what the programme is, but I will be there.

--
Guy
===

Arthur Clune deftly scribbled:

> It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?

Please, forgive my ignorance, but what is the York Rally ?

--
Digweed

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

: I will have the kids with me, so not sure what the programme is, but I will be there.

Best plan might be to arrange to meet up in the food tent at a given time when we know who else
might be there.

Arhtur

Lord Lester

I'm going. Probably ride over for the day on Sunday, I was thinking about driving to the P&R and
participating in one of the rides but I can't seem to find any details of the rides.

"Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?
>
> If so, how about meeting up on the Saturday afternoon?
>
> Arthur
>
> --
> Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org Power is delightful. Absolute power is absolutely delightful -
> Lord Lester

Do you work at York Uni Arthur ? or perhaps you are a student. I start a new job at the Science Park
on July 1st. I believe another urc - er works at YorkUni too.

M Series wrote:
> I'm going. Probably ride over for the day on Sunday, I was thinking about driving to the P&R and
> participating in one of the rides but I can't seem to find any details of the rides.
>

> "Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?
>>
>>If so, how about meeting up on the Saturday afternoon?
>>
>>Arthur
>>
>>--
>>Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org Power is delightful. Absolute power is absolutely delightful -
>>Lord Lester

I'll be getting there sometime Saturday.

Doing the grass track racing, with my son on the Sunday

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

In news:[email protected], Arthur Clune <[email protected]> typed:
> It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?
>
> If so, how about meeting up on the Saturday afternoon?

I was thinking of going on Saturday. Anyone know where there is any information on the programme and
rides? The CTC website info is useless when you actually tunnel your way through the site navigation
to find it.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

Originally posted by Arthur Clune
It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?

If so, how about meeting up on the Saturday afternoon?

Arthur would it be possible for you to give me some info on york rally . thanks

Lord Lester

I enquired via email about camping and they emailed me a programme of events a couple of days later
as a word doc.

John J

In news:[email protected], John J <[email protected]> typed:
> I enquired via email about camping and they emailed me a programme of events a couple of days
> later as a word doc.

I e-mailed them about how useless the information on the CTC website was - that is if you passed the
initiative test to find where it was hidden. I think the answer from the CTC says it all!

"Sorry - we have ahs a few glitches on the web this year. We are setting uown website for next year
which should be under york cycle show for search engind purposes."

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

I'll be there, camping on the lightweight section. Have no definite Saturday plans yet. I'm coming
up on Friday.

Hi Tony

I'll email you the Word doc I got from CTC (at the second attempt.. gnash gnash)

Phil Bixby York, UK

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:05:56 +0100, "Phil Bixby" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'll email you the Word doc I got from CTC (at the second attempt.. gnash gnash)

Could you repeat the favour for me, please? I can't find our copy.

Guy
===

M Series <[email protected]> wrote:
: Do you work at York Uni Arthur ? or perhaps you are a student. I start a new job at the Science
: Park on July 1st. I believe another urc - er works at YorkUni too.

I work here. Simon Ward used to work here as well, but now works for a company in town.

Send me an email if you want - there's a lot of cycling going on in York.

Arthur

Lord Lester

Duly sent!

Phil B

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:05:56 +0100, "Phil Bixby" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'll email you the Word doc I got from CTC (at the second attempt.. gnash gnash)
>
> Could you repeat the favour for me, please? I can't find our copy.
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
> notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of
> downtime between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same
> equipment on the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

On 13 Jun 2003 11:25:03 GMT, contributor Arthur Clune had scribed:
> It's that time of year again - anyone of urc going to the York Rally?

Me, Me. I'll be there, seeing off the early riders, from Peter Gray's breakfast bash to Derek's trip
to Boothferry, then taking a ride out to a well known cafe that it patronised mainly by PTWs, and
try and outnumber them (the PTWs that is).

> If so, how about meeting up on the Saturday afternoon?

I'll be back at about 1.30 pm, tail wind permitting and hanging around the stewards tent or the
trade/exhibition tent. We could always go and locate Helen's lightweight pitch and assemble
there! ;-)

BTW, you need a programme to enter the trade/exhibition marquees this year, the reason is
three-fold, the trade/exhibitors want it to reduce the numbers of light-fingered which in turn will
keep prices low, to increase the sales of programmes (which at £2 is cheap compared to the bargains
to be had in the marquees) and to get a more accurate count of the numbers going in to the marquees
(previously if a person went into the marquee then that person is counted each time (hence the
inflated figures), whereas it will now be based on programme sales).

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:22:32 +0100, contributor You know? Just zis Guy had scribed:
> I will have the kids with me, so not sure what the programme is, but I will be there.

Plenty there, the Woodcraft folk will be back again as well as the children's events in arena on
Sunday afternoon.

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:25:56 +0100, contributor Someone else Not me had scribed:
> Please, forgive my ignorance, but what is the York Rally ?

York Cycle Rally, which is meeting for the 59th consecutive year this weekend (21-22 June).
Originally, it met as a reunion of cyclists from around Yorkshire after the scattering of
able-bodied man in the 1940s, so in August 1945 a reunion was organised to find out how many of the
regular club cyclists were left afterwards. It has met every year since as a social event that
includes some trading, some competing, some riding (especially Saturday morning), etc. It now draws
interest further afield with cyclists coming from as far as New Zealand.

The venue, BTW, is the Knavesmire (York Racecourse).

Gary York Rally Committee