York URC

Alan Braggins wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Simon Ward wrote:
>
>>David E. Belcher <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>50p a pint if last night's edition of "Holiday" on BBC1 (featuring Prague) was anything to go by.
>>>Bargain!
>>
>> It's gone up, then. Several people on the Saturday night were waxing lyrical about the fact that
>> the beer was only 40p a pint when they were in Prague
>

> It was about 10p a pint bottled, 5p a pint draft when I was in Czechoslovakia in 1982.

I was in Jindrichuv Hradec[1] in 1991. Beer was 20p a bottle, 12p draft IIRC. The lake was frozen
(as it was January), and I'd been given advice that the weather was fine, so I wore jeans, T shirt
and a leather jacket in -20 degrees C. Trying to pronounce the name of the place was impossible
until you'd drunk a quids worth of the beer...

[1]Yes it is a real place, and yes it is in the Czech Republic, and in a different character set for
that matter - pedants please imagine an upside-down "^" over the first "r", and a little circle
over the "u".

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Aye!.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:27:53 +0100, Gary Knighton <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Now I know where everybody else were when I met you at your pitch
>

> The plan in the Bundestent said Helen was at pitch 17, but I looked there dozens of times and it
> was Empty. ???

I kept cycling around the Cafe tent area but could see anyone ressembling URC, I could only see
'normal' people.

Bit too busy on the track on Sunday to have time to look at times

Pete

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:23:41 +0000 (UTC), Pete Whelan <[email protected]> wrote:

>I kept cycling around the Cafe tent area but could see anyone ressembling URC, I could only see
>'normal' people.

Can't have been when I was around, then - nothing normal about me!

Guy
===

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:39:24 +0100, contributor You know? Just zis Guy had scribed:
> The plan in the Bundestent said Helen was at pitch 17, but I looked there dozens of times and it
> was Empty. ???

The Master list showed pitch 19, which contain a tent on Friday evening and a bicycle with Helen's
name on, not that she rides it any more.

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:45:28 +0100, contributor Helen Deborah Vecht had scribed:
> I was at pitch 19. Gary found me there. Phobiles are brilliant on the Rally site but it helps to
> keep them switched on :)

Like my call to Peter Gray I made for you regarding the Minster.

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:23:41 +0000 (UTC), contributor Pete Whelan had scribed:
> kept cycling around the Cafe tent area but could see anyone ressembling URC, I could only see
> 'normal' people.

I was wearing a name badge throughout my time on the Knavesmire.

Gary