You Americans make me laugh ; )

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Supadumdum, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Supadumdum

    Supadumdum Guest

    Affirmative Action. I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually Inferior."
    Fire up the small yellow school buses!!

    Only in America ; )

    Tags:

  2. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    supadumdum <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Affirmative Action. I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled

    <snip ... whatever>

    Now lets talk about affirmative action for driving school.

    > Only in America ; )

    Just be glad there isn't a windshield on you bicycle.

  3. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "supadumdum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Affirmative Action.

    Got a better idea? There is an unfortunate chasm between races and cultures in the US, most
    obviously between black (regardless of national extraction, it would seem) and white (again,
    regardless of national origin). The level of tension varies wildly, from almost non-existent to
    on-the-verge-of-rioting. It's a big, big problem and we can't seem to get it under control.
    Meanwhile, black people in the US are being turned away from voting polls by the thousands (notably,
    in Florida). This is *not* making things better. If black Americans (African Americans and other
    people of color) are ready to dump that crazy criminal* cowboy illegally squatting at the
    Whitehouse**, I can surely see why.

    Affirmative Action is not perfect. Some people get the short stick, definitely. Come to America and
    help us find a solution for this very real problem. It will be the biggest challenge that you have
    ever faced. I don't think there is a perfect answer.

    > I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually
    Inferior."

    You have nothing to worry about. Asians in the US are routinely held up as model scholars. They are
    more likely to be resented for their scholastic achievement than anything.

    > Only in America ; )

    We screw up sometimes (Iraq); but we try. If you come for a visit, and look me up. I'll be glad to
    show you around. It's a beautiful country. Apologies in advance if you are searched at the airport,
    or barred from entry. We're "at war" you see. As you say, "Only in America."

    Barry

    *-G.W. Bush is known to have deserted his military post during the Viet Nam war for approximately
    one year. He was never prosecuted nor served a single day in the stockade for this federal crime.

    **-The laws broken in order to install the Bush regime are well documented. A good book (light read)
    on the topic is "Jews for Buchanan," which illuminates the process that allowed the Republicans to
    steal the presidency in 2000. It seems that many thousands of votes for Bush were doctored, and
    thousands of votes for Gore were thrown out by Republican vote counters in the crucial recounting
    procedure that ultimately decided the current fate of our nation.

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

  5. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    supadumdum <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Affirmative Action. I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually Inferior."
    > Fire up the small yellow school buses!!
    >
    > Only in America ; )

    Greetings, supadumdum!

    Now I know how Superman felt when confronted by Bizarro -- I'd write 'No relation', but how can my
    polar opposite be unrelated? Repeat after me: 'mudmudapus'!

    /s "I got Chinese EYES, And Chinese SUITS!"

  6. Martees

    Martees Guest

  7. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Isn't this a mountain biking forum and not some bullshit political position one? I'm sure there are
    mor appropriate forums for your spew.

    Danny

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "supadumdum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Affirmative Action.
    >
    > Got a better idea? There is an unfortunate chasm between races and
    cultures
    > in the US, most obviously between black (regardless of national
    extraction,
    > it would seem) and white (again, regardless of national origin). The
    level
    > of tension varies wildly, from almost non-existent to on-the-verge-of-rioting. It's a big, big
    > problem and we can't seem to get
    it
    > under control. Meanwhile, black people in the US are being turned away
    from
    > voting polls by the thousands (notably, in Florida). This is *not* making things better. If black
    > Americans (African Americans and other people of color) are ready to dump that crazy criminal*
    > cowboy illegally squatting
    at
    > the Whitehouse**, I can surely see why.
    >
    > Affirmative Action is not perfect. Some people get the short stick, definitely. Come to America
    > and help us find a solution for this very
    real
    > problem. It will be the biggest challenge that you have ever faced. I
    don't
    > think there is a perfect answer.
    >
    > > I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually
    > Inferior."
    >
    > You have nothing to worry about. Asians in the US are routinely held up as model scholars. They
    > are more likely to be resented for their scholastic achievement than anything.
    >
    > > Only in America ; )
    >
    > We screw up sometimes (Iraq); but we try. If you come for a visit, and
    look
    > me up. I'll be glad to show you around. It's a beautiful country.
    Apologies
    > in advance if you are searched at the airport, or barred from entry.
    We're
    > "at war" you see. As you say, "Only in America."
    >
    > Barry
    >
    > *-G.W. Bush is known to have deserted his military post during the Viet
    Nam
    > war for approximately one year. He was never prosecuted nor served a
    single
    > day in the stockade for this federal crime.
    >
    > **-The laws broken in order to install the Bush regime are well
    documented.
    > A good book (light read) on the topic is "Jews for Buchanan," which illuminates the process that
    > allowed the Republicans to steal the
    presidency
    > in 2000. It seems that many thousands of votes for Bush were doctored,
    and
    > thousands of votes for Gore were thrown out by Republican vote counters in the crucial recounting
    > procedure that ultimately decided the current fate
    of
    > our nation.

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Danny thoughtfully penned:
    > Isn't this a mountain biking forum and not some bullshit political position one? I'm sure there
    > are mor appropriate forums for your spew.
    >
    > Danny

    did you miss the"alt" in alt.mountain bike? Suggestion, read the FAQ for this group and then learn
    how to use your filters.

    http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    Penny S

    > "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "supadumdum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>> Affirmative Action.
    >>
    >> Got a better idea? There is an unfortunate chasm between races and cultures in the US, most
    >> obviously between black (regardless of national extraction, it would seem) and white (again,
    >> regardless of national origin). The level of tension varies wildly, from almost non-existent to
    >> on-the-verge-of-rioting. It's a big, big problem and we can't seem to get it under control.
    >> Meanwhile, black people in the US are being turned away from voting polls by the thousands
    >> (notably, in Florida). This is *not* making things better. If black Americans (African Americans
    >> and other people of color) are ready to dump that crazy criminal* cowboy illegally squatting at
    >> the Whitehouse**, I can surely see why.
    >>
    >> Affirmative Action is not perfect. Some people get the short stick, definitely. Come to America
    >> and help us find a solution for this very real problem. It will be the biggest challenge that you
    >> have ever faced. I don't think there is a perfect answer.
    >>
    >>> I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually Inferior."
    >>
    >> You have nothing to worry about. Asians in the US are routinely held up as model scholars. They
    >> are more likely to be resented for their scholastic achievement than anything.
    >>
    >>> Only in America ; )
    >>
    >> We screw up sometimes (Iraq); but we try. If you come for a visit, and look me up. I'll be glad
    >> to show you around. It's a beautiful country. Apologies in advance if you are searched at the
    >> airport, or barred from entry.
    > We're
    >> "at war" you see. As you say, "Only in America."
    >>
    >> Barry
    >>
    >> *-G.W. Bush is known to have deserted his military post during the Viet Nam war for approximately
    >> one year. He was never prosecuted nor served a single day in the stockade for this federal crime.
    >>
    >> **-The laws broken in order to install the Bush regime are well documented. A good book (light
    >> read) on the topic is "Jews for Buchanan," which illuminates the process that allowed the
    >> Republicans to steal the presidency in 2000. It seems that many thousands of votes for Bush were
    >> doctored, and thousands of votes for Gore were thrown out by Republican vote counters in the
    >> crucial recounting procedure that ultimately decided the current fate of our nation.

  9. Danny

    Danny Guest

    I stand corrected... and I'll take Pennys advice on the filters...

    Spew away!

    Danny (wonders why no one complains about his top posting.. LOL)

    > Danny says:
    >
    > >Isn't this a mountain biking forum
    >
    > Nope! It's a newsgroup.
    >
    > >and not some bullshit political position one?
    >
    > Well, that's what the "alt" is for, so we can talk about all kinds of
    stuff
    > from mtb's to what kind of tutu JD should wear to the next FFTF.
    >
    > >I'm sure there are mor appropriate forums for your spew.
    >
    > I'm sure there are too, but we're here now, so let's talk....
    >
    > Steve

  10. Danny

    Danny Guest

    I stand corrected... Danny

    > Danny thoughtfully penned:
    > > Isn't this a mountain biking forum and not some bullshit political position one? I'm sure there
    > > are mor appropriate forums for your spew.
    > >
    > > Danny
    >
    > did you miss the"alt" in alt.mountain bike? Suggestion, read the FAQ for this group and then learn
    > how to use your filters.
    >
    > http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > Penny S

    > >> Got a better idea? There is an unfortunate chasm between races and cultures in the US, most
    > >> obviously between black (regardless of national extraction, it would seem) and white (again,
    > >> regardless of national origin). The level of tension varies wildly, from almost non-existent to
    > >> on-the-verge-of-rioting. It's a big, big problem and we can't seem to get it under control.
    > >> Meanwhile, black people in the US are being turned away from voting polls by the thousands
    > >> (notably, in Florida). This is *not* making things better. If black Americans (African
    > >> Americans and other people of color) are ready to dump that crazy criminal* cowboy illegally
    > >> squatting at the Whitehouse**, I can surely see why.
    > >>
    > >> Affirmative Action is not perfect. Some people get the short stick, definitely. Come to America
    > >> and help us find a solution for this very real problem. It will be the biggest challenge that
    > >> you have ever faced. I don't think there is a perfect answer.

    > >> You have nothing to worry about. Asians in the US are routinely held up as model scholars. They
    > >> are more likely to be resented for their scholastic achievement than anything.

    > >> We screw up sometimes (Iraq); but we try. If you come for a visit, and look me up. I'll be glad
    > >> to show you around. It's a beautiful country. Apologies in advance if you are searched at the
    > >> airport, or barred from entry.
    > > We're
    > >> "at war" you see. As you say, "Only in America."
    > >>
    > >> Barry
    > >>
    > >> *-G.W. Bush is known to have deserted his military post during the Viet Nam war for
    > >> approximately one year. He was never prosecuted nor served a single day in the stockade for
    > >> this federal crime.
    > >>
    > >> **-The laws broken in order to install the Bush regime are well documented. A good book (light
    > >> read) on the topic is "Jews for Buchanan," which illuminates the process that allowed the
    > >> Republicans to steal the presidency in 2000. It seems that many thousands of votes for Bush
    > >> were doctored, and thousands of votes for Gore were thrown out by Republican vote counters in
    > >> the crucial recounting procedure that ultimately decided the current fate of our nation.

  11. Danny

    Danny Guest

    although.. upon reading the FAQ...

    [1-2] What is alt.mountain-bike for?

    The list is for general discussion on mountain bike related topics past and present. We would rather
    see less on the product front and more on the lifestyle, stories, scenes, experiences and news side
    of things.

    Cut and pasted with no modifications to the content... So it seems as if my priginal point is
    indeed valid.

    Now I WILL get flamed for top posting.. sigh.

    Danny

    > Danny thoughtfully penned:
    > > Isn't this a mountain biking forum and not some bullshit political position one? I'm sure there
    > > are mor appropriate forums for your spew.
    > >
    > > Danny
    >
    > did you miss the"alt" in alt.mountain bike? Suggestion, read the FAQ for this group and then learn
    > how to use your filters.
    >
    > http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > Penny S

    > >> Got a better idea? There is an unfortunate chasm between races and cultures in the US, most
    > >> obviously between black (regardless of national extraction, it would seem) and white (again,
    > >> regardless of national origin). The level of tension varies wildly, from almost non-existent to
    > >> on-the-verge-of-rioting. It's a big, big problem and we can't seem to get it under control.
    > >> Meanwhile, black people in the US are being turned away from voting polls by the thousands
    > >> (notably, in Florida). This is *not* making things better. If black Americans (African
    > >> Americans and other people of color) are ready to dump that crazy criminal* cowboy illegally
    > >> squatting at the Whitehouse**, I can surely see why.
    > >>
    > >> Affirmative Action is not perfect. Some people get the short stick, definitely. Come to America
    > >> and help us find a solution for this very real problem. It will be the biggest challenge that
    > >> you have ever faced. I don't think there is a perfect answer.

    > >> You have nothing to worry about. Asians in the US are routinely held up as model scholars. They
    > >> are more likely to be resented for their scholastic achievement than anything.

    > >> We screw up sometimes (Iraq); but we try. If you come for a visit, and look me up. I'll be glad
    > >> to show you around. It's a beautiful country. Apologies in advance if you are searched at the
    > >> airport, or barred from entry.
    > > We're
    > >> "at war" you see. As you say, "Only in America."
    > >>
    > >> Barry
    > >>
    > >> *-G.W. Bush is known to have deserted his military post during the Viet Nam war for
    > >> approximately one year. He was never prosecuted nor served a single day in the stockade for
    > >> this federal crime.
    > >>
    > >> **-The laws broken in order to install the Bush regime are well documented. A good book (light
    > >> read) on the topic is "Jews for Buchanan," which illuminates the process that allowed the
    > >> Republicans to steal the presidency in 2000. It seems that many thousands of votes for Bush
    > >> were doctored, and thousands of votes for Gore were thrown out by Republican vote counters in
    > >> the crucial recounting procedure that ultimately decided the current fate of our nation.

  12. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:58:33 GMT, "Danny" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I stand corrected... and I'll take Pennys advice on the filters...
    >
    >Spew away!
    >
    >Danny (wonders why no one complains about his top posting.. LOL)

    The moderator quit...

  13. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

  14. Danny

    Danny Guest

    > Danny says:
    >
    > >I stand corrected... and I'll take Pennys advice on the filters...
    > >
    > >Spew away!
    >
    > Hehe. I wouldn't have "spewed" had I noticed Penny's post. Or maybe I
    would -
    > we'll never know now.
    >
    > >Danny (wonders why no one complains about his top posting.. LOL)
    >
    > We were getting to that..... if you hung around. Now you've ruined
    the
    > fun.
    >
    > ;-P
    >
    > Steve

    Maybe I can be bipostal... just to keep everyone on their toes?

    Danny

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Danny <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Danny says:
    > >
    > > >I stand corrected... and I'll take Pennys advice on the filters...
    > > >
    > > >Spew away!
    > >
    > > Hehe. I wouldn't have "spewed" had I noticed Penny's post. Or maybe I
    > would -
    > > we'll never know now.
    > >
    > > >Danny (wonders why no one complains about his top posting.. LOL)
    > >
    > > We were getting to that..... if you hung around. Now you've ruined
    > the
    > > fun.
    > >
    > > ;-P
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > Maybe I can be bipostal...

    Gready to have 2 letterboxes.

    > just to keep everyone on their toes?

    I'm always on my toes - that's cause I'm always reaching.

    Shaun aRe

  16. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    Danny wrote:

    > although.. upon reading the FAQ...
    >
    > [1-2] What is alt.mountain-bike for?
    >
    > The list is for general discussion on mountain bike related topics past and present. We would
    > rather see less on the product front and more on the lifestyle, stories, scenes, experiences and
    > news side of things.
    >
    > Cut and pasted with no modifications to the content... So it seems as if my priginal point is
    > indeed valid.
    >
    > Now I WILL get flamed for top posting.. sigh.
    >
    > Danny

    Top-posting, spindle-greasing pervert.

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

  17. Di

    Di Guest

    we're glad you don't like us, at least that's one less that will be trying to come here.

    "supadumdum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Affirmative Action. I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually Inferior."
    > Fire up the small yellow school buses!!
    >
    > Only in America ; )

  18. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "supadumdum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Affirmative Action.
    >
    > Got a better idea?

    Yes! Judge every one on "the content of their character, not the color of their skin" as this law
    does. This is a racist law and should be abolished.

    > There is an unfortunate chasm between races and cultures in the US, most obviously between black
    > (regardless of national extraction, it would seem) and white (again, regardless of national
    > origin). The level of tension varies wildly, from almost non-existent to on-the-verge-of-rioting.
    > It's a big, big problem and we can't seem to get it under control. Meanwhile, black people in the
    > US are being turned away from voting polls by the thousands (notably, in Florida). This is *not*
    > making things better. If black Americans (African Americans and other people of color) are ready
    > to dump that crazy criminal* cowboy illegally squatting at the Whitehouse**, I can surely see why.

    clueless morons on the internet.

    > Affirmative Action is not perfect. Some people get the short stick, definitely. Come to America
    > and help us find a solution for this very real problem. It will be the biggest challenge that you
    > have ever faced. I don't think there is a perfect answer.

    Affirmative Action is RACIST! period.

    >> I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually
    > Inferior."
    >
    > You have nothing to worry about. Asians in the US are routinely held up as model scholars. They
    > are more likely to be resented for their scholastic achievement than anything.
    >
    >> Only in America ; )
    >
    > We screw up sometimes (Iraq); but we try. If you come for a visit, and look me up. I'll be glad to
    > show you around. It's a beautiful country. Apologies in advance if you are searched at the
    > airport, or barred from entry. We're "at war" you see. As you say, "Only in America."
    >
    > Barry

    I am embarrased for you. Why don't you move to France. You would fin in real well there.

  19. Mrslanteye

    Mrslanteye Guest

    "Mr. E. Mann" wrote:

    > "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > "supadumdum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> Affirmative Action.
    > >
    > > Got a better idea?
    >
    > Yes! Judge every one on "the content of their character, not the color of their skin" as this law
    > does. This is a racist law and should be abolished.
    >
    > > There is an unfortunate chasm between races and cultures in the US, most obviously between black
    > > (regardless of national extraction, it would seem) and white (again, regardless of national
    > > origin). The level of tension varies wildly, from almost non-existent to
    > > on-the-verge-of-rioting. It's a big, big problem and we can't seem to get it under control.
    > > Meanwhile, black people in the US are being turned away from voting polls by the thousands
    > > (notably, in Florida). This is *not* making things better. If black Americans (African Americans
    > > and other people of color) are ready to dump that crazy criminal* cowboy illegally squatting at
    > > the Whitehouse**, I can surely see why.
    >

    > clueless morons on the internet.
    >
    > > Affirmative Action is not perfect. Some people get the short stick, definitely. Come to America
    > > and help us find a solution for this very real problem. It will be the biggest challenge that
    > > you have ever faced. I don't think there is a perfect answer.
    >
    > Affirmative Action is RACIST! period.

    > >> I'd be embarrassed if my race (Asian) was labeled "Intellectually
    > > Inferior."
    > >
    > > You have nothing to worry about. Asians in the US are routinely held up as model scholars. They
    > > are more likely to be resented for their scholastic achievement than anything.

    I agree, Asians are too smart to need affirmative action.

  20. we are all now dumber for reading those two posts.