YOU CAN CONTROL DIABETES!

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Joyce Richey, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Joyce Richey

    Joyce Richey Guest

    As a Diabetic, I know you can control Diabetes by proper
    eating. You don't have to take medication or shots - you
    just have to eat a "low carb" diet.

    Yes, you can have all the desserts, breads, pizza, soups,
    stews, and foods you are use to. The only difference is the
    ingredients you make them with.

    Check out www.deliciouslyhealthy.net. This site will teach
    you how to substitute unhealthy foods with foods suitable
    for a Diabetic. It will also show you what foods are
    available at your local grocery stores.

    Beware of foods that are advertised for "Diabetics" or say
    "Sugar Free". Most of these have a tremendous amount of
    carbohydrates in them.

    Tags:

  2. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Joyce Richey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As a Diabetic, I know you can control Diabetes by proper
    > eating. You don't have to take medication or shots - you
    > just have to eat a "low carb" diet.

    Nonsense! Can a person with type 1 eat low carb and use no
    insulin? No! And what about exercise? That's essential.
    Also, not all people can do low carb and no meds. To tell us
    otherwise is to be lying.

    > Yes, you can have all the desserts, breads, pizza, soups,
    > stews, and foods you are use to. The only difference is
    > the ingredients you make them with.

    What a bunch of hooey! I can't eat as much of anything as I
    want, except perhaps salad greens.

    > Check out <spam snipped> This site will teach you how to
    > substitute unhealthy foods with foods suitable for a
    > Diabetic. It will also show you what foods are available
    > at your local grocery stores.

    You are assuming we are eating unhealthy foods.

    > Beware of foods that are advertised for "Diabetics" or say
    > "Sugar Free". Most of these have a tremendous amount of
    > carbohydrates in them.

    Duh!

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  3. On 7 Jun 2004 23:42:57 -0700, [email protected] (Joyce Richey) wrote:

    >As a Diabetic, I know you can control Diabetes by proper
    >eating. You don't have to take medication or shots - you
    >just have to eat a "low carb" diet.
    >
    >Yes, you can have all the desserts, breads, pizza, soups,
    >stews, and foods you are use to. The only difference is the
    >ingredients you make them with.
    >
    >Check out www.deliciouslyhealthy.net. This site will teach
    >you how to substitute unhealthy foods with foods suitable
    >for a Diabetic. It will also show you what foods are
    >available at your local grocery stores.
    >
    >Beware of foods that are advertised for "Diabetics" or say
    >"Sugar Free". Most of these have a tremendous amount of
    >carbohydrates in them.

    Oh look! www.deliciouslyhealthy.net

    A on-line comic book for diabetics.

    David

  4. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Joyce Richey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As a Diabetic, I know you can control Diabetes by proper
    > eating. You don't have to take medication or shots - you
    > just have to eat a "low carb" diet.

    Suck my purple bell end you stupid, stupid blind ugly cow.
    You know less

    Beav

  5. MâCk©®

    MâCk©® Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:58:59 +1000, J David Anderson
    <jd[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 7 Jun 2004 23:42:57 -0700, [email protected] (Joyce
    >Richey) wrote:
    >
    >>As a Diabetic, I know you can control Diabetes by proper
    >>eating. You don't have to take medication or shots - you
    >>just have to eat a "low carb" diet.
    >>
    >>Yes, you can have all the desserts, breads, pizza, soups,
    >>stews, and foods you are use to. The only difference is
    >>the ingredients you make them with.
    >>
    >>Check out www.deliciouslyhealthy.net. This site will teach
    >>you how to substitute unhealthy foods with foods suitable
    >>for a Diabetic. It will also show you what foods are
    >>available at your local grocery stores.
    >>
    >>Beware of foods that are advertised for "Diabetics" or say
    >>"Sugar Free". Most of these have a tremendous amount of
    >>carbohydrates in them.
    >

    >Oh look! www.deliciouslyhealthy.net
    >
    >A on-line comic book for diabetics.
    >

    >David

    yep: "4. If you work, cook soups, stews, lasagna, etc. on
    the weekends and put them in the freezer so you are not
    tempted to grab something unhealthy when you come home,
    tired from work. "

    Lasagna is low carb? ;}

    Mâck©® Type 1 since 1975 http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
    http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

    In tribute to the United States of America and the State of
    Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with
    strife and terrorism.

    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
    President, or that we are to stand by the President
    right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
    but is morally treasonable to the American public."

    ...Theodore Roosevelt

    Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

    NO C-heney NO A-shcroft NO R-umsfeld NO B-ush

  6. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Mâck©®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "4. If you work, cook soups, stews, lasagna, etc. on the
    > weekends and put them in the freezer so you are not
    > tempted to grab something unhealthy when you come home,
    > tired from work. "
    >
    > Lasagna is low carb? ;}

    Mine is. I simply use a layer of zucchini and onions that
    have been sauteed first instead of one of the layers of
    pasta. You could do more than one layer of this, or even
    replace all of the pasta with this.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  7. MâCk©®

    MâCk©® Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:48:12 +0100, "Beav"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Joyce Richey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> As a Diabetic, I know you can control Diabetes by proper
    >> eating. You don't have to take medication or shots - you
    >> just have to eat a "low carb" diet.
    >
    >Suck my purple bell end you stupid, stupid blind ugly cow.
    >You know less

    >Beav

    I don't think anyone will disagree with you on this one
    Beav.

    Mâck©® Type 1 since 1975 http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
    http://www.diabetic-talk.org http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

    In tribute to the United States of America and the State of
    Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with
    strife and terrorism.

    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
    President, or that we are to stand by the President
    right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
    but is morally treasonable to the American public."

    ...Theodore Roosevelt

    Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

    NO C-heney NO A-shcroft NO R-umsfeld NO B-ush

  8. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Mâck©®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:48:12 +0100, "Beav"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Joyce Richey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> As a Diabetic, I know you can control Diabetes by
    > >> proper eating. You don't have to take medication or
    > >> shots - you just have to eat a "low carb" diet.
    > >
    > >Suck my purple bell end you stupid, stupid blind ugly
    > >cow. You know less

    > >Beav
    > >

    > I don't think anyone will disagree with you on this
    > one Beav.

    I still think I must've been in a bit of amood when I read
    her post :))))

    Beav

  9. Hey there, one year ago when I was dx with type two it
    scared me a lot. Since my father also had diabetes and he
    died after four heart attacks and cancer , it really got me
    on the ball. One year ago my numbers were above
    250. I just had my blood work done ad I am around 90 all
    the time. Sometimes lower. I am on metformin and
    Lipitor and an aspirin a day. I am now off of my high
    blood pressure meds and I will be off of my diabetes
    meds soon due to proper diet. So it can be done, but I
    will always have diabetes. I have to be in control of
    my disease because no one else can manage it for me.
    Unfortunately I have neuropathy and so I guess I have
    been a diabetic long since one year ago. But with
    proper diet, and exercise hopefully I will b e OK.

    Patricia

    Patricia "Beav" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > "Mâck©®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:48:12 +0100, "Beav"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Joyce Richey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...
    >> >
    >> >Suck my purple bell end you stupid, stupid blind ugly
    >> >cow. You know less

    >> >Beav
    >> >

    >> I don't think anyone will disagree with you on this
    >> one Beav.
    >
    > I still think I must've been in a bit of amood when I read
    > her post :))))
    >

    > Beav

  10. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Patricia1966wa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:z7iCc.18$%[email protected]...
    > Hey there, one year ago when I was dx with type two it
    > scared me a lot. Since my father also had diabetes and he
    > died after four heart attacks and cancer , it really got
    > me on the ball. One year ago my numbers were above
    > 250. I just had my blood work done ad I am around 90 all
    > the time. Sometimes lower. I am on metformin and
    > Lipitor and an aspirin a day. I am now off of my
    > high blood pressure meds and I will be off of my
    > diabetes
    meds
    > soon due to proper diet. So it can be done, but I will
    > always have
    diabetes.

    Patricia, we KNOW it can be done in SOME cases, but not all
    and not for ANY
    T1. The issue isn't whether or not diabetes can be
    controlled by healthy living (eating/exercising/etc)
    it's the fact that the original poster is nothing but a
    spammer and when you've hung around here long enough,
    you'll see just how much lowlife spammers and scammers
    are responded to when they try wheedling nothing but
    money out of us. they don't give a rats arse if we live
    healthily or unhealthily so long as THEY make money out
    of us while we're doing it. In fact, they like it better
    if we're NOT healthy.

    > I have to be in control of my disease because no one
    > else can manage it for me. Unfortunately I have
    > neuropathy and so I guess I have been a diabetic long
    > since one year ago. But with proper diet, and exercise
    > hopefully I will b e OK.

    I'm sure you will, but ONLY if you don't get suckered by
    spammers who's only interest is your money.

    Beav

  11. Alan

    Alan Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:22:51 -0700, "Patricia1966wa"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hey there, one year ago when I was dx with type two it
    > scared me a lot. Since my father also had diabetes and he
    > died after four heart attacks and cancer , it really got
    > me on the ball. One year ago my numbers were above
    >250. I just had my blood work done ad I am around 90 all
    > the time. Sometimes lower. I am on metformin and
    > Lipitor and an aspirin a day. I am now off of my high
    > blood pressure meds and I will be off of my diabetes
    > meds soon due to proper diet. So it can be done, but
    > I will always have diabetes. I have to be in control
    > of my disease because no one else can manage it for
    > me. Unfortunately I have neuropathy and so I guess I
    > have been a diabetic long since one year ago. But
    > with proper diet, and exercise hopefully I will b e
    > OK.
    >
    >Patricia

    Hi Patricia

    Congratulations! I like hearing the success stories :)

    Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and
    carbs to email.

  12. Alan

    Alan Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:09:04 +1000, Alan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:22:51 -0700, "Patricia1966wa"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Hey there, one year ago when I was dx with type two it
    >> scared me a lot. Since my father also had diabetes and he
    >> died after four heart attacks and cancer , it really got
    >> me on the ball. One year ago my numbers were above
    >>250. I just had my blood work done ad I am around 90 all
    >> the time. Sometimes lower. I am on metformin and
    >> Lipitor and an aspirin a day. I am now off of my
    >> high blood pressure meds and I will be off of my
    >> diabetes meds soon due to proper diet. So it can be
    >> done, but I will always have diabetes. I have to be
    >> in control of my disease because no one else can
    >> manage it for me. Unfortunately I have neuropathy
    >> and so I guess I have been a diabetic long since one
    >> year ago. But with proper diet, and exercise
    >> hopefully I will b e OK.
    >>
    >>Patricia
    >
    >Hi Patricia
    >
    >Congratulations! I like hearing the success stories :)
    >

    >Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and carbs
    >to email.

    Um, I just read your other posts since then. Good luck with
    stopping the smokes and with the weight.

    Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and
    carbs to email.

  13. I am a pretty smart girl most of the time and thanks. I hate spamming :)

    Patricia "Beav" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > "Patricia1966wa" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:z7iCc.18$%[email protected]...
    >> Hey there, one year ago when I was dx with type two it
    >> scared me a lot. Since my father also had diabetes and he
    >> died after four heart attacks and cancer , it really got
    >> me on the ball. One year ago my numbers were above
    >> 250. I just had my blood work done ad I am around 90 all
    >> the time. Sometimes lower. I am on metformin and
    >> Lipitor and an aspirin a day. I am now off of my
    >> high blood pressure meds and I will be off of my
    >> diabetes
    > meds
    >> soon due to proper diet. So it can be done, but I will
    >> always have
    > diabetes.
    >
    > Patricia, we KNOW it can be done in SOME cases, but not
    > all and not for ANY
    > T1. The issue isn't whether or not diabetes can be
    > controlled by healthy living (eating/exercising/etc)
    > it's the fact that the original poster is nothing but
    > a spammer and when you've hung around here long
    > enough, you'll see just how much lowlife spammers and
    > scammers are responded to when they try wheedling
    > nothing but money out of us. they don't give a rats
    > arse if we live healthily or unhealthily so long as
    > THEY make money out of us while we're doing it. In
    > fact, they like it better if we're NOT healthy.
    >
    >> I have to be in control of my disease because no one else
    >> can manage it for me. Unfortunately I have neuropathy and
    >> so I guess I have been a diabetic long since one year
    >> ago. But with proper diet, and exercise hopefully I will
    >> b e OK.
    >
    > I'm sure you will, but ONLY if you don't get suckered by
    > spammers who's only interest is your money.
    >

    > Beav

  14. thanks Alan. Thanks a lot.

    Patricia "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:09:04 +1000, Alan
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:22:51 -0700, "Patricia1966wa"
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey there, one year ago when I was dx with type two it
    >>> scared me a lot. Since my father also had diabetes and
    >>> he died after four heart attacks and cancer , it really
    >>> got me on the ball. One year ago my numbers were above
    >>>250. I just had my blood work done ad I am around 90 all
    >>> the time. Sometimes lower. I am on metformin and
    >>> Lipitor and an aspirin a day. I am now off of my
    >>> high blood pressure meds and I will be off of my
    >>> diabetes meds soon due to proper diet. So it can be
    >>> done, but I will always have diabetes. I have to be
    >>> in control of my disease because no one else can
    >>> manage it for me. Unfortunately I have neuropathy
    >>> and so I guess I have been a diabetic long since
    >>> one year ago. But with proper diet, and exercise
    >>> hopefully I will b e OK.
    >>>
    >>>Patricia
    >>
    >>Hi Patricia
    >>
    >>Congratulations! I like hearing the success stories :)
    >>

    >>Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and carbs
    >>to email.
    >
    > Um, I just read your other posts since then. Good luck
    > with stopping the smokes and with the weight.
    >

    > Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and carbs
    > to email.
    > --
    > Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

  15. Alan

    Alan Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:23:39 -0700, "Patricia1966wa"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > thanks Alan. Thanks a lot.
    >
    >Patricia

    Said with the best of intentions. I still like success
    stories. I've been where you are; I know how hard the
    addictions, both smokes and foods, can be to break. No
    sermons; I just know you can do it.

    And I still think you've done well on the BGs :)

    Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and
    carbs to email.

  16. Beav

    Beav Guest

  17. Jolly More

    Jolly More Guest

    Patricia, You can control your diabetes diet and just
    healthy living. I know you can do it because I can. At time
    the well meaning helpers get on my nerve but just listen to
    them and use your own brain. Keep up the gret work

    "Patricia1966wa" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am a pretty smart girl most of the time and thanks. I
    > hate spamming :)
    >
    > Patricia "Beav" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Patricia1966wa" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:z7iCc.18$%[email protected]...
    > >> Hey there, one year ago when I was dx with type two it
    > >> scared me a lot. Since my father also had diabetes and
    > >> he died after four heart attacks and cancer , it really
    > >> got me on the ball. One year ago my numbers were above
    > >> 250. I just had my blood work done ad I am around 90
    > >> all the time. Sometimes lower. I am on metformin
    > >> and Lipitor and an aspirin a day. I am now off of
    > >> my high blood pressure meds and I will be off of
    > >> my diabetes
    > meds
    > >> soon due to proper diet. So it can be done, but I will
    > >> always have
    > > diabetes.
    > >
    > > Patricia, we KNOW it can be done in SOME cases, but not
    > > all and not for ANY
    > > T1. The issue isn't whether or not diabetes can be
    > > controlled by healthy living (eating/exercising/etc)
    > > it's the fact that the original poster is nothing
    > > but a spammer and when you've hung around here long
    > > enough, you'll see just how much lowlife spammers
    > > and scammers are responded to when they try
    > > wheedling nothing but money out of us. they don't
    > > give a rats arse if we live healthily or unhealthily
    > > so long as THEY make money out of us while we're
    > > doing it. In fact, they like it better if we're NOT
    > > healthy.
    > >
    > >> I have to be in control of my disease because no one
    > >> else can manage it for me. Unfortunately I have
    > >> neuropathy and so I guess I have been a diabetic long
    > >> since one year ago. But with proper diet, and exercise
    > >> hopefully I will b e OK.
    > >
    > > I'm sure you will, but ONLY if you don't get suckered by
    > > spammers who's only interest is your money.
    > >

    > > Beav

  18. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Jolly More" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Patricia, You can control your diabetes diet and just
    > healthy living. I know you can do it because I can. At
    > time the well meaning helpers get on my nerve but just
    > listen to them and use your own brain. Keep up the
    > gret work

    Just because you did something, doesn't mean everyone else
    can do the same.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  19. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Jolly More" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Patricia, You can control your diabetes diet and just
    > healthy living.

    And pray tell, how do you KNOW that?

    I know
    > you can do it because I can.

    Oh I SEE!!!!. Because YOU can , then *everyone* can? That's
    a bit like telling someone that wearing a pair of specs will
    improve their sight. Bugger it if they're blind, that makes
    NO difference.

    At time the well meaning helpers get on
    > my nerve

    "s".

    but just listen to them and use your own brain.

    You could benefit from taking that advice yourself.

    Beav

  20. Alan

    Alan Guest

    On 25 Jun 2004 23:07:55 -0700, [email protected] (Jolly More)
    wrote:

    >Patricia, You can control your diabetes diet and just
    >healthy living. I know you can do it because I can. At time
    >the well meaning helpers get on my nerve but just listen to
    >them and use your own brain. Keep up the gret work

    Jolly More? Appeared here after an earlier X-post, so
    hopefully won't appear again. This sort of smug simplistic
    advice by self-satisfied twits is dangerous - and gets on
    my nerves.

    For Patricia and any newbies reading, the poster is only
    correct for themselves. Appropriate diet, exercise and
    "healthy living" is wise and will certainly improve
    control for nearly all diabetics; but "improve control"
    is not "control" and "nearly all" is not all. And it is
    not possible without insulin for type 1, a point
    neglected by "Jolly".

    "Jolly" can control that way, for the moment. So can I.
    But whether YOU can depends on the nature and stage of
    your own disease.