You can never be too Specialized

::dom::

Feb 28, 2004
This is the first time I have ever made a warrantee claim. And I must admit it was an entirely pleasant experience. Except of course the day it happened.

My fav bike an 04 Roubaix Pro had a problem, an unfixable problem. I nearly cried 'cos I Reeeeally love that bike... anyway I contacted the guys who sold it to me and they said (after talking to Specialized) that they'd replace the frame.

Oh! oh!... a new Roubaix Pro frame Luuuverly... I rushed onto the 'net to see what the 06 Roubaicx pro frame actually looks like... :( didn't like... Black was not bad.... my favourite colour in fact... but instead of the sexy matt clearcoated carbon was a gloss black with fancy pin stipping... not my cuppa tea thank you very much.

After trundling through Specialized.com I came across the 06 S-Works Roubaix F2, a snazzy red and black number.... Oooooo... I wouldn't mind one of those (Gromit).

So, I wack of an email to the dealer and mention (trying not to sound ungrateful) that I wasn't overly impressed with the 06 Roubaix Pro and how much would it cost me to upgrade to the 06 S-Works Roubaix?

A few hours later I get the reply "spoke to Specialized and the say they'll upgrade the replacement frame to the S-Works and no extra charge" :D :D :D

I'd just won a NIB pair of American Classic CR420s wheels and I finished building it up so here it is.

Who's a happy puppy? Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

S-Works02.jpg

Congrats. Good to hear that some companies do really stand by their products.

And nice ride...