You couldn't make it up.

Richard Stamper <[email protected]> wrote:
> John B <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> I'm not going to cross post as it will bring a certain troll over here, but if anyone wants to
>> see his latest nonsense visit uk.tosspot and see "Who's vulnerable". There, he writes:
>>

>> "I hear a lot of bleating about so called "vulnerable" road users."
>>
>> "Today's new figures show that it's motor vehicle users who are more vulnerable in practice."
>>
>> No, I'm not making it up and its not April 1st.
>
> Bizarrely, there is an interpretation of the figures that shows that car drivers are more
> vulnerable than cyclists. The thought experiment goes like this:
>
> Imagine God told you that you had to have a road accident, and you could choose to have it in
> car or on a bike. Which should you choose? The answer is that you should choose a bike since, on
> average, a car accident is very slightly more likely to kill or seriously injure you than a bike
> accident.
>
> Of course, this scenario disregards the probabilities of actually having a road accident when in a
> car or on a bike. I'm not sure what the probabilities of these are, or whether one should
> calculate them per mile, or per journey, or per hour travelled, or ...

Don't be silly, it goes like this: Many more people are killed in cars each year than on bikes in
Britain. Therefore, cars are far more dangerous. Full stop.

Y'know, I'm not a violent person by any means, but there are some thankfully very rare people who
are so stupid, and soo intractible to argument, that I sometimes feel that the only way to make them
see sense is to punch them in the face. PS is one of those. He is a stupid, dangerous, ****.

--
Trev

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>> Trevor Barton <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>>
>> > What's the name of that Pink Floyd track?
>>
>> "Several Species of Small Furry Animal Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" -
>> lots of squeeking and wailing, probably very apt in this case.
>
> Recorded live in a cave near Inverness.

Funny, that's where PS lives.

--
Trev

On 27 Jun 2003 05:35:46 -0700, contributor David E. Belcher had scribed:
> Or as they're known in parts of the Midlands, "the M54" - the surface is so bad, Dad often thinks
> the car has loose wheel nuts [1] and/or flat tyres whilst driving on it.

Sounds a bit like a section of the M74 about 20 miles south of Glasgow. Constructed using concrete
sections. Somehow avoided it last trip north by leaving the motorway for Happenden services and
remaining on the old A74 (B7078) for an extra junction - nice piece of virtually traffic free dual
carriageway, excellent for cycling!

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.