You earned it!

Bill C

Guest
Is this BS or what?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun26news

"The decision was unanimous, because we are not prepared to undergo
this orchestrated harassment," said one cyclist. The riders held a
meeting before the race, and voted to stop

What's the harrassment? That large numbers of them have been
implicated in a criminal investigation?
You ride your race, and let the chips fall where they will. This is
more "wall of silence" "support the dopers" BS. They don't want the
investigations don't leave shitloads of evidence.
This ****, especially in baseball, pisses me off. They all spout off
about dopers, but do everything they can to protect them, up to and
inluding attacking anyone who speaks out.
The MLBPA and the riders association should be working to put in place
a good system to deal with the problem.
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
> Is this BS or what?
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun26news
>
> "The decision was unanimous, because we are not prepared to undergo
> this orchestrated harassment," said one cyclist. The riders held a
> meeting before the race, and voted to stop
>
> What's the harrassment? That large numbers of them have been
> implicated in a criminal investigation?
> You ride your race, and let the chips fall where they will. This is
> more "wall of silence" "support the dopers" BS. They don't want the
> investigations don't leave shitloads of evidence.
> This ****, especially in baseball, pisses me off. They all spout off
> about dopers, but do everything they can to protect them, up to and
> inluding attacking anyone who speaks out.
> The MLBPA and the riders association should be working to put in place
> a good system to deal with the problem.
> Bill C

Hear hear. 'Glad to see we agree on something.

Bill C wrote:
> Is this BS or what?
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun26news
>
> "The decision was unanimous, because we are not prepared to undergo
> this orchestrated harassment," said one cyclist. The riders held a
> meeting before the race, and voted to stop
>
> What's the harrassment? That large numbers of them have been
> implicated in a criminal investigation?
> You ride your race, and let the chips fall where they will. This is
> more "wall of silence" "support the dopers" BS. They don't want the
> investigations don't leave shitloads of evidence.
> This ****, especially in baseball, pisses me off. They all spout off
> about dopers, but do everything they can to protect them, up to and
> inluding attacking anyone who speaks out.
> The MLBPA and the riders association should be working to put in place
> a good system to deal with the problem.
> Bill C

Can anyone explain this behaviour? Who does this hurt?

The host community, no doubt, as they have incurred all kinds of costs
to host that are not recoverable, unless they sue the riders.('Hope
they do.)

The teams? No coverage to reward their sponsors.

National federation? I expect they have some sonsors that will be
getting refunds.

All of who had nothing to do with the bust. It won't hurt government.
Maybe some fans will complain to government, but not on very good
grounds. So are these guys idiots? Maybe this shows the depth of self
delusion in the pro ranks.

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is this BS or what?
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun26news
>
> "The decision was unanimous, because we are not prepared to undergo
> this orchestrated harassment," said one cyclist. The riders held a
> meeting before the race, and voted to stop
>
> What's the harrassment? That large numbers of them have been
> implicated in a criminal investigation?
> You ride your race, and let the chips fall where they will. This is
> more "wall of silence" "support the dopers" BS. They don't want the
> investigations don't leave shitloads of evidence.
> This ****, especially in baseball, pisses me off. They all spout off
> about dopers, but do everything they can to protect them, up to and
> inluding attacking anyone who speaks out.
> The MLBPA and the riders association should be working to put in place
> a good system to deal with the problem.
> Bill C

Well stated.