You ever been skelped by a belt on your bike?

[email protected] wrote:

> You try going from People's Palace in Glasgow Green to Carmyle any day
> of the week.

Aye, but your blue and white striped cycle top and yellow safety sash
with "FTP" in large letters doesn't help.

John Hearns said the following on 11/05/2007 09:33:

> Aye, but your blue and white striped cycle top and yellow safety sash
> with "FTP" in large letters doesn't help.

And there was me thinking he must be riding with a pink tutu and a sign
saying "Victim" tied to his forehead :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

In article <[email protected]>,
BigRab
[email protected] says...

> > I think that is unfair. I think the OP lives in Glasgow, which I found
> > *horrible* in many ways as a cyclist 18 years ago.
> >
> > I suspect it's still horrible.

> No Worries Helen, I've been cycling here for the past 30 years and I
> can count on the fingers of one hand the problems I've had AND I
> commute into the West End pretty much the same way as 'Nutter' Chase
> and never seen him or his problems.

If your posting name reflects your physical stature then this might hint
at the reason you don't have significant problems. :)

In article <[email protected]>, Paul
Boyd
usenet.dont.work@plusnet says...

> And there was me thinking he must be riding with a pink tutu and a sign
> saying "Victim" tied to his forehead :)

There really is a "victim mentality", and people can sense it just as
dogs can "smell fear". The OP[1] obviously expects **** to happen,
conveys this in his behaviour/body language, and thereby invites it.

[1] Taken at face value as a social inadequate with a crappy life,
rather than as a deviant personality purposely engaging in some bizarre
form of trolling.

Rob Morley <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting

>There really is a "victim mentality", and people can sense it just as
>dogs can "smell fear". The OP[1] obviously expects **** to happen,
>conveys this in his behaviour/body language, and thereby invites it.
>

>[1] Taken at face value as a social inadequate with a crappy life,
>rather than as a deviant personality purposely engaging in some bizarre
>form of trolling.

Is he fantasising about assaulting someone himself?

--
Sue ]:(:)

Why aren't we demanding regular retests for motor drivers?
It's obvious a lot of them would fail so that'd solve the congestion problem too.

Rob Morley <[email protected]>typed

> In article <[email protected]>, Paul
> Boyd
> usenet.dont.work@plusnet says...

> > And there was me thinking he must be riding with a pink tutu and a sign
> > saying "Victim" tied to his forehead :)
> >

> There really is a "victim mentality", and people can sense it just as
> dogs can "smell fear". The OP[1] obviously expects **** to happen,
> conveys this in his behaviour/body language, and thereby invites it.

> [1] Taken at face value as a social inadequate with a crappy life,
> rather than as a deviant personality purposely engaging in some bizarre
> form of trolling.

I don't think I display 'victim mentality' type behaviour. There are
enough people who have actually met me here who could judge. I can't
help being female. I was never physically attacked but was warned this
might happen.

I stand by my statement that cycling in Glasgow was unpleasant (but my
partner doesn't enjoy cycling round here either).

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

On 13/05/2007 09:52, Helen Deborah Vecht said,

> I don't think I display 'victim mentality' type behaviour. There are
> enough people who have actually met me here who could judge. I can't
> help being female. I was never physically attacked but was warned this
> might happen.

The reference was about the OP, who most definitely does display 'victim
mentality'. You just have to look back it his past posts to see this.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Paul Boyd wrote on 13/05/2007 11:08 +0100:

> The reference was about the OP, who most definitely does display 'victim
> mentality'. You just have to look back it his past posts to see this.

I think he displays "victim fantasies" rather than a "victim mentality"

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell