You know your a bicycle maniac when...

tchak attack

Dec 3, 2004
Last year I went through a phase where I was ordering lots of bicycle stuff from ebay and the internet, bicycle pictures, posters, figurines, stamps, books, photos, LA magazines, clocks...etc. I live in a highrise building, so a couple times a week I would be picking up a new package. The operator of the recieving room was a heavy accented Korean gentelman he was very talkative and freindly after picking up a few packages I started to open them up in front of him upon his curiosity and request. They were all bicycle related "stuff" he would also see me throught the week leaving the building on my bike gouing on a ride and once he said to me ... ":George yooo a bicyle maniac" I smiled and took that as a great compliment!
And there was a time this past summer when it was raining hard and I went out on a 12 mile ride. When I was coming into my building, soaking wet a building resident said to me "you got caught in the rain" I smiled and PROUDLY said "no I went out in the rain!"
And the true sign that I am a bicycle maniac is when I broke up with one of my girlfreinds one of the things she said to me at the end was "you love your bike more than you love me!"

im on the same page with this guy.............you have to take what you can get and my bike is the only decent workout i have had in a while:eek:

Both can be a great ride and excercise ,but a bike can also be transportation.

i sold my klein hardtail this weekend and had a really hard time when my brother-in-law picked it up. weird.

Not so much bicycles in general but Trek Y bikes...after buying one because it's what I always wanted (once they became affordable on Ebay) I liked it so much I bought another...and another...and another...and of course I can't resist the Trek accessories and clothing to go with my surrogate children. Chances are any odd spare space in my house has a Trek Y bike jammed in it!

why would you need more than two? i can see one extra for parts. but more than that? the money could be spent on some expense european bibs or something. :cool:

cheapie said:
why would you need more than two? i can see one extra for parts. but more than that? the money could be spent on some expense european bibs or something. :cool:
They're all different models and ride different to each other...I've got the beat up Y22 as a bush basher and my Y33 as high performance long distance bike. The Y5 and YSL200 really need to be stored in a glass case so I can just sit and admire them...they're too good to ride.

mds2076 said:
They're all different models and ride different to each other...I've got the beat up Y22 as a bush basher and my Y33 as high performance long distance bike. The Y5 and YSL200 really need to be stored in a glass case so I can just sit and admire them...they're too good to ride.

and you need to your wife/gf on a pedestal for letting you have so many of the same bike. :p

Good one. Well some people get preoccupied with things. i don't think anyone loves and object more than a person but sometimes it seems that way. Usually people feel that way when they need a lot of attention.

Well, I went through my own personal hardcore bicycle obsession during my high school years. If I remember correctly, I went through a period of around 18 months when all I cared about was bikes. However, I broke out of that and returned to being a normal school kid, and partook in other activities. I still loved bikes, but without taking them that seriously.

You know you're a bike moron when:
You spend your life dredging up old, dead threads and sock puppet reply to them.