You know you're big-time when....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan Connelly, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    ... race promoters change the course to please you:

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb12news2 Lance Armstrong will make his
    season debut next week at the Volta ao Algarve in Portugal (February 18-22). The organisers,
    impressed with the presence of the five time Tour de France winner, have even changed the race plan
    to include a time trial.

    "It wasn't an imposition by us, as we would have gone anyway," said United States Postal Service
    Presented by Berry Floor Supported by Advanced Micro Devices "World's Highest Density NOR Flash"
    Cycling Team team director Johan Bruyneel to Marca. "But I said to the organisers that we were
    interested in doing a test and they agreed to put in a time trial, which we are grateful for (sic)."

    Dan

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

  3. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> writes:

    > "Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Seems to be a trend this year ....
    >>
    >> ..... ''We had a course laid out and then got on a conference call with
    >> Lance, his trainer and manager,'' Holm said. ''He gave us good feedback
    > and
    >> we designed a better course.'' .....
    >>
    >> http://onlineathens.com/stories/021004/spo_20040210005.shtml
    >
    > Interesting article--I didn't know that LeMond was a two time winner of the Tour de France.

    Yeah man!!

    The other time he stole it from Thierry Marie....
    --
    le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  4. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

  5. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Seems to be a trend this year ....
    > >
    > > ..... ''We had a course laid out and then got on a conference call with
    > > Lance, his trainer and manager,'' Holm said. ''He gave us good feedback
    > and
    > > we designed a better course.'' .....
    > >
    > > http://onlineathens.com/stories/021004/spo_20040210005.shtml
    >
    > Interesting article--I didn't know that LeMond was a two time winner of
    the
    > Tour de France.

    He virtually lost in 1989

    James