You know you're fit when....

G

Your cycling buddies keep asking if you are in a rush

You can do a long steady distance ride without changing out of your big chain ring

You swear that the hills aren't as steep as they once were

You need to find a hill to get your heart rate into double figures

Any more...?

• Your cycling buddies come up with all types of excuses not to go training with you
  • You nearly end up in divorce for sabotaging your wifes bike so she can only use the big chain ring and smallest sprocket in order for her to cycle faster on the flats
  • You climb to the top of a hill, rush back down and try and climb to the top again before your training buddies finish the climb. [try it, it really p*sses people off!]

• Your cycling buddies come up with all types of excuses not to go training with you
  • You nearly end up in divorce for sabotaging your wifes bike so she can only use the big chain ring and smallest sprocket in order for her to cycle faster on the flats
  • You climb to the top of a hill, rush back down and try and climb to the top again before your training buddies finish the climb. [try it, it really p*sses people off!]

uhmmm...... welll...... I kinda get points one and three quite often. oops.

Point 2, well I bought the g/f a bike and got her cycling, so that one step closer to point 2. :D

you know you're fit when
  • all your buddies use your slip stream when riding into the wind
  • you climb a hill and your heart rate doesnt climb higher than 80% max
  • you feel uneasy if there is no pain coming from at leaswt one of your leg muscles

• • You sit at the front of the bunch for 20kms chasing the break group in the Hyper to Hyper
    • You ride the 58km distance in the Nola with your novice friend and end up physically pushing some mother's 10yo son the last 30kms uphill into the wind 10 minutes faster than she can ride  ;D
    • You do one of those 5FM Energade Triathlon's for fun and end up with everyone slipstreaming you on the bike leg
    • On a club ride you allow the club to gain at least 500m before a 6km climb and then easily overtake them ending up 300m ahead

• When your average heart rate is about 100bpm after what your friends would call a hard group ride ;D
  • You go out and do a lazy 100 after this 'hard' ride
  • you think everyone in your club is soft

cheers

you eat more in one day than a small family
So true ;D

• you walk up a flight of stairs as if they weren't there 8)
• you feel agitated on your rest day because you feel lazy

You do a serious mountain pass....and feel disappointed when a trickle of sweat appears on your face

You're really fit when you've also got the stamina to pass all that food you ate ;D

"Or more than a third world country hehe "

Hey! I'm from a third world country!

Here's my take:

You know you're fit when...you notice your gorgeuos leg mucles everytime you squat to take a dump!

When you can choose the intensity you wish to ride a hill from:
exceptionally easy
very easy
easy
medium easy
medium
medium hard
quite hard
hard
very hard
maxing out

when you have more leg definition than Jan Ullrich

You know you're really fit when spotting veins the size of oil pipes on your calves isn't a novelty anymore

You know you're really fit when spotting veins the size of oil pipes on your calves isn't a novelty anymore
You've obviously seen my legs then :D

umm, Sean, reynhardt's not talking about varicose veins here!

mmwaahahahaha ;D ;D ;D :p

Just call me spaghetti legs  ;D  :eek:
http://www.mypad.co.za/sean/images/general/leg1.jpg

And please don't ask why this pic was taken... it's a very very very long story...

Yeah, the mozzies all line up and then I squeeze the muscle and watch them explode ;D

Actually mosquito's are always after me even before I was a cyclist. My family loved me as long as I was in the room.

You feel so good after the 94.7 you ride it again with your team mates

Know this is a late reply, but that was a rather interesting piece of info there. Don't suppose one could hire you to keep the unwanted, useless pests away. At least they aren't as bad here (Pta) as in Dbn. ;)

Yeah, the mozzies all line up and then I squeeze the muscle and watch them explode  ;D

Actually mosquito's are always after me even before I was a cyclist. My family loved me as long as I was in the room.[/quote]

...you do a lap of honour on the Champs Elyssée in Paris after finishing the Tour de France.