You might be a redneck if...

Doug Taylor

Guest
....you have an irresistible urge to honk the horn of your pick-up and
swear at cyclists who are traveling in the opposite direction, on the
other side of the road, and cannot possibly be "in your way."

Seriously, what is it with cyclist-phobics?

Are they really too ignorant to understand that cyclists have a legal
right to share roads with autos?

Are they really too inept to keep their autos within the lines
(between the center and the shoulder )?

Are they really such uptight a-holes that they are unable to wait a
few seconds if there are no shoulders and it might be inconvenient to
get around a cyclist or group thereof this friggin' INSTANT?

Are they jealous because they are fat, lazy and stupid and cyclists
are fit, strong, and be-yoo-tee-full?

Help me out.

"Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ...you have an irresistible urge to honk the horn of your pick-up and
> swear at cyclists who are traveling in the opposite direction, on the
> other side of the road, and cannot possibly be "in your way."
>
> Seriously, what is it with cyclist-phobics?
>
> Are they really too ignorant to understand that cyclists have a legal
> right to share roads with autos?
>
> Are they really too inept to keep their autos within the lines
> (between the center and the shoulder )?
>
> Are they really such uptight a-holes that they are unable to wait a
> few seconds if there are no shoulders and it might be inconvenient to
> get around a cyclist or group thereof this friggin' INSTANT?
>
> Are they jealous because they are fat, lazy and stupid and cyclists
> are fit, strong, and be-yoo-tee-full?
>
> Help me out.

here's your sign buddy I know what you mean. Foxworthy : )

Doug Taylor wrote:
:: Seriously, what is it with cyclist-phobics?

See below.

::
:: Are they really too ignorant to understand that cyclists have a legal
:: right to share roads with autos?
::

Yes.

::
:: Are they really such uptight a-holes that they are unable to wait a
:: few seconds if there are no shoulders and it might be inconvenient to
:: get around a cyclist or group thereof this friggin' INSTANT?

Yes.

::
:: Are they jealous because they are fat, lazy and stupid and cyclists
:: are fit, strong, and be-yoo-tee-full?
::

Yes.

:: Help me out.

I did.

On May 6, 12:33 pm, Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
> ...you have an irresistible urge to honk the horn of your pick-up and
> swear at cyclists who are traveling in the opposite direction, on the
> other side of the road, and cannot possibly be "in your way."
>
> Seriously, what is it with cyclist-phobics?
>
> Are they really too ignorant to understand that cyclists have a legal
> right to share roads with autos?
>
> Are they really too inept to keep their autos within the lines
> (between the center and the shoulder )?
>
> Are they really such uptight a-holes that they are unable to wait a
> few seconds if there are no shoulders and it might be inconvenient to
> get around a cyclist or group thereof this friggin' INSTANT?
>
> Are they jealous because they are fat, lazy and stupid and cyclists
> are fit, strong, and be-yoo-tee-full?
>
> Help me out.

Sounds to me like you have it down pat. Never overestimate a Redneck.

Austin

> Sounds to me like you have it down pat. Never overestimate a Redneck.
>
> Austin

Hey. Would appreciate it if you wouldn't take my name in vain.

Pat

In article <[email protected]>,
Doug Taylor <[email protected]> writes:
> ...you have an irresistible urge to honk the horn of your pick-up and
> swear at cyclists who are traveling in the opposite direction, on the
> other side of the road, and cannot possibly be "in your way."
>
> Seriously, what is it with cyclist-phobics?
>
> Are they really too ignorant to understand that cyclists have a legal
> right to share roads with autos?
>
> Are they really too inept to keep their autos within the lines
> (between the center and the shoulder )?
>
> Are they really such uptight a-holes that they are unable to wait a
> few seconds if there are no shoulders and it might be inconvenient to
> get around a cyclist or group thereof this friggin' INSTANT?
>
> Are they jealous because they are fat, lazy and stupid and cyclists
> are fit, strong, and be-yoo-tee-full?
>
> Help me out.

We've just gotta take people as they come.
It takes all kinds, and we're all stuck with
each other. Gotta make the best of it.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Tom Keats wrote:

> We've just gotta take people as they come.
> It takes all kinds, and we're all stuck with
> each other. Gotta make the best of it.

FWIW, I've gotten the "drive-by woohoo!" yell a number of times, and it
usually is punk kids. Not exactly rednecks.

As long as they don't endanger me (close pass, arms out, items thrown,
etc.), I just laugh it off. Fun part comes if I can catch up to them; I
usually just stare at 'em expressionlessly while they avoid eye contact...or
we exchange little greetings (friendly ones).

I have conversations with drivers and/or passengers now and then, too.
Always good to build good will and mutual respect.

I have to wonder about people who seem to always have contentious "episodes"
with drivers, cops, etc. Guess who's the common denominator?!? LOL

BS (laugh 'n scratch)