You were right - I was wrong....

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
Wurm, Darky et al - I apologise unreservedly for my somewhat non anti Bush comments. The anti Bush movement has obviously caught the attention of intelligent, hard working, responsible americans so who am I to oppose? See below....

:D :D :D :D

USA
Dope and nudity at 9/11 peace rally
Glenn Chapman
Mon, 12 Sep 2005
Debbie Moore danced nude with thousands of undulating anti-war protesters during a marijuana mellowed "Power to the Peaceful" festival on the eve of the September 11 attacks.

Dreadlocks and Birkenstocks along with stilt walkers and pot brownie hawkers were rife in the throng that packed a meadow in Golden Gate Park on Saturday for a combined outdoor concert and anti-establishment demonstration.

'Bring them home now'

The official theme of the event was "Bring them home now," a reference to the US soldiers in Iraq.

The unofficial proclamation on signs on T-shirts and signs was "The world can't wait - Drive out the Bush regime."

"We are all the **** we are doing to the planet," Simone Rivers said after she spontaneously stripped to dance with 55-year-old Moore.

The women were joined by three others in a dancing, naked rejection of President George Bush, corporate gluttony and US warfare.

"I'm trying to fight the oppression. I'm all about balance of the flesh," the 24-year-old woman continued. "The rivers, the trees, men and women...balance in everything."

Moore smiled as she moved her body in rhythm to live reggae music with lyrics calling fighter jets "homicide machines."

"I'm an outside agitator," the Berkeley woman whispered with a grin as her newfound friends gyrated wildly the longer they were naked. "I try to instigate as much as possible."

Moore founded a nude protest group called "xplicitplayers" after the first Gulf War.

20 000 at festival

Police estimated the crowd getting baked in the sun at totalling nearly 20 000 people and said "there was no trouble; never is" at the annual peace festival.

Just inside the entrance of the event a woman puffing a marijuana cigarette bounced an inflated plastic globe beach ball back to a pair of young boys.

On a nearby fence was a "Wanted" poster featuring mug shots Bush and top advisors, and accusing them of mass murder.

T-shirts bearing the words "resist or die" were being sold from booths as activists urged people to take part in a nationwide day of rebellion on November 2, the anniversary of Bush getting elected president.

"We are reaching out to everyone, even the red states," said Zara Williams, who said activists are mobilising people to walk off jobs or out of school and into the streets that day in opposition to Bush and his policies.

Hurricane Katrina disaster

Interest in bashing Bush has leapt because of the federal government's inept response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster, according to Williams.

"There has been a big difference since Katrina," Williams said.

Aryk Yorba and his buddy Wyatt Manjarrez, both 10 years old," were so convinced Bush was "a bloody monster" that they converted a carton into a cartoon creature.

The boys "took turns driving" as they shuffled through the crowd covered by a box-turned-beast decorated with faux fangs, mock mane and the words "Bush is a freakazoid."

'We just hate Bush really bad'

"We just hate Bush really bad," the boys told AFP through a peep hole. "My uncle, my dad...most of our families might get sent to war because of Bush."

The lads headed toward a spot where women spun hula hoops with their hips while dancing to house music.

Coming the other way was a man carrying a sign bearing a quote from American Indian chief Sitting Bull.

It read "Let us put our minds together and see what life we can make for our children."

Members of the Urban Alliance for Sustainability underscored the point in a banner that asked "If not us, who?" and "If not now, when?".

AFP

eldo,
it reminds me of the benefit concerts for the save the rainforest alliance the
Grateful Dead put on a few yrs back.
upon being interviewed, an ever eloquent jerry garcia laid out the facts and stats about rainforest decimation, and summed it up thus:
"so it's obvious something needs to be done,
the pathetic thing is it has to be us".

I found this not demeaning, but humorous in the self-deprecating sense.

"once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Eldron said:
Wurm, Darky et al - I apologise unreservedly for my somewhat non anti Bush comments. The anti Bush movement has obviously caught the attention of intelligent, hard working, responsible americans so who am I to oppose? See below....

:D :D :D :D

USA

Members of the Urban Alliance for Sustainability underscored the point in a banner that asked "If not us, who?" and "If not now, when?".

AFP

Eldron said:
That may not be the best way to convert the Red-Staters. Maybe a tailgate party at a NASCAR race or monster truck show, w. free Busch beer and chili dogs? Entertainment by a naked & girating Clint Black or Toby Keith...