Your 2010/current power profile metrics...

DancenMacabre

Jul 17, 2009
I would be curious to read and see the power profiles of many of the regulars here as well as newer folks. I've seen archived FTP threads but FTP is just one of several metrics that play a role in racing and riding. Seeing all 4 plus a few other morsels of information would be interesting.

So how about this as a format:

Power profile circa 03/2010
5s - ##
1m - ##
5m - ##
60m - ##
Racing category: Pro, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Rider type or what you consider your strength: e.g., (sprinter, all-arounder, TT'er, climber, sandbagger, etc :cool: )

Come on, DM - you know better than that...In order to get some info, you gotta give up some info too...

You show me yours, I'll show you mine...:D

tonyzackery said:
Come on, DM - you know better than that...In order to get some info, you gotta give up some info too...

You show me yours, I'll show you mine...:D

Ha ha Tony. I see the sharks want some chum tossed before they post their numbers ;)

How about some bold posters sharing the details of their profile? It is after all a profile thread not an FTP one so there's room to highlight a multitude of strengths per individual. Though a bit dodgy perhaps, it might be a way of seeing what category or level people race in as compared to what their metrics suggest they would. IOW, are you a group ride king/queen, race day lemon or a training slacker who gets results when it matters?

Bueler ? Bueler ? Bueler ? ..... Anyone ? Anyone ?

ferris-buellers-day-off-ben-stein.png

I guess this is a good way to introduce myself. I am new to these forums and racing in general. don't know what these values mean but wouldn't mind anyone telling me i need to rethink my training strategy to actually compete.

5s - 1200
1m - 497
5m - 310
20m - 268
60m - 240
some extra info:
190 lbs and 6'3"
I am a first year cat5 and have no idea what i am good at yet.

There's our Bueller, er, volunteer :)

Gauntlet has been thrown, officially, so who's next?

Orodent - As far as your training, what you are good at, etc etc - if you put together a thread including your current training routine, goals, background, and other relevant details, then I bet you'll get some decent feedback.

DancenMacabre said:
There's our Bueller, er, volunteer :)

Gauntlet has been thrown, officially, so who's next?

Orodent - As far as your training, what you are good at, etc etc - if you put together a thread including your current training routine, goals, background, and other relevant details, then I bet you'll get some decent feedback.

Whatcha' hidin', DM? Why you playin' your cards so close to the vest?? Really got me wonderin' now:confused:...:D

OK I'll bite while you two squabble. I don't test very often so these are from my MMP curve from recent training (so I could probably lift them a hair in an all out effort):

5s - 1250
1m - 640
5m - 390
20m - 320
60m - 300

I'm 6'0", 80kgs, 41yrs, male.

orodent said:
I am a first year cat5 and have no idea what i am good at yet.
Looks like sprinting to me (for now anyway).

I'm posting mine with the tacit understanding that DM will post hers in return... come on, we live on different continents so there's no way we'll ever meet in a race! :D Plus I almost never get to see other women's data as there just aren't enough of them racing and also interested in power geek stuff.

5s - 720w
1m - 400w
5m - 295w
20m - 255w
60m - 226 w (still never done a good 60-min effort but my FTP in WKO these days is ~235w based on other data)
Racing category: 2W
Rider type or what you consider your strength: all-arounder

Currently 53kg, a couple above where I'd like to be. (Nearly) 36-year-old female.

I hardly ever do any testing so 1m, 5m, 20m are taken from last year's numbers + educated guess from recent data as to what I can do.

Again, the problem is with testing, I do ~55 minute and ~6-7 minute tests, but virtually never do 1minute tests, in fact my all time best 1minute is still from a mis-paced 2.5 minute effort and whilst mis-paced I didn't fade that much, but still, from the MMP:

5s - 1300
1m - 625
5m - 434
20m - 350
60m - 315

on 60, I've done higher normalized powers often and it and the 20 tests are always done on rolling courses with an IF of 1.05+ i.e. 340 NP for the 315 1 hr. I'm 74kg / 163lbs and 6'.

I'm a UK cat 3 rider (1 level up from the lowest cat, 4th rank from the top, we have Elites above cat 1's) and am about average in the field. I can generally stay with the bunch, but will lose big time in a sprint and will lose touch on any tough ~5minute section. Overall my longer duration fitness is what keeps me around, so my only real chance is being allowed in the right break. Not scored a single point since becoming a 3rd cat.

Nobody racing in The Netherlands, right? Well allright then:

5s - 1139
1m - 520
5m - 345
20m - 298
60m - 284

81 kg and 1.95 m. Totally not a sprinter, more the attacking type. Trying to get the 1-3 minutes watts up to increase my winning chances.
In a month or two, the figures should have improved: the winter was snowy and cold, so the training was kinda absent for too long.

Smaryka - you know, whenever someone says tacit understanding, I can't help but rub my hands together anticipating some clever ploy ;) I think my data will be instructive in showing you just how incredibly fit you are :p

5s: 925
1m: 450
5m: 275
60m: 216 (*about 5% higher @ sea level)
Racing cat: 4
weight: 63-64 kg
Strengths/Rider type: Unbeatable when it comes to pedalling at 15mph. Otherwise, boring all-arounder who enjoys sprinting because I prefer 20 seconds of pain over 20 minutes..
training experience: 1st year

Wow, we got some really strong guys/gals up in here.

All of this profile talk is ramping me up to do some of my own tests, eventhough it will be a joke to post them in the same area code as all of you :eek:...... :D

Whoa, some good numbers here...

5s: 1188
1Min: 445
5Min: 358
20Min: 278
60Min: 255

66KG/45Years Old/Masters 35+

Power profile circa 03/2010 (using only this season's data)
5s - 936
1m - 497
5m - 440
20m - 350
60m - 317

Racing category: MTB/1 , Road/3
Stats: weight = 80kg, FTP ~ 336 watts
Rider type: definitely not a sprinter, more a long-distance mountain biker with a decent attack who can hang on the steady climbs.

Most of my riding is at 5-9k ft above sea level for what its worth. I only really test at the 5 min to 45 minute range so anything above or below is probably just the some random sub-maximal effort from this season.

I'll bite

5s: 1478 - 22.63 w/kg
1Min: 570 - 8.97 w/kg
5Min: 301 - 4.74 w/kg
20Min: 264 - 4.16 w/kg
FTP: 250 - 3.94 w/kg

Weight: 65.3 kg (144 lb)
Category: SM4

It's my first year racing, so I'm hoping to upgrade to the 3's fairly soon!

James

hammonjj said:
I'll bite

5s: 1478 - 22.63 w/kg
1Min: 570 - 8.97 w/kg
5Min: 301 - 4.74 w/kg
20Min: 264 - 4.16 w/kg
FTP: 250 - 3.94 w/kg

Weight: 65.3 kg (144 lb)
Category: SM4

It's my first year racing, so I'm hoping to upgrade to the 3's fairly soon!

James
Pretty sure that won't take long :p Nice numbers! Particularly 5sec and 1min. In fact, I think you should just attack the bunch with 1km to go and hang on, you should cruise to a win no problem...

smaryka said:
Pretty sure that won't take long :p Nice numbers! Particularly 5sec and 1min. In fact, I think you should just attack the bunch with 1km to go and hang on, you should cruise to a win no problem...

Really? I'd never thought about attacking from 1 km out. Maybe I'll have to try this at tomorrow's crit.