Your 'bent...buy it again?

Sbtypesetter

Guest
I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?

I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.

I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the ultimate
in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand for
something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through a
parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.

Your suggestions? -Rick

Originally posted by Sbtypesetter
I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?

I'll bite on the answer. Lets see, you want speed, don't go off road, comfortable seat. The answer is, Rotator, either the Pursuit or the Tiger.
54 speed gearing for the hills, the Pursuit is low, fast, and long. Love mine. Super comfortable mesh seat that is multi adjustable for angle/recline.
Go to www.rotatorrecumbent.com for more info.
Bruce

"Sbtypesetter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?

I have 2, a Vision R-50 and now rode an Optima Baron low rider

Vision likes Comfortable Excellent for a long tour Accessories that don't cost an arm and a leg and
aren't hard to find Suspension

dislikes Not fast I would have liked more direct steering instead of the tiller Semi expensive
($1,600) Heavy

Baron likes Damn fast Comfortable (not quite as good as the Vision but real close) Damn fast Disc
brakes Soon to have a tail fairing which would make it damn faster

dislikes Hard to mount stuff Hard to find stuff to mount Chain keeps coming off the front idler,
I'll get rid of that some day Handlebars are never straight (Baron riders will understand that one)
Expensive ($2,900)

> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.

I wouldn't worry about the parade, that always happens and most people here have had several bents
over the years. I love the Baron but am damn glad I got the Vision first since I got my "bent" legs
with it, I'm sure no matter what I own something better will come along in the future.

Sbtypesetter <[email protected]> wrote:
: I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
: given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?

http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/viper.html

One should always look for options, so many good ones out there
:) If I could afford it I'd get a more expensive trike...

: I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
: decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.

Something easily climbing, stable at high speeds then... as secondary requirements...

: I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
: ultimate in road machines, so

So are you this time looking for something different or something similar, but better?

: I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand for something I won't like when
: I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through a parade of bikes until finding
: one I like.

Just don't spend $5000 on a bike you won't like. Do research and think over it, buy it, and then
prepare to get the next cool bike in maybe 3 years or so. You don't need the latest, high-end carbon
bent to experience what benting is. Unless, you just need to get a carbon frame... ;-)

: Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.

The fast recumbents can be very comfortable. I like to lie way back :) As you are never off the
road a bent can be a good choice for you...

: Your suggestions? -Rick

Well this is still much too generic to suggest about anything ;)

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/

Rick

In a fit of stupidity I sold my V-Rex last June. Currently I have a 98 RANS Tailwind, 80's something
Tour Easy, 02 Gold Rush and a 03 Fold Rush. All LWB's. All three of the Easy Racer bikes are awesome
cruisers. The most comfortable, hands down, is the 80's Tour Easy. While its slower than any of my
other bikes I can ride it all day long. The geometry of this bike fits me like a glove. The GRR with
a fairing and body sock is just plain fast and comfortable too. The Fold Rush (my wife also has one)
was purchased for airline travel. It is also a truly comfortable bike, especially with the built in
rear elastomer.

But I miss my V-Rex. I'm very luck to have Calhoun Cycle only 5 miles from where my mother lives.
I've ridden bikes from Bachetta (didn't like tweenner bars, laid back seating, or the higher bottom
bracket), Lightning (didn't like handle bars, seat was wrong for me), Rotator (bikes look crude),
Vision (almost bought an R54, but now out of business), and Haluzak (you better have long legs or a
16" front wheel), plus many others. The V-Rex, for me, is just about the perfect bike.

Would I buy a V-Rex again? Last week I purchased a new 03 V-Rex from Calhoun Cycle. It's currently
at a frame builder having S & S couplers installed so it will fit in an S & S airline legal
suitcase. I will also be putting on a 155mm TA crankset with 20-34-46 chainrings that will drive a
13-34 cogset. I'll have a 15.3 gear inch low for hauling my fully loaded Rex up the Austrian
mountains this summer. I've ridden enough bikes to know that this will be my travel bike for a
long time.

Should you buy a V-Rex? Probably not. There are a lot of fine bikes out there. There is no way you
will buy the right bent at the first purchase. Dream on! Most bents have an amazing resale value. I
tell my friends to buy a used bent to begin with, then figure out what you really want in a bike,
and then, if your lucky, the fourth or fifth bike you buy will be a keeper.

Good Luck,

Perry B

PS When the snow melts and I can get the Fold Rush out of storage it will be for sale.

"Sbtypesetter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040220120912.02049.00000033@mb-
m19.aol.com...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?
>
> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.
>
> Your suggestions? -Rick

To me the most important factor is the size of your "engine" If you don't cruise over 18 MPH or so
on an upright, much of the aerodynamic advantages of a low slung bent won't get realized.

For example, I did a little over 20 MPH on my racing upright. I did 21 on my pretty racy Lightning
knock-off. I do 22 on my M5 Shockproof.

"Sbtypesetter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040220120912.02049.00000033@mb-
m19.aol.com...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?
>
> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.
>
> Your suggestions? -Rick

My first recumbent was a 24" (520) Vision Saber - 2001 model R64. I would buy it again, except that
the wheel size was only used for one year. So, since Vision is selling their remaining stock at
really good prices, I now also own a 2003 Saber (650C). Higher and faster, and, new. Here in
Portland, we have all of the conditions you have described, plus really strong east winds from the
Columbia Gorge every now and then.

If you like your road bike, you should try out a SWB recumbent. I was riding a Serotta until my
shoulder changed my bike type. The LBS mechanic / salesman started my out on a V-Rex, and kept
having me try a more expensive and higher performance bike each time I returned to the shop after a
test ride. By the time I got to the Saber, I had greatly improved my recumbent skills. I recognized
the Saber as the best bike in handling and overall road feel that I had ridden, and promptly went
home and asked my wife if I could buy it. The rest is history.

So, Vision is going out of business, you might still pick up a good bike at a good price. If that
doesn't work, try riding a Bachetta. Those bikes have a lot of the same physical characteristics of
the Saber. Until you have ridden the bike, though, it is best not to make a decision.

Good Luck,

Tim Storey

--
m19.aol.com...

[email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?
>
> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.
>
> Your suggestions? -Rick

I also live in the foothills of the Cascades (the western side) and considering the terrain that you
are likely to ride in, and coming from a DF experience, I think you should focus on several of the
bents best known for their climbing abilities. While others may dispute this list here would be my
top favorites; Bacchetta Aero ($3900)and the more affordable versions.... Corsa & Strada, George
Reynolds T-Bone, and the Lightning P38. The Bacchetta line was designed with cross over riders in
mind allthough all of these bikes are great climbers.

Pat Mc

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... [...]
> Would I buy a V-Rex again? Last week I purchased a new 03 V-Rex from Calhoun Cycle. It's currently
> at a frame builder having S & S couplers installed so it will fit in an S & S airline legal
> suitcase. I will also be putting on a 155mm TA crankset with 20-34-46 chainrings that will drive a
> 13-34 cogset. I'll have a 15.3 gear inch low for hauling my fully loaded Rex up the Austrian
> mountains this summer. I've ridden enough bikes to know that this will be my travel bike for a
> long time.

Perry, I have ridden the V-Rex only briefly and some of the other SWB also only briefly, but I do
think the V-Rex is about as good as a SWB ever gets. Like you, I like LWB most of the time, but SWB
always seems to climb better than LWB. If I had to settle on one SWB it would be the V-Rex.

[...]

> PS When the snow melts and I can get the Fold Rush out of storage it will be for sale.

The main problem I have always had with LWB is the transportation issue. Let me know when your Fold
Rush is for sale as I might be interested if the price is right. ;)

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I love my Barcroft Dakota. It's my first 'bent and have ridden it around 3000 mi. It's a SWB, but
the wheel base is longer than a DF bike. It is relatively light and very comfortable, but you have
to like a relatively high bottom bracket and laid back position. The laid back position puts weight
on your back so recumbent butt is not a problem. As to hill climbing--no problem. After only 2
months back on the bike after nearly 4 months off (broke my ankle) I still had no problem climbing
the 10% grade of Franconia Notch in NH. Neither did I have any problem climbing the Kancamagus
Highway in NH, 18 mi. up with a section of 8-9% grade. I do not climb as fast as on a DF, but am far
more comfortable. My overall speed is comparable because I spend little time off the bike. I often
make 60 mi. non stop with camel back and 2 waterbottles on this 'bent. I only stop because I'm out
of water or nature calls, or if I want to be sociable. I'm only good for 30 or 40 on a DF because my
body needs a break. The Rans seat is heavy but comfortable. I need no bag or carrier even for
centuries. I store tools, pump, jacket, pants, and camelback all in between the mesh that forms the
seat. I use zippable pencil holders to hold the small stuff. I feel the stuff in my back, but it
doesn't bother me. If you really want comfort, you can get front suspension, but you don't need it--
the long stays in the rear give a lot of passive suspension. Handling is very good, but don't expect
to turn high speed corners as fast as on a DF. Incidentally, I used to race also, but that was 30
years ago. I am 51 yr. and about 20 lb. overweight.

There are 2 negatives. It's only available through Bill Cook, the builder/designer, in Falls Church,
VA (not through bicycle shops) and some people have trouble riding short wheel base bikes with high
bottom brackets--my wife is one of these. Bill Cook is a very nice man and a pleasure to deal with.
If you have specific wheel, tire, equipment, paint color, or other requests, he will accommodate
you. He may be able to tell you if there is someone near you who has one of his bikes. Here is the
website: http://www.barcroftcycles.com

If you want something a little lower and maybe a little faster, try the Virginia GT. It can't take
wide tires or a suspension fork.

Don't forget to try some 'bents before you make a decision. I have seen many women who are loved by
their husbands, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with them. Well, you get the point.

"Sbtypesetter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040220120912.02049.00000033@mb-
m19.aol.com...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?
>
> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.
>
> Your suggestions? -Rick

I'm still on my first bent, a RANS Stratus. I'm delighted with riding
it. I can ride it all day long without discomfort. I decided to go bent when I realized that 40
miles was my practical limit on my wedgie, and that wasn't because the legs and lungs couldn't
do it. I rode my first century on my Stratus last year. The RANS seat and low bottom bracket
are ideal for me, and the tiller steering isn't a problem. If I had to quibble, I suppose I
wish I'd gotten an XL - I don't have particularly long legs, but I do have an

seat and the pedals. The one complaint I have, which would apply equally to any LWB bike, is how
hard it is go get around on a car. They're huge. I drive a Passat station wagon, and fitting my
Stratus in the back of it isn't even a convincing pipe dream. I bought a tendem roof rack, and now I
have to remove the front wheel, the fairing and the seat. It takes me close to 40 minutes to
assemble that all each time I go riding, which is a very irritating waste of time. Most of the
people I know who have LWB bikes and ride them much have gigantic vans, so they can just take off
the front wheel and attach the bike to a permanent fixture in the back of the van. The expensive
solution might be a trailer, but that practical meaning of that is an extra stall in the garage. My
suggestion to you is to try a V-squared. I'm a huge fan of the RANS seat and overall quality, and if
you're into speed it has it. But, like everyone else, I can't emphasize enough two things: try the
bikes yourself (we're all different), and remember everything has trade-offs. -Dave

[email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?
>
> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.
>
> Your suggestions?

Rick,

A little long winded here. Excusa me.

Two Part Answer: (1) Would I buy my bent again (2) Suggestions for someone who wants: Comfort.
Speed. Never Off Road. (One thing you didnt say: Flat, rolling or hilly terrain where you live?)

(1) Would I buy my bent again?

Quick background: When I bought mine in early 1999 the selections and the LBS that carried
recumbents were few and far between. I did most of my research on the net by reading and emailing. I
wanted: Best performance for the buck. Quality. Manufacture reputation. And "transportability".

Because of the transportability issues such as the bike must fit on a normal car rack and fit
inside a hatchback for security, led me to SWB's. Even without that I just liked the way SWB's
looked when compared to CLWB's or LWB's. Nothing technical: Just my preference. That narrowed the
field to ONLY SWB's.

Three of the best were: RANS V-REX, Lighting P-38 or Stealth and Vision models. I didn't want to
mess with boom adjustment, chain length, etc for "fit" so I eliminated Lightning. Everyone I spoke
to rated RANS and Vision highly. Close call but I ended up with a V-REX.

Would I buy it again: Without a doubt. It has excellent performance, quality components, easy seat
adjustments, manfucaturer support, etc. Simply, I love this bent.

Would I buy it again given what's on the market?: Probably yes, as a first bike. Not knowing
anything else the HIGH bottom brackets might scare me off.

Would I buy it again knowing what's out there now and knowing what kind of rider I am? I'm sorry to
say: No. I'd buy a Bacchetta. Matter of fact, I just did. A Strada But the V-REX won't go away. :eek:)
Can't end a love affair.

About the SWB, CLWB & LWB choice. I have some bent friends who love their fully socked LWB for
speed. Either the TE or GRR.

(2) What's for you given you want comfort, high speed, and you're never off road?

High Racers: Bacchetta, Volae, RANS Force 5. Plus, the dual 26" wheels mean only one tire and tube
size. Plus, I believe you will be accepted "more readily" into pace lines.

Low Racers: Reynolds, umm Speed Machine ? (Out of my element here). If you want to pace line with
these, you're going to have to be polite and ask if you tag along at the back. They won't be able to
draft off you. DF's can't draft off my V-REX, but they can off the Strada.

Small side "proof of the SPEED pudding" story. I rode my Strada for the 2nd time today. The first
was a 186 mile brevet, so speed wasn't in the cards. Today was a metric and I wanted to see what
I could do.

I'm a slow rider. On my V-REX, I'll do a metric going as best I can with an average of about 14.5 to
15.5. Tops. I've never hit an average of 16 on a ride over 50 miles.

Today I averaged 17.5 for the 63 mile course. The 17.5 is about a 15% increase. Hard to believe I
know. More funner, was that I was able to hop on pace lines and keep a speed of 20 to 25 mph with
the draft and I didn't feel like I was going to blow up doing it. With a High Racer, I do think
you're easily accepted in a pace line. I was feeling so good, that I jumped to the front and did my
pull at 20 to 21 mph for about 4 to 5 miles.

Again, I'm speaking from my bent point of view. The Bacchetta mesh seat is incredibly comfortable.
I'd rate it just or more comfortable than the RANS seat, which has been the industry standard for
ages. Also, the Bacchetta Strada with the 26" dual wheels does smooth out the ride. I felt like I
was gliding the whole day.

So for speed and comfort, I don't think you can go wrong with a Bacchetta and being fair, trying the
Volae or Force 5 models. Oh, and they climb better too. Right now I have limited experience going
over bridges here in Florida, but I can tell you I flew up them, whereas I know I wouldn't on my
other bent.

Happy Hunting. Ride as many as you can before you make your choice.

Slow Joe Recumbo

Joe Keenan wrote:
> [...]
> you're easily accepted in a pace line. I was feeling so good, that I jumped to the front and did
> my pull at 20 to 21 mph for about 4 to 5 miles.
>
> Again, I'm speaking from my bent point of view. The Bacchetta mesh seat is incredibly comfortable.
> I'd rate it just or more comfortable than the RANS seat, which has been the industry standard for
> ages. Also, the Bacchetta Strada with the 26" dual wheels does smooth out the ride. I felt like I
> was gliding the whole day.
>
> So for speed and comfort, I don't think you can go wrong with a Bacchetta and being fair, trying
> the Volae or Force 5 models. Oh, and they climb better too. Right now I have limited experience
> going over bridges here in Florida, but I can tell you I flew up them, whereas I know I wouldn't
> on my other bent.
>
> Happy Hunting. Ride as many as you can before you make your choice.

And speaking of the Bacchetta Strada, I happen to know where a very-slightly-used one, built up
with some great components, is available for sale at a great price: Valley Bikes in Carmel,
Indiana (http://www.valleybikes.com). The reason I know is, I have a friend who has it there on
consignment. I'd be interested, but I'm a trike guy, y'know. And as for pacelines
- the only lines I get into, are the ones leading to the bathroom.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

I wasn't going to post but then I read Perry's comments a few messages back and it got a little
scary considering the parallels.

My second recumbent was a 2000 V-Rex. When I went on to a Barcroft Virginia (which was and still is
my all time favorite) I thought I would both commute and do weekend and performance (for me) rides
on the Virginia so the V-Rex was history. So I sold it. Dumb move. When I replaced the stock seat on
the Virginia with an M5 seat the bike became weighted more to the performance end of the scale and I
needed a commuter. I have now gone through a Tiger (my back could not handle the all mesh seat) and
a Rocket (a nice commuter but not a V-Rex). So, my friend Ben Fox finds a 2002 demo V-Rex at a local
shop, tips me off, and I just bought it. For an all purpose, nice riding, decently fast, decent
climbing, reasonably priced, solid recumbent I don't think you can go wrong with the V-Rex. Oh yeah,
Bacchettas or Volaes? I am not comfortable with the tweener bars either. Perry, I don't think I had
a twin from whom I was separated at birth but I might investigate that now.

Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

Bents come in so many different shapes and flavors. Experienced riders have their favorites, all
reasons are valid and are based ultimately on personal factors. You can go fast on lotsa bikes but
what fun is it if it hurts, and comfort is highly subjective.

The recumbent market is evolving very differently than the diamond frame market where the prevailing
go fast philosophy common to most manufacturers consists of lightest frames incorporating exotic
materials / marketing in a configuration with the handlebars much lower than saddles. RANS, Bachetta
(sp?) and Volae bent makers are trying to tap into the DF market with high wheeled racers that
emulate the DF's albeit in a recumbent configuration. These bikes btw appear to be unsuited to stop
and start city cycle riding - it is a long way from clipped in to the ground. No doubt someone will
disagree - this is my opinion and opinions of course are like, um, elbows. Nearly everybody's got
one or two.

Your take-away here might be that you need to get out and start riding recumbents to see what makes
you happy. Long-short wheel base, high-low pedals, 20-20, 20-26, 26-26, USS-OSS etc. Go to
bentrideronline.com or Bob Bryant's publication Recumbent Cycling News for their buyer's guides.

I'm trying to despam so please note the return email if replying. Regards- Jon Shinefeld

"Sbtypesetter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040220120912.02049.00000033@mb-
m19.aol.com...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?
>
> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.
>
> Your suggestions? -Rick

I own a Strada and used to own a Baron. I would definately buy the Baron again for a fast weekend
ride. I sold it because I could only have one expensive bike and it was too low to ride the urban
streets on my commute to work. IMHO the Strada is not as fast or fun as the Baron for weekend fun
rides and there are better choices for the type of commuting I do but it is fast and tall enough to
manage my commute so it is a good compromise for me. Craig

[email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<20040220120912.02049.00000033@mb-
m19.aol.com>...
> I'm still undecided as what to buy. Tell me what you're riding, what you like - dislike about it,
> given the opportunity, would you buy it again, or look for a better 'bent?
>
> I live at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Some rollers, then some steep climbs, high speed
> decents, some semi- prarie areas, high winds are uncommon.
>
> I used to race years ago, and I have a nice custom tailored road bike that is close to the
> ultimate in road machines, so I'm not afraid to spend money, just don't care to spend a thousand
> for something I won't like when I could have been happy for $5,000. Just don't want to go through
> a parade of bikes until finding one I like. Prefer comfort, high speed, and am never off road.
>
> Your suggestions? -Rick

(Perry, is your yahoo.com address supposed to work? Yahoo says there's no account by that name.)

On 21 Feb 2004, you wrote in alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent:
> In a fit of stupidity I sold my V-Rex last June. Currently I have a 98 RANS Tailwind, 80's
> something Tour Easy, 02 Gold Rush and a 03 Fold Rush.

Hm, wanna trade your '02 GR for an '00 V-Rex??

> Would I buy a V-Rex again? Last week I purchased a new 03 V-Rex from Calhoun Cycle.

Oh. Guess not. :)

> PS When the snow melts and I can get the Fold Rush out of storage it will be for sale.

I hate to ask -- how much? Gary