Your bike

Simonb

Guest
Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?

Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

Simonb wrote:
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

1999 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 (not much original equipment) 1986 Raleigh
Royal (not much original equipment)

"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk>typed

> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?

> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

I'm not :-(

Boyfriend has my Flying Scot touring bike (1991), Orbit Harrier (1995) and also has a Decathlon
bought in Morrocco when airline failed to load Scot onto plane for his holiday.

Simonb wrote:
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

Dawes Galaxy (1998) Trek 1000 (2000) R&M Birdy Blue (2003)

Simon

Simonb wrote:
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

1992 Orbit America racing bike (now converted to 18 speed) 1993 Cannondale M1000 mountain bike - in
a sorry state at the moment and going off for a respray) 1999 Thorn Nomad touring bike

and the "classic"

1984 Sun Solo sports bike. Still non-indexed 10 speed and on its fourth respray. Will probably
convert it to fixed as it has the right rear spacing. It was a shockingly bad bike when new - I
realigned the fork which was a quarter of an inch out (!), had the head tube refaced so the headset
wouldn't constantly loosen and had some proper dropouts brazed on. The only reason I went to all
this trouble is that it is strangely good to ride in a gas-pipe 7.5lb frameset kind of way!

"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> writes:

> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

1989 Scott Sawtooth hill bike - not posh, but rides very nicely 1992 Raleigh Record Sprint road bike
- not posh, but rides very nicely 2003 Cannondale Jekyll hill bike - not becks, but...

do not sail on uphill water
- Bill Lee

"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

Litespeed Vortex, with 'drop bars' :)

--
Mark (MSA)

Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

M Series wrote:

> Simonb wrote:
>> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>>
>> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)
>
> 1999 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 (not much original equipment) 1986 Raleigh
> Royal (not much original equipment)

1993/4 Orbit Illusion

"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

With calliper brakes ?

Graham

>, Simonb <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk@?.?.invalid> writes Just out of interest. What's
>everyone riding?

1996 entry-level Raleigh hybrid (as hack bike, with street mudguards, pannier rack and dynamo
lights) 1999 Scott hardtail (as MTB, with Manitou forks and USE seatpost)
--
Sue ];:))

>Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
>Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

2001: Specialized Rockhopper (very modified). Now: Hoping I can ride soon. Got dodgy right knee.
2002: Hoping to build a new bike, maybe another hardtail? . . .
2003: Get married, have kids. No time for cycling.
2004: Find old Rockhopper in garage. Kids laugh. No rust though. Hooray to Aluminium!
2005: Feel too old to ride. Dodgy knee (old 2003 injury) playing up again. Son puts me on back of
tandem as stoker.

> Simonb wrote: Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

At the moment: 1970s Armchair with 2003 subtle blue floral design reupholstering.

At other times: 2003 Scott Street G4 (7 speed hub gear sporty round town bike) with Brooks Saddle &
Carradice saddlebag 2001 Rocky Mountain Element Race occasionally 1999 Brompton T3

The Scott replaced a beloved 1998 Dawes Chilliwack which got nicked. Only original parts: Bottom
bracket, frame, forks, handlebar, handlebar grips and seatpin.

Did you want a postcode and details of home security measures with that?

Ambrose

"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

1997 Dawes Galaxy now metamorphosed into Thorn Club Tour frame/Paul Hewitt wheels/9 speed XT
cassette/V-brakes/LX chainset etc. RSX rear mech is the only survivor. 1999 Roberts road bike. Marin
Bobcat Trail of unknown age.

Ken.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:15:09 +0100, "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote:

>Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
>Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

Mercian Super Audax in Flamboyant Magenta (pink)

Dawes something got for free, converted to fixed.

Pino semi recumbent tandem

Dawes Super Galaxy Twin

Tim
--
In space no one can eat ice cream

In article <[email protected]>, "Simonb"
<sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> says...
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

1997 Grisley boy's MTB - cute but about to be replaced. (I'm taking a Santa Cruz Juliana for a test
ride next weekend.)

1984 Raleigh Royale with a step through frame, down tube shifters and drop bars. It took a while for
me to learn how to ride it (and I'm still getting to grips with the drops) but I absolutely *love*
riding it. It has almost all the original parts but I intend to spend some money upgrading the drive
train and getting it resprayed.

Juliette
--
nowt

"Kenneth Clements" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> 1997 Dawes Galaxy now metamorphosed into Thorn Club Tour frame/Paul Hewitt wheels/9 speed XT
> cassette/V-brakes/LX chainset etc. RSX rear mech is the only survivor.

1997 Dawes Super Galaxy metamorphed into a (2001) custom Mercian frame. Several surviving bits.

Commute Bike 198? Eddy Merkxx . (Converted from 12 speed to straight 6 for ease of maintenance)

Pub Bike No name MTB frame and bits from the shed

Butcher boy delivery bike for showing off on Bike To work Day

Cheerful pedalling John Mallard

Simonb <> said:
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

I have two.

A Godnoze(TM) built up on a Flanders touring frame. I'm quite proud that no two parts are from the
same groupset in the same year. My cantis and rear hub are Deore LX, but more than a decade
separates them...

A Raleigh Record Sprint, setup as a fixed gear

Regards,

-david

"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
>
> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

Trek '01 1000 Triple on the road Trek 4900Disc on the brown stuff (and on the road to when I'm
bored) which is in intensive care at the moment!

Pete White