Your bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simonb, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?

    Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    Tags:

  2. M Series

    M Series Guest

    Simonb wrote:
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    1999 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 (not much original equipment) 1986 Raleigh
    Royal (not much original equipment)

  3. "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk>typed

    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?

    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    I'm not :-(

    Boyfriend has my Flying Scot touring bike (1991), Orbit Harrier (1995) and also has a Decathlon
    bought in Morrocco when airline failed to load Scot onto plane for his holiday.

  4. Simon Proven

    Simon Proven Guest

    Simonb wrote:
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    Dawes Galaxy (1998) Trek 1000 (2000) R&M Birdy Blue (2003)

    Simon

  5. Simonb wrote:
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    1992 Orbit America racing bike (now converted to 18 speed) 1993 Cannondale M1000 mountain bike - in
    a sorry state at the moment and going off for a respray) 1999 Thorn Nomad touring bike

    and the "classic"

    1984 Sun Solo sports bike. Still non-indexed 10 speed and on its fourth respray. Will probably
    convert it to fixed as it has the right rear spacing. It was a shockingly bad bike when new - I
    realigned the fork which was a quarter of an inch out (!), had the head tube refaced so the headset
    wouldn't constantly loosen and had some proper dropouts brazed on. The only reason I went to all
    this trouble is that it is strangely good to ride in a gas-pipe 7.5lb frameset kind of way!

  6. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> writes:

    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    1989 Scott Sawtooth hill bike - not posh, but rides very nicely 1992 Raleigh Record Sprint road bike
    - not posh, but rides very nicely 2003 Cannondale Jekyll hill bike - not becks, but...

    do not sail on uphill water
    - Bill Lee

  7. Msa

    Msa Guest

    "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    Litespeed Vortex, with 'drop bars' :)

    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

  8. Andy Hibbins

    Andy Hibbins Guest

    M Series wrote:

    > Simonb wrote:
    >> Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >>
    >> Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)
    >
    > 1999 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 (not much original equipment) 1986 Raleigh
    > Royal (not much original equipment)

    1993/4 Orbit Illusion

  9. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    With calliper brakes ?

    Graham

  10. Sue

    Sue Guest

    >, Simonb <[email protected]?.?.invalid> writes Just out of interest. What's
    >everyone riding?

    1996 entry-level Raleigh hybrid (as hack bike, with street mudguards, pannier rack and dynamo
    lights) 1999 Scott hardtail (as MTB, with Manitou forks and USE seatpost)
    --
    Sue ];:))

  11. Ouch

    Ouch Guest

    >Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    >Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    2001: Specialized Rockhopper (very modified). Now: Hoping I can ride soon. Got dodgy right knee.
    2002: Hoping to build a new bike, maybe another hardtail? . . .
    2003: Get married, have kids. No time for cycling.
    2004: Find old Rockhopper in garage. Kids laugh. No rust though. Hooray to Aluminium!
    2005: Feel too old to ride. Dodgy knee (old 2003 injury) playing up again. Son puts me on back of
    tandem as stoker.

  12. > Simonb wrote: Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?

    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    At the moment: 1970s Armchair with 2003 subtle blue floral design reupholstering.

    At other times: 2003 Scott Street G4 (7 speed hub gear sporty round town bike) with Brooks Saddle &
    Carradice saddlebag 2001 Rocky Mountain Element Race occasionally 1999 Brompton T3

    The Scott replaced a beloved 1998 Dawes Chilliwack which got nicked. Only original parts: Bottom
    bracket, frame, forks, handlebar, handlebar grips and seatpin.

    Did you want a postcode and details of home security measures with that?

    Ambrose

  13. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Graham wrote:

    > With calliper brakes ?
    >
    > Graham

    No. Canti's.

  14. "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    1997 Dawes Galaxy now metamorphosed into Thorn Club Tour frame/Paul Hewitt wheels/9 speed XT
    cassette/V-brakes/LX chainset etc. RSX rear mech is the only survivor. 1999 Roberts road bike. Marin
    Bobcat Trail of unknown age.

    Ken.

  15. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    > >
    > > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)
    > >

    > With calliper brakes ?
    >
    > Graham

    Colnago Dream, Dura-Ace, and of course drop bars !

    Graham

  16. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:15:09 +0100, "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote:

    >Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    >Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    Mercian Super Audax in Flamboyant Magenta (pink)

    Dawes something got for free, converted to fixed.

    Pino semi recumbent tandem

    Dawes Super Galaxy Twin

    Tim
    --
    In space no one can eat ice cream

  17. Juliette

    Juliette Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Simonb"
    <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> says...
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    1997 Grisley boy's MTB - cute but about to be replaced. (I'm taking a Santa Cruz Juliana for a test
    ride next weekend.)

    1984 Raleigh Royale with a step through frame, down tube shifters and drop bars. It took a while for
    me to learn how to ride it (and I'm still getting to grips with the drops) but I absolutely *love*
    riding it. It has almost all the original parts but I intend to spend some money upgrading the drive
    train and getting it resprayed.

    Juliette
    --
    nowt

  18. John Mallard

    John Mallard Guest

    "Kenneth Clements" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > 1997 Dawes Galaxy now metamorphosed into Thorn Club Tour frame/Paul Hewitt wheels/9 speed XT
    > cassette/V-brakes/LX chainset etc. RSX rear mech is the only survivor.

    1997 Dawes Super Galaxy metamorphed into a (2001) custom Mercian frame. Several surviving bits.

    Commute Bike 198? Eddy Merkxx . (Converted from 12 speed to straight 6 for ease of maintenance)

    Pub Bike No name MTB frame and bits from the shed

    Butcher boy delivery bike for showing off on Bike To work Day

    Cheerful pedalling John Mallard

  19. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    Simonb <> said:
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    I have two.

    A Godnoze(TM) built up on a Flanders touring frame. I'm quite proud that no two parts are from the
    same groupset in the same year. My cantis and rear hub are Deore LX, but more than a decade
    separates them...

    A Raleigh Record Sprint, setup as a fixed gear

    Regards,

    -david

  20. Pete White

    Pete White Guest

    "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just out of interest. What's everyone riding?
    >
    > Me: Specialized Sirrus (with drop bars)

    Trek '01 1000 Triple on the road Trek 4900Disc on the brown stuff (and on the road to when I'm
    bored) which is in intensive care at the moment!

    Pete White