Your bike...



Bikelyst

New Member
Dec 29, 2006
306
3
0
I know other topics have a thread similar to this but I was curious to find out what type of bike you have, and how your parents felt with you buying it. :p




Start posting!!!
 

Bikelyst

New Member
Dec 29, 2006
306
3
0
Oops, forgot to include mine lol...I haven't bought it yet, but its fitted to me and all i am waiting to do is hand over the money. :p Oh, and after the sticker shock of $1,500 my dad became pretty cool with it, considering I am buying it with all my own money.:p It has full shimano 105, with carbon fork and seatstay.
 

Bikelyst

New Member
Dec 29, 2006
306
3
0
Bikelyst said:
Oops, forgot to include mine lol...I haven't bought it yet, but its fitted to me and all i am waiting to do is hand over the money. :p Oh, and after the sticker shock of $1,500 my dad became pretty cool with it, considering I am buying it with all my own money.:p It has full shimano 105, with carbon fork and seatstay.
I'll keep this topic alive by myself if i have to, I know you guys are out there. :p


Cheers!
 

steve_18798

New Member
Feb 15, 2007
48
0
0
Well bud. I'm here to help this thread going. I have a gary fisher advance that i race in the spring and summer with my league www.excessiveracing.wetpaint.com that is exclusively for Windsor. Anyways my fisher is do to upgrade soon with some carbon fibre goodies. My other bike is my winter beater/ snow drifter and is a piece of **** but works well. I'm looking into buying a Schwinn Blackline with full disc brakes and dual suspension, one of the only good bikes with dual suspension out there thats under a grand, so it'll put a nice dent in my wallet when i do get it. Anyways what other bikes do we have in here, Please people help out our friend and keep this post going.
 

Bikelyst

New Member
Dec 29, 2006
306
3
0
steve_18798 said:
Well bud. I'm here to help this thread going. I have a gary fisher advance that i race in the spring and summer with my league www.excessiveracing.wetpaint.com that is exclusively for Windsor. Anyways my fisher is do to upgrade soon with some carbon fibre goodies. My other bike is my winter beater/ snow drifter and is a piece of **** but works well. I'm looking into buying a Schwinn Blackline with full disc brakes and dual suspension, one of the only good bikes with dual suspension out there thats under a grand, so it'll put a nice dent in my wallet when i do get it. Anyways what other bikes do we have in here, Please people help out our friend and keep this post going.
hehe, I appreciate the post...truly. :)
 

bobbyOCR

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,357
0
0
31
you guys will **** yourselves when you see this..........................


000_0293.jpg


a month ago

100_0332.jpg


currently

Very soon, Pro-Lite Stelvios, SRAM Rival, KCNC TI Pro Lite seatpost and other nice stuff.


U/17 2nd year. Get a job in a bikeshop and you could have this too :D more seriously this has taken a couple of years to put together, it is my pride and joy and consumes a huge amount of time. My life currently is balanced between School, work and cycling. I am a sprinter/pursuiter, I am at home on the flats and sub 1km hills (sprinter's hills, in other words). I enjoy climbing but when the real climbers come out to set the pace, I'm hanging on desperately. My current aims are improve my climbing enough to hang on till the line, where I have a better chance. If any of you race in WA look out for a stocky shortish rider wearing either Phonak gear or black Crank n' Cycles gear.

Also in a month or two, I'll have a track frame to build up.
 

Bikelyst

New Member
Dec 29, 2006
306
3
0
bobbyOCR said:
you guys will **** yourselves when you see this..........................


000_0293.jpg


a month ago

100_0332.jpg


currently

Very soon, Pro-Lite Stelvios, SRAM Rival, KCNC TI Pro Lite seatpost and other nice stuff.


U/17 2nd year. Get a job in a bikeshop and you could have this too :D more seriously this has taken a couple of years to put together, it is my pride and joy and consumes a huge amount of time. My life currently is balanced between School, work and cycling. I am a sprinter/pursuiter, I am at home on the flats and sub 1km hills (sprinter's hills, in other words). I enjoy climbing but when the real climbers come out to set the pace, I'm hanging on desperately. My current aims are improve my climbing enough to hang on till the line, where I have a better chance. If any of you race in WA look out for a stocky shortish rider wearing either Phonak gear or black Crank n' Cycles gear.

Also in a month or two, I'll have a track frame to build up.
Sounds a little brash, but junior gearing looks like ****. Oh, and unfortunately I didn't **** myself when I looked at it. I **** myself at how well you described your cycling ability!!! Wow!!! Your amazing! (Sarcasm alert)

Updated pics...

Spring2007109.jpg


That is all.
 

bobbyOCR

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,357
0
0
31
/\ bike looks nice.

I dunno whether you were trying to be a ***** or not, but you seemed to come off as one. Don't scrutinise ability over the internet, you don't know anything until you've ridden against whoever it is youa re scrutinising.


Now, latest. 7.6Kg with Ritchey Protocol LTD.

100_0384.jpg


100_0385.jpg
 

Bikelyst

New Member
Dec 29, 2006
306
3
0
bobbyOCR said:
/\ bike looks nice.

I dunno whether you were trying to be a ***** or not, but you seemed to come off as one. Don't scrutinise ability over the internet, you don't know anything until you've ridden against whoever it is youa re scrutinising.


Now, latest. 7.6Kg with Ritchey Protocol LTD.

100_0384.jpg


100_0385.jpg
I think we would get along well. I won my age division (14-19 yrs) this weekend...by 12 min. I, myself, am a climber. I just pick a solid rider's wheel and blow through the field.

Take that how ever you would like...like the upgrades regardless.
 

bobbyOCR

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,357
0
0
31
Bikelyst said:
I think we would get along well. I won my age division (14-19 yrs) this weekend...by 12 min. I, myself, am a climber. I just pick a solid rider's wheel and blow through the field.

Take that how ever you would like...like the upgrades regardless.
I've improved my climbing. I won my club open hill climb TT championship by 1:50. It was 7.8km long and I climbed it in 16:46. Granted only 5km of that is actually uphill, but I was against climbers and TTists so I'm happy.
 

Bikelyst

New Member
Dec 29, 2006
306
3
0
bobbyOCR said:
I've improved my climbing. I won my club open hill climb TT championship by 1:50. It was 7.8km long and I climbed it in 16:46. Granted only 5km of that is actually uphill, but I was against climbers and TTists so I'm happy.
Regards :)
 

Jacob24

New Member
Aug 1, 2006
53
0
0
I'm riding a 07 Fuji SL1, I bought the frameset and have been upgrading it piece by piece with my teams deals since. the only thing left to upgrade is the groupset, and once thats done it'll be just over 15 pounds.
 

Cycler6n

New Member
Jan 5, 2007
548
1
0
I just bought a 2007 Specialized Tarmac expert double, its a peice of art work. Got it $600 off too.
 

j. brew

New Member
Sep 6, 2007
2
0
0
28
cannondale caad3 team saeco replica, ultegra components. getting a litespeed from my uncle soon, all campy components.