Your bike...

Discussion in 'Next Generation' started by Bikelyst, Feb 20, 2007.

1. g1ann1s

g1ann1s New Member

Orbea Enol with Bontrager Race X Lite Wheels

2. Miscreant

Miscreant New Member

Eddy Merckx 2005 mxm for ma birthday booyah

3. RedRider2009

RedRider2009 New Member

both of you with the pics are acting like dicks....nice bikes..but the turquoise looks a bit queer

4. er1kksen

er1kksen New Member

And now for the budget squad...

Bike 1, the beater. Schwinn Crossfit. Got it for free after my old bike was stolen, a neighbor had a back injury so I mowed his lawn all summer. He gave me his bike since he couldn't ride it anymore. Anyways, the gearshift is shot, which is no big deal since I always ride it in top gear (move the chains with my fingers) but the rear brakes are seriously messed up so I have to ride with just the front brakes which are only slightly better. Besides that, the back of the frame is bent wierdly so that no matter how I adjust the spoke tension parts of the tire end up rubbing against the frame and acting like a mild brake. Oh well. Better workout. It'll probably die this summer. Both tires are currently flat, they got that way halfway through a recent ride, it's been too nasty out to ride it since.
    [​IMG]
    Bike 2: My Friend. Some sorta Schwinn something. Very nice to ride, really smooth, very light so it accelerates like a rollercoaster downhill. Unfortunately it needs new rims since the ones currently on it are probably older than I am. I really love riding this bike. This one was also free since it used to be my dad's.
    [​IMG]

I use the nicer one for long rides exploring the countryside and a bit of touring. The beater is what I use when the nice one is unavailable for whatever reason (2 flats last year). I'm thinking for a more serious low-budget touring bike that the old beater could be made into something nice, with a new gearshift and brakes and an adjusted frame. But hey, if I can manage to strap 25 lbs of gear to the red one, that's really all I need. I don't do any racing or anything... there isn't much around here, to be honest.

5. Bikelyst

Bikelyst New Member

I agree about the dick part...for me it was warranted. I can be a prick sometimes...it happens, I apologize.

Oh...and not to sound like a prick ;) the "turquoise" color is called celeste. It's trademark Bianchi color, some people love it, some hate it...to each their own.

6. Bikelyst

Bikelyst New Member

7. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob New Member

Uncle Bob's ride, "Trikie". :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. chick on wheels

chick on wheels New Member

2009 cannondale six feminine 3

And I love it too! obviously i m a girl so that explains the fem (i thought my gender was somewhat underrepresented on this thread). Of course I wish I had full carbon and all dura ace but that just wasnt in my prize range. I m cruising head over heels into competitive cycling and was supposed to have my first race today but its raining GAHH!

As the original question on this thread... hehe my parents werent too thrilled. hypocrites because they invested HEAVILY into stellar bikes that were over 5K a piece and they ride (and i m being generous here) two hours a week at most with probly a 20km/hr max. Compare that to my 12-15hrs playing catch-me-if-you-can with any local group willing to take in a stray. Imagine my parents when I told them the reason behind me turning my city upside down looking for a job is so that I can buy a track bike by the end of the summer!

9. BDoosey

BDoosey New Member

I don't own a road bike yet, but I have my hybrid Globe Vienna 2. I'm hoping to save up for a road bike for later on in the year when I am a better cyclist. I literally started cycling today so, I am not rushing into things as of right now. :)

10. BeccaRose1

BeccaRose1 New Member

Okay, this is now kind of boring because my bike isn't a racing bike. It's one of those beach cruisers, but I love it! It's perfect for my everyday needs. It is orange with green wheels. The name is Oranje Donder. This means Orange Thunder in Dutch. It's my little baby and it's actually pretty new. I had three other bikes during the course of my 18 month stay in the Netherlands, but they all got destroyed from being used way too much!

11. trungkaka165

trungkaka165 New Member

now, I still do not have a really good bike for himself.
    have you any advice can help you buy the bike how is good?
    thank you

12. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

I'm currently looking for a new bike for a beginner, anybody have any recommendations for me? :D

13. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Nice revive, but I just drive a hybrid champion X. Its like 15 years old so I'm looking for a replacement, looking for a road bike though.