I already own a good saddle and great tires, but I don't exactly know what to upgrade the other components to. Of course it's another dream to ride on Zipp wheels, but I want to be realistic.
I'm riding my bike for training, fun and the ocassional race.
I'm willing to spend some money on this, but I want value for money 🙂 I know 3T makes good stuff, but so do Pro, Ritchey, Scud etc.
Questions:
What are your thoughts on the above and what components would you suggest?
Are the Eason Circuit wheels enough for training as reviews suggest?
What components do you currently use with your (high-end) bike (not necessary Cervélo R3)?
The saddle is a pretty personal choice let your butt decide. For training and fast group rides with a race here and there I don't think you can beat Tufo C-Elite Rides. They never flat and have a feel pretty close to tubulars. They also take a lot of pressure 140 IIRC if that is something you are after.
As for the bars this one is a no brainer as I have probably gone through 5 or more recently including Cinelli Ram, Deda Alanera and other pretty nice bars. The Control Tech Carbon Comp handle bar is by far the most comfortable bar I have ever ridden. They feel perfect in every position but the indent behind the tops of the hoods is sublime. I can't believe what a welcome change they are.
Personally I would not own any bike unless it had a Campy drive train...but that is just me:pI think you will be just fine with your D/A stuff.
What are your thoughts on the above and what components would you suggest?
Are the Eason Circuit wheels enough for training as reviews suggest?
What components do you currently use with your (high-end) bike (not necessary Cervélo R3)?
Thanks!
First, why do you want to upgrade? As far stems go, you'll have a hard time finding one better than the ARX-Pro, assuming it's the right length and has the right rise.
You're going to have to be more specific about why you want to change components, what you're looking for, and etc.
I've now decided to upgrade cassette and chain only - to Ultegra ones. I'll put on my Conti GP 4000S tires too and will use my Specialized Toupe saddle 🙂
Wheels later, maybe. I'll miss wheels with aero spokes and that one might be for the future.