Your Cycling Locations

I between Cincinnati and Dayton in the state of Ohio, USA. We have a great mix of multi-use trails and communities that have designated bike lanes. There is a system of paved multi-use trails that extend from Cincinnati to Urbana, about 120 miles. There is an offshoot from this trail that currently runs out to South Charleston, Ohio which adds about 12 miles one way. There is also a connector from these trails to the trails in Montgomery County, Ohio. The Montgomery County Trails consist of approximately 45 miles of connected trails and another 30 miles of stand alone trails. A lot of the municipalities in the area have built some sort of bike trail, anywhere from one mile on up. The majority of the trails are rail trails without any steep hills. There are several trails that follow river banks and you get small hills as the trails run along the banks for awhile and then go up on the levees for awhile.

It is kind of dangerous to ride the road in the metro area, but there are nice country roads less than a half hours car ride away. You can drive up to the central Ohio Pleateau and ride flat roads, or you can drive anywhere that is connected to the Ohio River Valley and you have all the climbing you might want.

I'm in the NW Chicago suburbs in Illinois -- Wheaton, Winfield, Warrenville area. Anyone want to ride with a slow newbie?

Kman516 said:
I'm in the NW Chicago suburbs in Illinois -- Wheaton, Winfield, Warrenville area. Anyone want to ride with a slow newbie?

Don't know if you're still looking, i'm female in good shape road biker in your area.

graf zeppelin said:
Providence, RI. Ride Barrington/Bristol along the Bay or Scituate/Cumberland for rolling hills.

I live in the Providence area as well.. Heading down the EBBP, you pass my place.

Space Coast...Brevard County Florida...Cocoa Beach to more specific! Seems like everyone was on some kind of Coast so I had to get my coast in...

DancenMacabre said:
Soggy, soggy San Francisco!

I know where you're coming from on that one. It has been raining too much here in Va Beach. I'm taking the mountain bike out tomorrow and I am sure I will have plenty of mud to get her nice and dirty... and standing water to get her clean again!

When you have a good race you remember it for the rest of your life. When you have a great race the people watching remember it for the rest of their lives.

I live and ride around N. Portage county. Spend loads of time traipsing around Geauga, Trumbull, Ashtabula, and Mahoning counties. Ride MTB too.