Your dream bike.

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
My dream bike would probably be a Serotta, or a Colnago, not sure which model, but one of em. Or a Cervelo... whats yours?

Cycler6n said:
My dream bike would probably be a Serotta, or a Colnago, not sure which model, but one of em. Or a Cervelo... whats yours?
Split choice;

Rourke custom steel frameset, full Chorus, Chorus hubs and Mavic ceramic open pro rims.
Or
Sunday Silk Pro titanium frameset, full Chorus and wheels as before.

Cervelo R3 or Soloist seem tremendous, but I prefer metal frames, for little reason other than old fashioned prejudice.

Luckily I like all of my current bikes massively as well, specially the steel'ers. And I am painfully aware that the limiting factor isn't them, it's who bought them ...

KellyT said:
Split choice;

Rourke custom steel frameset, full Chorus, Chorus hubs and Mavic ceramic open pro rims.
Or
Sunday Silk Pro titanium frameset, full Chorus and wheels as before.

Cervelo R3 or Soloist seem tremendous, but I prefer metal frames, for little reason other than old fashioned prejudice.

Luckily I like all of my current bikes massively as well, specially the steel'ers. And I am painfully aware that the limiting factor isn't them, it's who bought them ...
Nothing else than a Pegoretti...
Dario Pegoretti lives about 100km from my home...

I already got my dream bike. A CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 clinchers and an ergomo pro. But I left it in Chicago because it's too expensive to bring along for out of state temp jobs. A complete ebay purchase too because I couldn't afford bike shop prices for it! It's my personal "Ferrari." But I also have the AL Soloist with HED3s too.

not nec. with this set-up... but this frame is my "dream" (Black Bamboo!)
bamboo-720049.jpg

the frameset is alwasy greener over the fence. after a lifetime of aluminum i dream about skinny tubes and elegant lugs.

astroluc said:
not nec. with this set-up... but this frame is my "dream" (Black Bamboo!)

Calfee's bamboo frames are exceedingly unimpressive in the flesh.

alienator said:
Calfee's bamboo frames are exceedingly unimpressive in the flesh.
Wouldn't rattan be a better choice? Not as pretty but surely more durable. Maybe one day they'll replace the bamboo with something really cool, like elm or maybe willow.

davidmedsker said:
the frameset is alwasy greener over the fence.
No, not always. I've never had a carbon bike, although my partner has an incredibly beatiful carbon bike. But I much prefer the skinny steel tubes and their elegant lines. I would like a titanium frame, but that's mainly because they don't rust, I don't think it would actually be much 'better' in real terms.

Since I already have my dream AL and CF bikes, my other dreams bikes are --

a Trek Pilot 5.2 spa with Jandd panniers for commuting (too expensive just for a commuter bike, so I'd settle for a 2.,1 spa but it's too expensive at $1649 to $1829 that the bike shops ask).

a 1983 to 1988 Hutch Trickstar with as many authentic Hutch components on it as possible. Only can get through ebay from a reluctant seller as this is probably the best old school freestyle bmx bike. Modern bmx freestyle bikes totally suck compared to this bike because they are so heavy, and I prefer old school bmx tricks + some new ones. Might cost $1300 + on ebay depending on the build.

Well, I do settle for my 1983 Hutch Pro Racing bike modified for freestyle. Has Hutch pedals (worth $280) and Hutch Titanium hollow axle Araya 1.5 racing rims. Lightweight for a freestyle bike at 26 lbs when the bikes nowadays are 32+ lbs.

Dream round tube bike - Cervelo R3
Dream TT bike - Cervelo P3

I'm such a Cervelo freak.

Actually, with a $25K collection of bikes I tell myself to not spend anymore on bikes.

I would like to see that Calfee bamboo bike in person though.

davidmedsker said:
Wouldn't rattan be a better choice? Not as pretty but surely more durable. Maybe one day they'll replace the bamboo with something really cool, like elm or maybe willow.

Maybe ironwood for the steel is real crowd.....

Simple:

1. My current bike.
attachment.php

2. A Parlee Z1
parlee_z1_uni.jpg

3. A Look 595
ORIGIN-595.jpg

That's it. The Look is the only production CF frame that twists my sack, and it twists it pretty damned hard.