Your experience with Dura Ace Triples

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bruce L, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Bruce L

Bruce L New Member

What has been your experience with the Dura Ace triple? I heard they can be finicky.

Tags:

2. pudster

pudster New Member

Bruce, I have worked on them lots and I have not found any problems with them. They go together real easy and I have not seen problems from them. A way that I know is that I have built about 20 bikes with them in the later part of 03 and no one seems to come back with problems and I see some of these folks all the time. Hope this helps.

3. JSCORNO

JSCORNO New Member

I've had a Trek 2200 for a couple years now with a Ultegra Triple and have not a had any problems with it.

4. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

It's all in the setup. Some folks just don't have a clue. Campy triples are easier,because of the difference in front shifting machanism.

5. dhk

dhk New Member

Just got a new frame built with DA 9 sp triple. Running the DA 7700 long cage RD on 12-25, with an FSA triple, 52/39/30, and a SRAM PC-99. This is my first triple and first STI bike as well.

Shifting the cogs is very quick with just a tap,whether up or down. Upshifting the chainring takes a longer throw and a little hold time to complete, but still a clean shift. Was concerned about the need to "trim" the FD, but that's easy too, and not needed often. In short, works great, better than expected.

6. pudster

pudster New Member

I would say that Shimano and Campy are just as easy it is just a little different.