Your fastest top speed

Chris410 said:
Nothing big, highest speed was 60mph down blue mountain up in PA. Very steep mountain so it was pretty easy to hit high speeds...just thankful for no blowouts!! ha ha:rolleyes:
Nothing big? lol 60mph is cookin'

Hmmm, my fastest top speed isn't anything that could impress anyone here, but here's something slightly different: fastest top speed without pedalling, on a FLAT grade? 20 kph. An insane tailwind by the ocean in the Netherlands, caught my saddlebags like a sail. I just put my feet up on the handlebars and coasted for a good 15 minutes:). Drivers actually paced me to take photos - felt nice to be a celebrity, lol!

cydewaze said:

47.1mph heading down Prospect St. heading onto E. State St. in Trenton, NJ.

62mph, downhill, wicked tailwind (dont ask what my average speed was going up)
I've drafted trucks up to 45mph. Wish I could do that on my own.
Greg

janiejones said:
78kms - does anybody know that in mph? It was pretty fast for me though. :eek:
update from the older thread - 52 mph riding my fixed gear - spinning onver 120 ppm

janiejones said:
78kms - does anybody know that in mph? It was pretty fast for me though. :eek:
I think I just figured it out myself - that's 48.4 miles per hour!! Not as fast as some of you risk taking gnarly speed freaks, but I'm pretty impressed with it.

janiejones said:
I think I just figured it out myself - that's 48.4 miles per hour!! Not as fast as some of you risk taking gnarly speed freaks, but I'm pretty impressed with it.
That's awesome 48.36 by my calc but hey @ that speed not much difference in a few hundreths or a mile or two per hour. It's still scary...Keep peddlin fast:)

Thought I answered this one already but I guess not.

I hit 43 on my Diamond Back MTB on a slight downhill grade. It was paved

32 MPH. I need to find a bigger hill:D

Today I got up to 26 MPH on a local trail then I hit a patch of slushy ice and while my bike went crazy I was praying that I wouldn't fall LoL, but I got control of it again B 4 I fell.

Got up to 42 mph today coming down a short hill. Could've gone faster but I had to brake or get run over.

I honestly dont know. I dont have a bike computer yet. I can tell you that this past saturday on the Mt Vernon trail here in NoVA I was pacing autos on the GW Parkway, and passing a few. Speed limit on that road which paralells the Mt Vernon Trail is 35MPH. No one ever really goes 35MPH on that road though, its more like 45MPH. Ive driven it many many times, and if you go 35, you are being passed like you are barely moving.

That said, for a good minute I kept pace w/ most cars, and even passed a few. Fairly large hill that drops you steep at first then the incline gradually flattens more, but its still quite a drawn out downhill.

So im going to GUESS 40MPH

At a charity ride called the Courage Classic in the Colorado Rockies, on a steeeeeeep downhill with a few mild turns 51mph. But my hair was standing on end!:eek: --Trac