Your favorite chamois cream

Aussie Butt Cream (tea tree oil based) or Assos Cream work fine. Not sure if I need it but now I'm used to it I hate the feeling of dry chamois on my nether regions.

I guess I can modify the answer that I gave 3 years ago, in this thread, and say that I would like to give DZ Nuts a try. It's an expensive product though.

Oruboris said:
Body glide: very 'clean' feel, washes out of the shorts easily. I'm probably not nearly as hard core as most of you though. Couldn't say if it lasts much longer than 50 miles on a hot day.

Up here in Canada a lot of guys use Bag Balm. You get it in farm supply stores. It's for cow udders (honest), but it's soothing, healing, cheap, and udderly wonderful.

Revds
North Bay, ON

Revds said:
Up here in Canada a lot of guys use Bag Balm. You get it in farm supply stores. It's for cow udders (honest), but it's soothing, healing, cheap, and udderly wonderful.

Revds
North Bay, ON

How do you get past its' "aroma"? My memory when I used it on animals is that it has a distinct and not too pleasant odor.

By the way, if the only pain I feel is on the "sit bones" would some kind of cream do me any good?

Funseeker said:
How do you get past its' "aroma"? My memory when I used it on animals is that it has a distinct and not too pleasant odor.

By the way, if the only pain I feel is on the "sit bones" would some kind of cream do me any good?

Cream does nothing for the sit bone ache. To get rid of that either takes time (the case if your new), a new saddle, new shorts, or any combo of those three. Cream is used to prevent abrasion or to lessen or prevent further damage to abraded areas in groinal areas.

I've tried just about every commercial chamois cream I've come across, as well as several alternatives (bag balm, cold cream, noxzema, etc.). I like the feel of creams with menthol (like Assos), but honestly, if you're just trying to prevent saddle sores they're all pretty much the same. My favorite now is the Performance Bike house brand stuff just because it's cheap.

There is a new, menthol-free, natural balm on the market called Rider's Remedy. The menthol creams usually burn after a bit, so this one is way more comfortable for longer rides. It's made by a BC company who is famous for their natural diaper cream.
Rider's Remedy for chafing & saddle sores
http://www.ridersremedy.com

RideHarder said:
There is a new, menthol-free, natural balm on the market called Rider's Remedy. The menthol creams usually burn after a bit, so this one is way more comfortable for longer rides. It's made by a BC company who is famous for their natural diaper cream.
Rider's Remedy for chafing & saddle sores
http://www.ridersremedy.com

Menthol creams burn after a bit? I've not found that at all. For example, the Assos cream feels quite refreshing, completely unlike a burn.

You're not applying menthol creams rectally, are you? I could see how a menthol cream inside one's anus would burn....maybe.

alienator said:
Menthol creams burn after a bit? I've not found that at all. For example, the Assos cream feels quite refreshing, completely unlike a burn.

You're not applying menthol creams rectally, are you? I could see how a menthol cream inside one's anus would burn....maybe.

No, I am not applying menthol creams rectally, thanks. I'm actually a female, so menthol creams are not my friend. My husband also dislikes menthol creams when riding. A friend gave us the Rider's Remedy who works for the company and it was great for chafing (on all parts) prevention and healing.