Your favorite rider?

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Who is your favorite 2010 rider? If you would like to add a rider to the poll, either post here or email me.

Cancellara.

His performances since 2006 make him the best all round rider in the world, I think

His ride at Roubaix was phenomenal this year.
As was Flanders.

I voted for Andy Schleck. He's a young man that will reach his potential soon and he is a winner. It's ironic, Andy is from Luxemburg and his last name means 'snail' in Letzebuergesch. Some snail!

I know there are better riders but after seeing the documentary Overcoming (?) I have really grown to admire Jens Voigt's attitude and dedication.

Wlfdg said:
I know there are better riders but after seeing the documentary Overcoming (?) I have really grown to admire Jens Voigt's attitude and dedication.
I also voted for Jens for his character rather then his riding ability. I think he has one of the best characters that is riding around.

I voted eveans he's haveing a good season so far and wearing his word champ jersey well!!

Wlfdg said:
I voted for Spartacus - the guy is amazing - but there are about 4-5 guys who I generally root for, and Voigt is one of them. The way he's always on the attack just spices up any race he is riding in.

Armstrong 0/18 so far.

I wonder why? Has it become socially undesirable to be his fan (on this forum at least... don't worry, it's anonymous voting), or he hasn't the comeback story to sell, or cycling public wants new heroes - riders with victories this season, so the impression about them is stronger... Probably the mix of everything this is the reason.
But I have to vote for him. The guy has incredible TDF record, best ever... On and off the road (you know what am I talking about, right?)
I want to encourage others too.

Let's wait till a week before TDF. Army of his fans/PRs will flood the forums. Numbers will change instantly.

Chavez said:
I voted for Spartacus - the guy is amazing - but there are about 4-5 guys who I generally root for, and Voigt is one of them. The way he's always on the attack just spices up any race he is riding in.

I voted for Cancellera as well, although Jens was a consideration. Fabian's Paris-Roubaix performance this year was just incredible, which is the reason I opted to vote for him rather than Voigt. Cadel, who I was never a huge fan of in the past, has become one of my favorite riders in the peleton this year. Along with the three riders I already mentioned, Farrar and Wiggins would round out my top 5.

Andrija said:
Armstrong 0/18 so far.

I wonder why? Has it become socially undesirable to be his fan (on this forum at least... don't worry, it's anonymous voting), or he hasn't the comeback story to sell, or cycling public wants new heroes - riders with victories this season, so the impression about them is stronger... Probably the mix of everything this is the reason.
But I have to vote for him. The guy has incredible TDF record, best ever... On and off the road (you know what am I talking about, right?)

Let's wait till a week before TDF. Army of his fans/PRs will flood the forums. Numbers will change instantly.

As an American, I'd feel like a heinous front-runner if I selected Lance. He's obviously been a great champion and tremendous ambassador for the sport here in the US, but I just don't generally root for him.

Andrija said:
Armstrong 0/18 so far.

One reason for the lack of votes for LA might be his relatively quiet 2010 season so far (not counting his off the road issues). For someome that is only targeting the TDF this ins't a surprise. People just haven't seen him at the front of races as much as lets say, Evans or Cancellera.

pennstater said:
One reason for the lack of votes for LA might be his relatively quiet 2010 season so far (not counting his off the road issues). For someome that is only targeting the TDF this ins't a surprise. People just haven't seen him at the front of races as much as lets say, Evans or Cancellera.
Yes. Freshness (I called it strength previously) of impression is factor.

Glad you included Roche but no Russell Downing :confused: Winner of stage 2 Criterium International. I know he may not be well known on the world stage yet but is already household name on the British domestic scene and a decent agressive rider.

So hard to choose just one. I admire so many of these guys, so on a given day it's likely to be somebody completely different that I cheer for depending on the situation.

That said, I do tend to like the understated do-it-all type like Thor and Tony Martin and a host of others.

Jens, though... He's a very hard guy not to like even though he's not exactly understated.

I am definitely torn between Jens and Fabian. I guess I will pick Cancellara, I have his autograph.

ive enjoyed watching gilbert have a go at the classics this season. hes not got the physical attributes of someone like cancellara, but hes a smart rider and takes lots of risks. exciting as hell to watch.