Your favorite rider?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by steve, May 22, 2010.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Philippe Gilbert has been added to the poll!

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

I think it's due to the fact that he's done bugger all in a few years and well, he's an American that's won lots. Never a good combination for the popularity stakes... The did he/didn't he take drugs, dating the Olsen twins and dumping his first wife and kids, the Cheryl Crow when she found out she had cancer and then came back and did nothing doesn't really help.

What's he done in 2010? He rode on the front of the bunch in the TDU and smacked his head on the floor in the ToC. Looks like that eye thing is worse than first thought and may be out for longer than estimated.

My vote - Cancellara... Now we've just gotta wait for the Tour prologue. 3,000,000 watts and getting that 9 sprocket around at 120rpm. :p

I would have voted for Cav if he'd followed up that V sign salute with publicly calling Greipel a "useless c*nt"

3. Eldron

Eldron New Member

For me:

Vino - I've always liked his aggressive riding style and don't really care who takes drugs and who doesn't.

Armstrong - cos the dude is my age and I know how hard it is to try and kick youngsters ass' when you're past your prime.

Evans - (god I hope my friends don't see this) - he's a lot more aggressive this year and I'm enjoying watching the world champ stripes out do the rainbow curse!

Kloden - fair to say he's done diddly squat this year apart from a surge up the muur but he's always been a favourite.

And the money goes to.....(drum roll please).....Sagan!

What a phenomenal young talent.

4. Mojo Johnson

Mojo Johnson New Member

Christian Vande Velde.

The 2008 Tour De France was expected to be a rough event for the Americans without Lance or any serious GC contenders. Christian Vande Velde hit the scene with the exciting Garmin Chipotle team and really gave us something to cheer about.

I have good memories of that tour and had a great time watching this young man turn himself inside out for his team and his country. I'm a fan.

5. valvan

valvan New Member

Got to give support for the guy from the home state, tyler farrar
    loved watching him beat cavendish at tirreno last year and seems to be having a good season so far this year.

6. Andrija

Andrija Member

What Vuelta?
    Are you sure who are you talking about?
    Are you trolling this thread?

7. valvan

valvan New Member

oops my bad it was at tirreno:eek: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3AZUdGr-lk]YouTube - Tyler Farrar Wins Over Mark Cavendish in the Third Stage at Tirreno-Adriatico[/ame]

8. Andrija

Andrija Member

It was nice victory, yes.
    Be more careful... Tirreno is very different from Vuelta.
    I'd like to see Farrar doing this in the Tour. Just to make Green jersey competition more exciting.

9. gman0482

gman0482 Member

Where's Dave Zabriskie ?? Cancellara has my vote for sure.

10. mattp1975

mattp1975 New Member