To Kill a Mockingbird
Bicycle Magazine
World Book Encyclopedia (vol. T)
All Alistair Maclean works
Michael Crichton books

kdelong said:
In no particular order:
1) Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse
Did you ever read Maugham's The Razor's Edge? - similar ballpark thematically.

stevecycles said:
4. Since getting into cycling, anything on the sport!
Tim Krabbe's The Rider is pretty obvious, but if you haven't read it yet, DO SO.

What about thrillers from Coben?

I've started to read much in this year, earlier - rarely.
Generally thrillers, I enjoy too from other.

1. "Tell No One" - Harlan Coben
2. "The Dice Man" - Luke Rhinehart

That second book is very, very good. It's about person, which him moves, words, life depends on the cubes. He does everything what the cube throw away. For example: rape, leave the wife and kids, and take in his son to game which one must hit the pal, steal something from mather. Very, very interesting book. It's a bit of psychology, too.

Just about everything written by Jeremy Clarkson. I reckon in a good few years from now he'll be remembered like Charles Dickens for his social commentary, Hunter S Thomson for wit, and Søren Kierkegaard for his impenetrablephilosophy. :rolleyes:

I don't think I could come up with a top ten list, even if I tried.

How about Kafka, Conrad, Dante... and any modern history (especially WWI and WWII) that I can get my hands on.

As I travel to the developing world quite a bit, I end up going through phases... for the time being I am re-reading The Great Game and anything and everything on the Armenian Genocide in the Ottoman Empire. Yes, a lot of time spent in the Caucasus lately!

As well as Nemesis - Battle for Japan by Max Hastings for pleasure.

No, I am not really normal. But I notice from the lists that others have provided that you most of you are weird too. :eek:

Powerful Pete said:
No, I am not really normal. But I notice from the lists that others have provided that you most of you are weird too. :eek:
I am taking that as a tremendous compliment. :D