Your favourite meal/recipe?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by limerickman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. burninglegs

burninglegs New Member

Try Ted's Montana Grill in your area. The beef is good.

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Nope. Bar none, the best beef in the world is in the Famous Carne Seca Plate, at El Charro's, in Tucson, AZ. According to Gourmet Magazine, it's "a taste explosion."

3. baker3

baker3 New Member

Sounds good :confused:

4. burninglegs

burninglegs New Member

I had this meal for Thanksgiving with an apple crisp a la mode for dessert.
    I was so full I couldn't hardly eat the next day.:)

5. rickmathew

rickmathew New Member

I love to have the Italian Pizza. Its taste is really good.

6. gman0482

gman0482 Member

For the holidays, I would love some carp. Back in Poland, we would buy a couple of them, fill up the bath tub, and let them swim around for a day before cooking them for Christmas supper.

7. DancenMacabre

DancenMacabre New Member

Favorite meal/recipe? All in DM's kitchen of course :D:D:D:D

A few faves:

Cotoletta alla Bolognese
    Agnello al vino bianco
    Chicken Tikka Masala
    Lamb Korma
    Kashmiri Naan
    Cajun Rice & Red Beans
    Beignets :eek::eek:

8. gooseberry

gooseberry New Member

Leftover Mex makes a good fast breakfast. Most often I eat old-fashioned oats w/ a handfull of raisins tossed in. cooks in about 3-4 mins w/ practice. Very inexpensive and is filling! Oats will give you more fuel than you might think, good for working outdoors in winter. You can prep it the night before and leave it on the stove ready to heat in the morning. The raisins will soak and plump up tender. Top with a little vanilla yogurt and needs no sweetener. Healthy.

9. hod65

hod65 New Member

like spagetti bol..you can chuck anything in with it ,including nuts corn anything diced etc...fry it up with olive oil :rolleyes:

10. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Homemade tiramisu. The recipe takes about 2.5 hours of work to get done, but it's well worth the effort.

11. reemasams

reemasams New Member

My favorite recipes are fried rice (butter and cashew) and marine fish curry. Before taking the meal I want some fresh fruits such as apple or grape. After meal I want a piece of sweet and 100 grams of curd.

12. MeleeAntoinette

MeleeAntoinette New Member

Anyone here like French cuisine in particuar? I recommend Evangeline in maine if you are ever in town.

13. 05c6400

05c6400 New Member

Dates with any kind of nuts....

14. Dansky

Dansky New Member

Okay, I'll throw my hat in the ring for French Cuisine. For years it's been my hobby to cook this type of food.

Two weeks ago I made braised duck with glazed shallots and honey sweet potatoes. Braised the duck parts au confit (in their own fat) slow and low. The finishing sauce was made from an all-day reduction of the duck stock, with added honey and red wine vinegar.

Hors d'oeuvres were made from a sliced french baguette topped with goat cheese, orange flower honey, and orange zest. Heat/melt in the oven and you're all set with a little frisee lettuce for garnish.

Chocolate mousse for dessert, then a little grand marnier for those guests that wanted it... like me.:D

15. maxcreigs

maxcreigs New Member

Doing a stew tomorrow.

Going to brown the beef first then pop it in with onion, chopped potatoes, carrots, tin toms, mushrooms, garlic and herbs etc. Think it will take 6 hours.

Hubby won't be home til gone 9pm so will put it on at lunch, have mine with my sons at teatime and reheat hubby's when home.

Should taste good with "posh" bread.

Last night I did meatballs and cooked them in the oven and did a tomato sauce on the hob but do you think in the future they'd be ok done in the SC with the tomato sauce (tin toms, onion, mushrooms, garlic) sat around them as the liquid?

16. waldowales

waldowales New Member

Changes from day to day. Yesterday I made a rice custard pudding, so that is my current favorite.

17. whuppingboy

whuppingboy New Member

I am rather partial to 2 x fish fish finger sandwiches,(3 fingers in each), little bit of butter and loads of tomato sauce.
    Also scrambled egg and cheese sandwiches with tomato sauce is very nice too...Hmmm
    Feel hungry reading all these ideas....:D:D

18. bajadock

bajadock New Member

My post-exercise treat is a fruit smoothie or shake. An ez one that has been around forever is oj+milk/egg and add ice into blender. I make mine thick enough to require
    a spoon.

19. decca234uk

decca234uk New Member

My all time favourite dinner is egg chips and beans with buttered bread. Unfortunately I can never have it because my wife thinks it's a poor man's meal. What a load of rubbish. I used to have it when I was kid and occasionally I visit a cafe and have it on very rare occasions. When my wife dishes up some wonderful culinary delight, I sometimes think to myself, a plate of egg and chips would go down better.

20. dwhitty

dwhitty New Member

My current favourite breakfast is sardines in tomato sauce on toast. It is easy to make and full of omega 3.
    My other half has produced some really good evening meals for me lately.
    She can do wonderful things with a courgette or two.:rolleyes: