Your favourite meal/recipe?

Isn't it interesting that most everyone's favorite meal is Italian and not French?

Mine: Pasta, steamed veggies, garlic and a splash of olive oil.

kaikane said:
Isn't it interesting that most everyone's favorite meal is Italian and not French?

Mine: Pasta, steamed veggies, garlic and a splash of olive oil.
I'm having trouble thinking of any french food, except snails and french bread, french toast, french fries...;)
Damn, now I'm hungry again. Time to break out the pasta.

I love a good pasta, especially with wild mushrooms. Of course, excellent bread and oil is a must. Plenty of fine coffee and a bit of chocolate for dessert.

I also love steak, especially prepared in a nice French restaurant!

My favorite meal of the day is always my first cup of coffee in the morning.

kaikane said:
what about 'french' fries? :rolleyes:

Lim, HP sause goes with everything. I dont mention it because it is always implied that the sausages are smothered with it.

Chance3290 said:
I'm having trouble thinking of any french food, except snails and french bread, french toast, french fries...;)
Damn, now I'm hungry again. Time to break out the pasta.
"French fries" were actually invented in Belgium - or so I've heard - go figure....

cyberlegend1994 said:
"French fries" were actually invented in Belgium - or so I've heard - go figure....
and only in America are they called 'french fries'..

err...go figure.

MountainPro said:
and only in America are they called 'french fries'..

err...go figure.
Italian... pasta ... anything
Just get creative, you really ... normally can't go wrong
Just made some home made alfredo with aspargus and mushrooms.
Tonight will be Stuffed Bell Peppers with a Tomatoish sauce with minced turkey
... good times.

Beef Wellington !

Anything with Wasabi on it.:D

Try this simple pasta dish. This is SOP in our house.
Add the following in small mixing bowl:
4 cloves of garlic chopped
1/3 cup of parsley
2/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano
add just enough extra virgin olive oil to form a paste or ball.

Add the above mixture to enough cooked (hot) Linguini to feed three or four.

You guys and gals who like Italian food should check out - 100 ways to be Pasta and\or Sicilian Home Cooking from Cangivecchio both books are by Wanda Tornabene.

Lw

limerickman said:
I was just wondering what folks favourite dish, might be?
What I mean is, if you had the choice of your favourite dish - what would that be?

I'll kick the topic off by saying that although I like dishes with steak, dishes with turkey and ham, dishes of roast beef, but my favourite meal would have to be Italian.

My preferred dish would be lasangne and/or tagliatelli.
So the ideal meal would be - location : native Italian restaurant : appetisser : caesar salad : main course : lasange/tagliatelli with garlic bread and olive oil, washed down by a nice house white wine : dessert : gelatto (ice cream) followed by copious amounts of coffee.

What's yours?
Well I'm married to an Italian, but she can't cook a steak and kidney pudding LOL. Thats got to be my fav recipe :)

Umm Huge Bowl oF Cherrios/Fuji Apple/Pomegranite Juice/Short Bread Cookies with Pecans! Mmmmmmmmm iM HUNGRY now! But I eat this meal like 4 timez a week

Anything Caribbean

Jamaican:Ackee and Saltfish, Jerk Pork fm Miami (Better than fm JA), Rundown (KingFish). Brown Chicken. Stew Peas. Curry Goat or Chicken. Rice and Peas Red Stripe, Mackenson Triple Stout

PuertoRican/Dominican; Fried Green Plantains (Tostones) sprinkled with Adobo. Codfish stewed in tomato and scrambled eggs. Red Kidney Beans and Rice. Papaya shake.Pit Roasted Pork. Arroz con gandules. Cafe con Leche and Flan. Ron Don Q and Coke (Cuba Libre)

Cuban; Congris, Ropa Vieja, Bistec Empanado, Mariquitas......

Also enjoy Thai , Vietnamese, Italian, American Southern, French, Mediterranean, Palestinian etcyesterday,I just had Shepherds Pie

....get the picture???

That is why I ride!

Ummmm...what's for lunch?

Mmm.. my husband cooks some amazing meals, but one of my favourites is a good rum steak or Rib eye steak with cheese sauce and chips. Sounds boring but the way he makes it... HEAVENLY!!

Your tastes are a little "privileged" for my college student budget... when I can afford it I go out, I don't cook... what foods I'm laying on the line are the sushi, take out chinese (general chicken w/ big serving of chow mein), and the classic gigantic burrito full of who knows what. The best eatin' in town for about 6 bucks. Now what I eat day to day is another story entirely... see if you can dig this:
raw oats w/ trail mix and milk (added sweet n low)
broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, red onions, and green beans microwaved w/ veri veri terriyaki sauce
tuna w/ mayo and BBQ sauce
Ezekiel's bread (9 organic sprouted grains)
Rosarita refried beans

Ok...here's one...
Sunday mid-morning, I did a hard solo 46 mile ride on a beautiful but relatively warm Floridian day. Got home starving, and I downed a half a bag of those lime flavored Tostito corn chips with AIA Hot Salsa and two Yeingling lagers. How about that for a post recovery meal??
Gotta feed those love handles!(very small ones, but eager to grow:D )
Of couse then I had lunch!

and Ice Cream:(

i think that is the best recover meal i have ever heard of.

i used to use a very similar one, two pints of Stella Artois and a large bag of Mesquite Kettle Chips.

Induray said:
Ok...here's one...
Sunday mid-morning, I did a hard solo 46 mile ride on a beautiful but relatively warm Floridian day. Got home starving, and I downed a half a bag of those lime flavored Tostito corn chips with AIA Hot Salsa and two Yeingling lagers. How about that for a post recovery meal??

Induray said:
Ok...here's one...

That's a good ride. I'm sure you'll burn off a few corn chips. Not familiar with Yeinling though.