Your favourite meal/recipe?

poweredbysweat said:
That's a good ride. I'm sure you'll burn off a few corn chips. Not familiar with Yeinling though.
I mispelled it. It's Yuengling (do you blame me?). The funny thing is that it is an American beer! (I first thought it was oriental). Their lager is quite good.
I am interested in trying that Stella Artois that MountainPro was mentioning about. Is a Belgian beer.

its a very good beer, premium strength..

its the biggest selling beer in the UK despite the fact that it is indeed Belgian. This is probably beacuse if its bad-boy, laddish image that it seems to have over here, i dont follow popular culture as a rule, but i do like this beer.

Induray said:
I am interested in trying that Stella Artois that MountainPro was mentioning about. Is a Belgian beer.

MountainPro said:
its a very good beer, premium strength..

its the biggest selling beer in the UK despite the fact that it is indeed Belgian. This is probably beacuse if its bad-boy, laddish image that it seems to have over here, i dont follow popular culture as a rule, but i do like this beer.

MP,

Now your talking; We all eventually get back to what's important in life; Food....Beer....Sex.....Travel! :D

Sex is next.

Kind regards,

Bluto

MountainPro said:
my favourite meal is 3 pork sausages, fried and on a buttered morning roll with a covering of HP brown sauce and a mug of tea with 3 sugars and milk...

i am a man of simple pleasures.

i am also partial to mexican food.
My wife makes a chicken enchilada dish that would drive you up the wall. Chicken with onions and peppers and whatever else she puts in there, covered with an incredible white sauce. It's joy on a plate.

I love chicken enchiladas, we have a mex resteraunt here that we use quite a lot. I order the enchiladas and the serving is massive. Washed down with a Corona or three...lurvely.

lehowe0 said:
My wife makes a chicken enchilada dish that would drive you up the wall. Chicken with onions and peppers and whatever else she puts in there, covered with an incredible white sauce. It's joy on a plate.

My tastes change, and what floats my boat depends on a number of things, time of day, what I've done. Currently my favorite is also the family favorite. I make homemade raisin bread from wheat I grind fresh from soft white wheat berries. I toast two slice and put sweet butter on them when done. Hits the spot.

It's gotta be something simple for me.

I love my home made food so I'll say either a nice bowl of chicken soup after a ride on a cold afternoon, or a bowl of bow tie pasta with caggabe sauteed in olive oil with some black pepper on those better days. The cabbage is sweet and the pasta gives you that extra jolt of carbs.

Hmm. That's a tough one. I love baked beans (my recipe, slow cooked in a bean pot), bacon cheese burgers, even a nice salad with some diced eggs. I would have to go with the American classic, a steak, with baked potato.

Hmm...Buffalo Wings. Period. I love hot wings so much. I especially Like TGI Friday's wings.

Blademun said:
Hmm...Buffalo Wings. Period. I love hot wings so much. I especially Like TGI Friday's wings.

Blademun,

I've heard that pigs may fly, but Buffalo? TGI Friday's wings? Do you mean Thank God its Friday and refer to the way you take flight for the weekend?

I'm puzzled. :confused:

Most of us don't actually mind the work. But we all hate the impact it has on our lives.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Blademun,

I've heard that pigs may fly, but Buffalo? TGI Friday's wings? Do you mean Thank God its Friday and refer to the way you take flight for the weekend?

I'm puzzled. :confused:

Most of us don't actually mind the work. But we all hate the impact it has on our lives.

Kind regards,
Buffalo Wings are actually whole chicken wings split to make smaller pieces, then deep fried and tossed in hot sauce and served with celery and bleu cheese dressing. They originated in Buffalo, New York, hence the name. TGI Friday's is a chain restaurant here in the states.

taylor.vaughn said:
Buffalo Wings are actually whole chicken wings split to make smaller pieces, then deep fried and tossed in hot sauce and served with celery and bleu cheese dressing. They originated in Buffalo, New York, hence the name. TGI Friday's is a chain restaurant here in the states.

TV,

Thanks for the info; It sounds like a variation on Szechuan Chicken which I used to like until one day........ :eek:

KInd regards,

We jus bought a smoker over the weekend, and our first tryout was a slow cooked Pork with:p Jerk seasoning. I am in love with my smoker.........shhhhh... don't tell my wife!

I guess my favourite meal would be my aunts eggplant souffle(sic?) It sounds like it'd be terrible but it's so yummmy! I can't cook so I won't try to give you all fod poisoning with anything I've ever made giving you a recipe

I enjoy the odd KFC...but these days...I make my own stuff....from tasty chicken kababs....right through to Indian curries....:)

limerickman said:
I was just wondering what folks favourite dish, might be?
What I mean is, if you had the choice of your favourite dish - what would that be?

Roast duck le"orange,rice roasties,gravy.i don't realy like the taste of alchol so i never drink during or after a meal,give me a strawberry milkshake instead.Followed by either a layered trifle (no sherry)or blueberry cheesecake.

treat_me said:
I enjoy the odd KFC...but these days...I make my own stuff....from tasty chicken kababs....right through to Indian curries....:)

TM,

Great stuff!! When's your next dinner party? Have hunger, will travel.....just about anywhere for a feed. :)

Kind regards,

An anchovy-covered pizza and a big salad. The anchovies guarantee that I'll get the whole pie for myself.