Your favourite meal/recipe?

Pendejo said:
An anchovy-covered pizza and a big salad. The anchovies guarantee that I'll get the whole pie for myself.

Pendejo,

It wouldn't work over this way......you know sugar and spice and all things nice?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Pendejo,

It wouldn't work over this way......you know sugar and spice and all things nice?

Kind regards,
I should have known you blokes would eat anything.

limerickman said:
I was just wondering what folks favourite dish, might be?
What I mean is, if you had the choice of your favourite dish - what would that be?

I'll kick the topic off by saying that although I like dishes with steak, dishes with turkey and ham, dishes of roast beef, but my favourite meal would have to be Italian.

My preferred dish would be lasangne and/or tagliatelli.
So the ideal meal would be - location : native Italian restaurant : appetisser : caesar salad : main course : lasange/tagliatelli with garlic bread and olive oil, washed down by a nice house white wine : dessert : gelatto (ice cream) followed by copious amounts of coffee.

What's yours?
Oh wow, My favorite dish: Let's start with a pot of boiling water and throw some stuff in.

1.) Yum, lets use some random Japanese Noodles of any kind.
2.) Add some white albacore tuna fish (strained of course).
3.) Oh yeah! And some frozen vegetables! i.e., asparagus, pees, green italian style beans, corn, etc. . .
4.) Add some bee pollen! One tea spoon. Yarm.
5.) Drain water, set back on stove.
6.) Squirt some soy sauce in the pot and throw 2 eggs in.
7.) Add some japanese fire chili sauce stuff (saracha? I forget).
8.) STIR!!!
9.) Take off heat, put in bowl, grab chop sticks, get beer out of fridge and eat. ; )

Woot,
I love this meal, makes you overly full, but will give you energy to do anything.

--
-duskins ; )
Ride. Live. Enjoy.

duskins said:
Take off heat, put in bowl, grab chop sticks, get beer out of fridge and eat. ; )

Woot,
I love this meal, makes you overly full, but will give you energy to do anything.

--
-duskins ; )
Ride. Live. Enjoy.

And is the beer just a garnish? Perhaps a table decoration?

Eat drink and be merry; For tomorrow we may diet!!

Kind regards,

I'd probably go with mexican as one of my favorites - fajitas and enchilladas come to mind (obvious from my lunch post!)

But also, its hard to beat a good filet... I'm not really a big lobster fan, but while visiting hawaii I had filet and lobster done teppenyaki(?) style and the chef cut up both and cooked them to the ultimate perfection - I don't think I've ever had filet or lobster that tender and cooked just right, plus the show was awesome.

Of course, its hard to beat good new york style pizza and a beer!!!

James Bruce Gil said:
And is the beer just a garnish? Perhaps a table decoration?

Eat drink and be merry; For tomorrow we may diet!!

Kind regards,
Well the beer is meant to be eaten of course. Every eats beer, right? : P

Cheers!

duskins said:
Well the beer is meant to be eaten of course. Every eats beer, right? : P

Cheers!

Australian beer is not that thick! Mind you there have been times, that I've been so thirsty, that I've nearly bitten the top off a beer.

Kind regards,

my wife just invented some amazing food...

okay, its rice with roast ham and massive prawns with peppers in a sweet chili and garlic sauce all mixed up.

gimme all your adresses and i'll stick some in an envelope so you can all taste it. its bloody amazing...

MountainPro said:
my wife just invented some amazing food...

okay, its rice with roast ham and massive prawns with peppers in a sweet chili and garlic sauce all mixed up.

gimme all your adresses and i'll stick some in an envelope so you can all taste it. its bloody amazing...

MP,

Great to hear.

Australia is a long way away and airmail is not the best, so just email mine to Huskey, and he can tell me what he thinks. It will only be a week old when he gets it.

Kind regards,

Moules et frites would have to top my list.

Preferably having the mussles in some sort of coconut milk based thai sauce, and the fries cut fresh and smothered in mayo!

For dessert: a glass of Gulden Draak beer. If you've had it, then you'd understand.

fiend said:
Moules et frites would have to top my list.

Preferably having the mussles in some sort of coconut milk based thai sauce, and the fries cut fresh and smothered in mayo!

For dessert: a glass of Gulden Draak beer. If you've had it, then you'd understand.

Fiend

Understand profoundly, why you like the appreciate the mussels and chips.

Not so sure about the mayonaise. Never had Gulden Draak, but guess I would have it as an apperative, to accompany the meal and for desert as well.

Kind regards,

That would be the mexican style rice my mom taught me to make.

Long grain rice browned in oil and butter, add onions, tomatoes, tomato sauce, a touch of garlic and simmer in chicken broth.

Now matter how much I make, I will eat it all in one day!:p

mine has to be turkish yoghurt soup, with ricotta and spinach raviolli.
its meant to be made with meatballs, but im a herbivore so ive had to adapt. i think ive improved it immensely!
its an old recipe handed down from my great great grandma to great grandma to grandma to mum to me.
tastes like youve spent 5 hours in the kitchen to make it (it only takes 20 minutes) and can be eaten hot or cold, but is ridiculously good in winter. with some crunchy toasted garlic-rubbed bread slices.

other than that, some nice expensive cheeses with a nice expensive red and some water crackers never goes astray... though you feel like a whale the next day!

My favourite meal would have to be chicken with rice, garlic-basil tomato sauce, and garlic bread. That's sort of my weekly meal that I can't get enough of. If anyone wants the recipe I'll be glad to post it up here for you.

I have a recipe I can share for now though, it's great for those that like pizza. Take a fresh sandwich bun and cut it in half. Then take Trader Giotto's fat free Pizza Sauce and spread it as you like. I prefer to have plenty of it instead of too much cheese. Then apply garlic powder and garlic salt a bit over the sauce. Sprinkle on any type of parmesan cheese followed with Mrs Dash Seasoned Blend (optional). Apply fresh shredded mozzrella cheese over this as you like and finish with Mrs Dash Extra Spicy and a tiny finger sprinkle of cinnamon powder. Cook in a toaster oven until golden brown.

This is very good and not very fattening. Eating this often along with drinking plenty of water I managed to lose 73 pounds in 6 months a long while back when I was overweight. It's very good, great for parties, and quite fullfilling.

You can buy it at ...

* Trader Giotto's Fat Free Pizza Sauce at Trader Joe's
* Mrs Dash seasoning products at basically any grocery store available

Love pizza, but wouldn't call it my favorite. For the nutritional "setback," I usually prefer other options.

In general, love Italian food. Pretty much any pasta, but a Chicken, Pesto, and Pine Nuts w/ Linguine is probably #1. Throw in a nice Chianti Classico, and all is right with the world.

Post ride, however, I'm a huge Sushi guy. Usually 2 Rainbow Rolls coupled with 1 Spicy Tuna, and I can move on with my day.

I noticed there weren't many Sushi guys out there so far - is it just not a favorite, or is that a "California" trend?

im going to name random foods i want at this moment. I love anything italian- a great meal would be Bruschetta then lasagna or chicken alfredo for dinner then a canolli (sp?) i also like sushi/sashimi im a newbie but everything ive had tastes good. crab/lobster is also good. You cant forget a big rare or medium rare steak.

My Homemade cheese and tomato pizza is my current favourite. It doesnt take long to prepare and cook, the dough comes together without any sticking and best of all it tastes great.

Heres the recipe I'm not sure about the exact ammounts though:

1 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup olive oil + water 30:70
1/2 tsp salt

Cheddar or Mozerella cheese
Tomato Puree
Oregano

Set the oven at 180C. Put the flour, oil, water and salt into a bowl and need into a dough. Roll out the base making sure its as thin as you can get it. Then spread a tin layer of tomato puree, sprincle a little oregano on and grate on the cheese. Put in the oven for about 12 minutes but be carefull not to overcook.

Well thats the recipe I made last night and I think it tastes great.

Ben Jones

Edit: Hmm maybe this is not what this thread is about nevermind. For what its worth though I would order this or another pizza in a restaurant.

Fresh Maine Lobster served in fresh cream bisque made with fresh cream from a Wisconsin dairy farm...a nice rare Kansas City strip from a Nebraska cattle ranch served with a Idaho baked potato and fresh Iowa sweet corn. Michigan cherry pie for dessert.

I know...the seasons are all wrong...but a guy can dream, can't he?

Well I'm from Greece, so a greek cottage salad will frequently accompany my main course.
Filled tomatoes & peppers with rise (oven-baked) is a favourite and extra healthy main course. An extra piece of feta cheese is essential.

Also octopus roasted on charcoals and poured with olive oil + vinegar (or lemon juice) is a very delicious appetizer and accompanies ouzo.
If you find any echinus in extra clean/rocky waters try to eat it (the inside :p) just with a twist of lemon or as it is. Tasty and full of health.

For a fast meat (pork) meal one/two Pita with Gyros, potatoes, tomato and tzatziki (+ mustard & ketchup if u like) is also a great choice. (healthier way: instead of gyros put souvlaki)

For ceremonies/fests etc, where u dont care about ur cholesterol levels, lamb on roasting jack (sorry if I my parlance isnt right) with rise (and lots of other stuff) filling is
icon14.gif

But, ofcourse italian pastas have a special place on my diet programme :)