Your favourite meal/recipe?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by limerickman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. kaikane

kaikane New Member

Love sushi, sashimi...
    but not usually after a ride. I'd eat too much and it would cost me a fortune. Plus the best sushi place here is in the middle of my ride rather than at the end of it.

2. James Bruce Gil

James Bruce Gil New Member

I go in cycles; (No pun intended).

Try this one:

Thai Style Marinade.

For 1 kg of beheaded and shelled green king prawns, (Large shrimp to some). (Note: If you leave the last tail sector of shell on the prawns 2kg complete green prawns makes very close to 1 kg of prepared prawns).

1/2 cup of olive oil
    1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
    1/4 cup of Fish Sauce
    1/4 cup of sweet chilli sauce
    2 teaspoons of sugar
    2 Cloves of garlic Crushed; (If you like garlic use more).
    Thinly sliced fresh or dried chilli to taste. (Two very small dried chillies is to my taste).
    ground pepper to taste.

Shake mixture vigorously in jar and pour over prawns and leave in a covered container for twenty four hours in refridgerator, stirring occasionally when convenient.

Cook on hot plate such as Barbeque or Teppanyaki plate as quickly as possible turning once. Serve while hot with a little of reduced marinade from pan or barbecue plate, drizzled over prawns.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! ;)

Serve with steamed rice as part of a multi-dish meal.

Kind regards,

3. Boycey

Boycey New Member

Lasagne, garlic bread and salad, (*drools*) 'nuff said. :D

I also love pasta. Yeah, i know lasagne is made with pasta too but i live on spaghetti, tagliatelle, etc. I like it because it tastes great and it's just about the easiest food there is to make. You can't get it wrong (plus pasta sauces are always fun, just stick loads of stuff in a pan and see what it tastes like, it's easy to get the hang of ;)).

4. wiggles

wiggles New Member

Breakfast:
    Some good old oatmeal. Make it with some milk instead of water, and use either honey or maple syrup as a sweetener. It's divine.

Lunch:
    I'm partial to salads for lunch, especially with a lot of fruit. So, maybe some iceburg and romaine, with some diced mango or apple. Throw in some shavings of parmesean cheese and some grapes. Finish it off with a nice raspberry vinagrette, or some lite italian dressing if you're not into too many fruits.

Toss in a roll, and you've got a nice meal.

Dinner:
    I live in a house with people who party a lot. So, I like to scout out the house, and find a beer or two. Then I take a chicken breast, put a little bit of butter or some margarine in a pan, and throw in the chicken. Pour in a good bit of the beer, and some garlic powder, mexican oregano, red pepper - season however you'd like. Cooking with alcohol tends to amplify whatever seasonings you use, plus give a nice malty flavor (if you use beer).

For veggies, throw in another small salad, and some green beans. I'm not a huge fan of starchy foods, so you'll have to find them elsewhere ;)

Dessert:
    A tiny bit of guinness drizzled over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Try it if you don't believe me.

5. Unbelievably

Unbelievably New Member

Domburi and domburi variations.

It is the easiest Japanese dish to make.
    The secret is being able to find a good sauce to dress it...:rolleyes:

A friend of mine has a slaughter house.
    He has turned me on to eating ground horse burgers...stamina food...;)

6. wiggles

wiggles New Member

Be careful eating horse. Most human vaccines are made using horses, and eating too much meat can lower their effects on your body. Thats the number 1 reason why people don't eat horse more often (besides the whole 'pretty ponies' thing).

7. gc_rick

gc_rick New Member

it would have to be fire roasted iguana with coconut sauce and boiled casava root. no joke!

8. James Bruce Gil

Well, Well,

Every now and then we meet a really ecology conscious cyclist. It makes an old man deleriously happy!!!

The casava root and coconut sauce I understand and I suppose some islanders need protein pretty badly, but :rolleyes:

Kind regards,

9. Unbelievably

Unbelievably New Member

Any referances or links?

10. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

pasta, pizza and rice noodles?

nah, what about some boiled sheep guts, brain parts and eyeballs all serves up in a pigs bowel.

Haggis is the only food for me.

11. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

You are a very, very hard man. :eek: ;)

12. therapyLane6346

therapyLane6346 New Member

Anything that is:(a) shrimped, (b)deepfried, (c) sauced. For instance: Saysuan Prawns. The best!!!!!

13. James Bruce Gil

MP,

Ecologically sustainable......Waste not, want not!!!

Some how I feel the maggots are being deprived.

KInd regards,

14. James Bruce Gil

TL,

Not too bad at all.

Kind regards,

15. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

16. therapyLane6346

therapyLane6346 New Member

U been watching too much of teh hot super sexy girls. This food is the bombs DUDE. Shrimp + [almost anything] = teh bestz. or maybe you just havn't tasted all this stuff yet

17. James Bruce Gil

MP,

I certainly don't. Offal is awful!!! I just don't understand how a Piper makes it better. :confused:

Kind regards,

18. Rockslayer

Rockslayer New Member

I had some black and some white pudding once while in Ireland, boy that was tasty. I've eaten stewed offal quite a few times, I could still tell what the bits were none of the ground up stuff.

I heard there was a nice Rat resturant in China..yum.. haha.. farmed Dog is also on many menus there...but I not game to try. I'd be more disturbed if someone ate my pet chickens. [​IMG]

19. James Bruce Gil

Rock,

I saw both dog and rat in the markets in Hanoi, but like you I didn't go for it.

When I was in China on one occasion I had to eat Scorpian, as I would have offended my hosts if I didn't, since it is considered a delicacy and only provided as an honour; I found it to be quite a nutty taste, but fortunately, it was rationed out and I wasn't offered a second round of it. :eek:

Kind regards,

20. Lester Loh

Lester Loh New Member

Hey guys, what about food that boost your energy level before/after ride?

I would say pasta and potatoes give me the real energy booster before ride and of course energy drinks for recovery after ride. What say you??