Your favourite meal/recipe?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by limerickman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. lwedge

lwedge New Member

Abbondanza!

I love Italian food, so I will join you for dinner. The house wine this restaurant would serve would certainly be a Pinot Grigio. Very nice wine, with just a slight flavor or peach and pear but not sweet at all. I might add some regional cheeses (goat-sheep) and I might opt for a Sangiovese rather than the Pinot Grigio in the winter months. Santé !

One thing I might add........ My wife makes an absolutely wonderful (5 Stars) Beef Wellington. Guess what's for Christmas dinner ?

lw

2. JuneBug

JuneBug New Member

3. lwedge

lwedge New Member

At'a girl !

Does he become the New York Times food critic when you take him out to a nice restaurant ? :D

Most cooking enthusiasts I know seem to critique every meal when dinning out. You are a lucky one if he doesn't.

4. JuneBug

JuneBug New Member

5. sk8ar

sk8ar New Member

Yes pizza is the best !!
    Home mixed tomato, than ORIGANO than tons of cheese than ORIGANO than 15min on 200°c and that some more of ORIGANO

MLJASK ;)

6. James Bruce Gil

James Bruce Gil New Member

7. bujes

bujes New Member

I like eating Lemon Meringue Pie. It is tasteful and easy to make. My mother-in-law make the best lemon meringue pie.

8. zigoat

zigoat New Member

After a long ride i pig out on tuna fish and tv dinners. usually three or four.
    (I know its sad and pathetic)

9. Aaron H

Aaron H New Member

Anything thats not out of a packet, I had no cooker in my current house when I first moved in for 3 months as I was skint and ended up living on microwave meals, not eaten one since.

My favourite though is Chilli (my style), made with chunky veg and great big pieces of fresh turkey or chicken, I'm starting to do a 'Homer' drool just thinking about it ............... agggggghhhhh ........... chillllllliiiiiiiiiii

Mentioning Homer, I've just remembered I love jam doughnuts too, but they're just plain dangerous, I can never eat just one so I have to stay away from them for fear of pigging out on a box of 10 ............... agggggghhhhh ........... doughnuts

10. James Bruce Gil

AH,

Chilli certainly goes well with chicken and turkey. Jam donuts are really not my thing though.

Now don't forget the beer, since we're on to these things! I just love that Duff .....oops! ....... stuff, I meant to say. :eek:

Kind regards,

11. Rockslayer

Rockslayer New Member

I cured myself of eating doughnuts by eating as much as I can in one sitting. Krispy Kremes seem the be the thing these days so I one day I sat there with 2 dozen managed about 6-7 and felt like I wanted to barf afterwards and gave the rest away...could never touch them again.:eek: Dont think I've touched any doughnuts since or had any cravings. Lucky I dont have a sweet tooth anyways.

12. James Bruce Gil

Rockslayer,

I have never been able to understand the hype about Krispy Kremes. I'd rather a Crown Lager anyday. :)

Kind regards,

13. Rockslayer

Rockslayer New Member

Agreed, it's all hype for a bit of dough fried and saturated in lard and coated again in sugar. ( another chain invading our shores delivering obesity to our nation to the unweary )

14. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

+1 on the Krispy Kremes ..... I can't see the attraction.

As for favourite meal - panfried chicken livers (pan deglazed with brandy), accompanied by caramelised onions, mashed tatties and a green salad. Yum!

15. Aussie_Girl87

Aussie_Girl87 New Member

Hmm hard choice but I'd say either Italian or Chinese food

16. Vino

Vino New Member

A seafood linguine, with mussels lining the dish, pasta with red sauce, and shrinp and scallops. Mmmmmm, Belissimo!

17. James Bruce Gil

A_G87,

You wouldn't starve to death just about anywhere then? Do you like chilli?

Kind regards,

18. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

2 meals for me.

1) Garlic Shrimp (gambas ajillo) which my wife learned to make when I was stationed in Spain. ( a long time ago).

2) Fried chicken the way my late mother used to make. She fried it in Crisco shortening (old school) and made a delicious gravy with the drippings and would pour it over rice. When I get to heaven I am going to ask her to make it for me. :)
    My wife tried to duplicate the gravy but it didn't turn out well. The end result was it clogged up the sink when we threw it away. :D

I am afraid that making gravy is a lost art.

Doug

19. James Bruce Gil

Doug,

Garlic prawns in the Spanish style is very good; Perhaps even a little nicer if you add a little chilli.

Fried chicken is tasty and gravy is great, but I'm not so sure of the Crisco.

All mothers go to heaven, and we sons would love to join them.

There is an old saying that, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and what hangs from it".

Unfortunately, most of us blokes will go to hell, since the ladies we prefer to chase usually can't cook, but are better sports and so appeal to that other appendage. These sporting lasses probably also head in that direction since its innevitably going to much more fun there.

Well that's probably my fate at least. :p

Kind regards,

20. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

I will have to remember the chili powder. By the way, I can't argue about
    your philosophy on the other appendage. But as I get older and slow down,
    I enjoy food a lot more.....