Your favourite meal/recipe?

Generally Sushi or Sashimi. Although for some reason I am on a soup kick as of late - don't know why, but for some reason all I feel like lately is soup.

surgtech1956 said:
Anyone have any good vegetarian recipes?
Oven roasted chunks of Pumpkin, Potatoes, sweet corn, Sweet Potato, Eggplant marinated in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Seasalt and a sprinkle of chilli powder. :D

Never eat anything bigger than your head, luckily I have a large head!
My favourite has got to be the meal I had almost every night when we went to ride Alp d'huez. We stayed at Chalet Michelle in Venosc and had our evening meals down in the local hotel restaruant.
We had Pave steak with gratin dauphinose and seasonal vedge and a bottle of local rose to go with it! Awesome .
I'm drooling onto my keyboard!!!!

butcher said:
Never eat anything bigger than your head, luckily I have a large head!
My favourite has got to be the meal I had almost every night when we went to ride Alp d'huez. We stayed at Chalet Michelle in Venosc and had our evening meals down in the local hotel restaruant.
We had Pave steak with gratin dauphinose and seasonal vedge and a bottle of local rose to go with it! Awesome .
I'm drooling onto my keyboard!!!!

Butcher,

I think the saying is "never eat anything bigger than your hand"; Which if taken in to the flexible end would mean that your entree should ne no bigger than your hand, your main course should be no more than your hand in volume and neither should your desert. Or perhaps no snack should be bigger than your hand.

Unfortunately, I think the volume in the saying relates to your major daily food intake all up!!

Given that the average human cranium is about 11.4 kg I suppose its a more attractive saying. Though, I'm not sure that I could ever eat that much in a week let alone a meal!

Kind regards,

Wow, thank heavens you're on this thread , because obviously I was totally serious and always eat things the same size as my head every meal time!!
No wonder my bike cries every time I sit on it!
James Bruce Gil said:
Butcher,

I think the saying is "never eat anything bigger than your hand"; Which if taken in to the flexible end would mean that your entree should ne no bigger than your hand, your main course should be no more than your hand in volume and neither should your desert. Or perhaps no snack should be bigger than your hand.

Unfortunately, I think the volume in the saying relates to your major daily food intake all up!!

Given that the average human cranium is about 11.4 kg I suppose its a more attractive saying. Though, I'm not sure that I could ever eat that much in a week let alone a meal!

Kind regards,

breakfast -- "Godfather" omelet, made w/ just about every good veggie ever put on a pizza; a diner in Kankakee, IL, does them right.

lunch -- bourbon and/or blackened chicken, pulled and chunked bite-size, with a side of sauteed cabbage greens, green tea.

dinner -- NY strip steak, med/well, baked potato w/ butter/sc, caesar salad side and cappucino.

treat -- 20 buffalo wings w/ blue cheese dip & celery.

there are others, but these top the list.

Oy, now I'm starving ya'll...

I can't narrow my favorites down to one, so I'll just ramble them off...

• Fetticini (I can't spell today...) Alfredo, with slices of mushrooms and spinach added on, and a good salad
  • Chicken tenders and fries, served with a good honey mustard dressing for dipping
  • Grilled Steak, medium well, baked beans, and a healthy dose of A1 Sauce
  • Freshly made Margharita Pizza, with wonderful amounts of basil (Oy, I love basil...) This would have to be my favorite amongst them all.
For dessert, if I was going all out, it'd be chocolate something, pudding or other. But lately, with all the fresh fruit in season, I've been enjoying fresh strawberries and blueberry yogurt.

I don't drink anymore really, but I love Michalobe beer (Yes, I'm a cheap drunk), and jamaican rums. I once had a foreign beer that I can't remember if it was german or belgum, but the guy squeeze a lemon into the glass before pouring it, and it was absolutly WONDERFUL! If I could find that beer again, I'd buy some and start drinking again!

Meal- anything from PF Changs, especially Changs spicy chicken or Honey shrimp!

Dessert- ugh I am a sucker here, practically anything. Girl Scout Cookies, cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, and banana pudding!

Daydrummer said:
Fetticini (I can't spell today...) Alfredo, with slices of mushrooms and spinach added on, and a good salad
FETTUCCINE thanks, but Fettuccine Alfredo is a variant of a man called Alfredo, it's not a tipycal italian dish. :D

Freshly made Margharita Pizza
MARGHERITA ;) it's pronounced something like "Maar-gay-ree-ta"... how do you pronounce it down there? :eek:

Perhaps my favourite 1st course is tagliatelle (similar to fettuccine) with bunny ragù or with wild boar ragù; my favourite 2nd course is perhaps oven roasted sea bream with cherry-tomatoes, rosemary and capers.

My favourite sweet is the tiramisù! I love it! (ok I'm not a pro' ALSO for that...)

I havnt seen it mentioned, but Chicago style pizza is perhaps the greatest meal on the planet. I urge you all to experience it for yourselves. Probably not the greatest pre-ride meal, but a damn good finisher. If you like all things Chicago style I recommend this site: http://www.tastesofchicago.com you can have your favorite Chicago style foods shipped to you!! Go with the deep dish and italian beef......damn, I am hungry.

WIGGUM1 said:
I havnt seen it mentioned, but Chicago style pizza is perhaps the greatest meal on the planet. I urge you all to experience it for yourselves. Probably not the greatest pre-ride meal, but a damn good finisher. If you like all things Chicago style I recommend this site: http://www.tastesofchicago.com you can have your favorite Chicago style foods shipped to you!! Go with the deep dish and italian beef......damn, I am hungry.

WIGGUM,

Looks OK, but they don't deliver over here. Mores the pity because it looks like it would go well with a Crwn Lager.

Kind regards,

Sikhandar said:
Perhaps my favourite 1st course is tagliatelle (similar to fettuccine) with bunny ragù or with wild boar ragù; my favourite 2nd course is perhaps oven roasted sea bream with cherry-tomatoes, rosemary and capers.

My favourite sweet is the tiramisù! I love it! (ok I'm not a pro' ALSO for that...)
Grande! Sugo di lepre makes me a happy, happy boy. But spaghetti alla gricia are worth the extra five kilos per meal also. :D

Powerful Pete said:
Grande! Sugo di lepre makes me a happy, happy boy. But spaghetti alla gricia are worth the extra five kilos per meal also. :D

PP,

Pasta of any sort is great! But with beer or red wine it is just fantastic!

Kind regards,