Your favourite meal/recipe?

I used to have lots of favorites but recently they seem to be harmful to my health so I'm trying to refrain from some of them.

I like Chicken 65, it’s the best chicken dish as far as I concern.

Ingredients:
[FONT=&quot]• 2 lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 1 tsp All spice, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom
• 1-1/2 tsp Garlic paste
• 1 -1/2 tsp Ginger paste
• 2 tsp Red chillies powder
• 2 tsp All-purpose flour
• 1 Egg
• 4 Drops food colouring, red
• 2 Cups yoghurt
• 12 Green chillies
• 2 tsp Corn flour
• 3 tsp Lime juice
• Vegetable oil for frying
• Salt to taste
• Onions, for garnishing
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now make Chicken 65[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]01 Take a bowl and mix corn flour, all purpose flour, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, egg, all spice and salt to thick batter. [/FONT]

02 [FONT=&quot]Add water if essential. [/FONT]
03 [FONT=&quot]Add chicken pieces to the batter and marinate for about one hour. [/FONT]
04 [FONT=&quot]Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till they turn golden. [/FONT]
05 [FONT=&quot]Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till they turn golden and [/FONT]  [FONT=&quot] fried chicken pieces, slit chillies, yogurt, red color and salt if desired. [/FONT]

06 [FONT=&quot]Fry for about 4 to 5 minutes and remove it from the heat[/FONT].
07 [FONT=&quot]Now add lime juice, mix well and garnish it with onions.[/FONT]

hope you will enjoy it too.

Fave: Grilled flank steak with herb and mushroom saute; whipped red sweet potatoes with sour cream and chopped onion, aspargus with a white Bearnaise sauce, fresh french bread sliced and oven toasted with butter, garlic and Italian seasonings. I am liking several Pinot Noirs and don't have a partixcular favorite. I grill the flank steak and roast the asparagus in my chimnea using Eucalyptus wood and not over gas or conventional charcoal; the wood coals burn very hot and smokey and the meat absolutely melts.

When my partner was racing at the collegiate level, i would cook up a huge batch of country casserole usking ground Turkety, tomatoes, lots of onion, noodles, lots of spices, you get the picture. Very savory comfort food. The whole team would stop by on their way back after their ride and eat up 5 quarts of this.

I don't even pretend to be a racer anymore so I don't have to pretend to like only "healthy food" anymore:

The dinner of retired champions

4 shots Scotch Whiskey- straight up, no water, no ice no soda.
4 ounces dark bitter chocolate or 4 Oz of cheddar cheese
1 small apple

Alternate one shot Scotch with one once of chocolate or cheese then cleanse your palate with the apple but don't do this and either drive or ride a bike afterwards for some time.:rolleyes:

For some reason I've started eating blueberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese like crazy. Soooo good.

well since my wife is italian, i been having her make some italian dishes for me,pasta fruti de mare,camprese,caparchio beef,pasta aribiata,fish,paninos,and a few other simple but light dishes.
dont get me wrong i do enjoy some mexican ceviche and a shrimp cocktail once in a wile.

since i cut out the greasy,fried foods, and heavy meets like pork, i feel alot better.
just have to stick with it

2 lb Maine Lobster, tons of melted butter, rice pilaf, Blue Moon Belgian White, home made ice cream. As a matter of fact, I will be in Maine in a month and will eat this for 6 nights straight. Then i will come home and ride my azz off to lose the 10 lbs I gained form eating all of this.:eek:

My favorite recipe is Chicken Cacciatore:

Ingredients:
4 chicken leg portions
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and cut into very thin wedges
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
sprig of fresh thyme
sprig of fresh rosemary
150ml / 1/4 pint dry white wine
200ml / 7 fl oz chicken stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
40g / 1 1/2 black olives, pitted
15g / 1/2 oz capers, drained
salt and freshly ground black pepper
freshly cooked fettuccine, linguine or pasta shells
Method:

1. Skin the chicken portions and cut each one into two pieces to make four thighs and four drumsticks.
  2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a flameproof casserole and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve.
  3. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil to the juices in the pan. Add the red onion and gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes until soft and beginning to brown. Return the chicken to the pan.
  5. Add the herbs, then pour in the wine and let it bubble for 1-2 minutes. Add the stock and tomatoes, cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
  6. Stir in the olives and capers. Cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce thickened. Remove the herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
  7. Place the chicken on a bed of pasta, allowing one thigh and one drumstick per person. Spoon over the sauce and serve.

Provided that we move away from food and comfort in addition to something you can not have all day, I did side with the Italian theme Limerick. But in my case, an authentic Italian bruschetta topped with sun-dried tomatoes or pesto or as an aperitif.

Thai red curry with vegetables over brown rice.

This is my own version because it's how I like it :cool:
Thai red curry paste* (about 2 Tablespoons)
Coconut milk 1-2 cans (serves 2-4 people)
1-2 Zucchini Sliced 1/4 inch thick
1-2 carrots julienned
1-2 red or green bell peppers
1-4 thai chiles
1-2 stalks of lemongrass*(cut into small chunks that will later be removed)
a few lime leaves*
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter (secret ingredient... yumm)
a bit of brown sugar to taste (1-2 Tablespoons... just brings out the flavor a bit... but don't make it too sweet)

Saute the vegetables until they are al dente to firm... and add them to the curry last so they don't turn into mush.
Simmer the coconut milk, curry paste, peanut butter, brown sugar, lime leaves and lemongrass for a while until hot and the flavor comes together (about 20-30 minutes)
When the curry is ready... add the vegetables and simmer for a few more minutes so they can soak up some flavor.
If you prefer to add meat... feel free to add shrimp, fish, chicken, or beef. Cook it up separately and add it at the last minute and simmer with the veggies... but if you add shrimp be careful not to cook it for too long. Saute it til almost done and simmer it for a few minutes in the sauce.
Serve over white or brown rice... or also is good over chow mein or lo mein noodles. Enjoy!

* can be purchased at most Asian specialty markets but a good one is 99 Ranch Market

Favourite meal is breakfast.

Saute in olive oil onions, broccoli, zucinni, portabella mushrooms, and peppers until all are tender.
In a seperate pan heat a little more olive oil and add a half cup of eggbeaters. As the egg beaters begin to cook add saute'd veggies. Flip over omlet and add a slice of your favourite cheese.
Eat as a to go sandwich on two slices of multigrain bread with a thick slice of tomato.
This will keep you full right up until lunch time.:cool:

A big bowl of Apple Jacks w/ skim milk, and a big 32oz or so Diet Mountain Dew on the side.

Scratch made Tacos. Old family recipe. Very secret, only shared with blood kin.

Sorry, all I can do is tease you with a picture and take the beating that will follow.:D

41853630.jpg

33629209.jpg

Making the tortillas.

48349866.jpg

It takes about six hours to make fifty if you stay with it steady.

The family can eat about two hundred in a sitting.