Your favourite music video of all time

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Out on my spin on Saturday, I happened to meet up with several members of Kanturk CC.
I asked if they minded my tagging along - and they said no problem.

The topic of discussion among the chaingang was - "what is the best music video of all time".

Several very interesting answers - so i thought that I would ask the Forum :

Among the selections discussed were :

1. Any ZZ Top video

2. Peter Gabriel "Sledgehammer".

3. Paul McCartney "Pipes of Peace".

3. Mike & the Mechanics "Living Years".

4. Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love" (the women in black playing guitar).

5. Britney Spears "Hit me baby one more time"

6. Talking heads "Road to nowhere"

Honourable mentions went to : Human league "Don't you want me baby",
Duran Duran "Rio" "Girls on film", Ultravox "Vienna".

My own selection : any Madness video (very funny), John Fogarty "The Old Man down the road" (mid-1980's), Sledgehammer by peter Gabriel, Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd.

Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
Actually most of his videos since "Thriller" have been very stylish.
Limerickman...I gotta agree with your choice of John Fogarty too......top notch!

baj32161 said:
Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
Actually most of his videos since "Thriller" have been very stylish.
Limerickman...I gotta agree with your choice of John Fogarty too......top notch!

I can't believe that someone else can actually remember the Fogarty video!
I am amazed at that - because anyone I've ever mentioned this to, say
"wha'?".

Nice one 32161.

limerickman said:
I can't believe that someone else can actually remember the Fogarty video!
I am amazed at that - because anyone I've ever mentioned this to, say
"wha'?".

Nice one 32161.
LOL!! I am a huge fan of Creedence CLearwater Revival and Fiogarty. Unlike his later stuff "The Old Man Down The Road" brought back that old "swamp rock" sound I loved so much back in the day. Every time I hear the guitar intro my feet just start to tappin'.

limerickman said:
The topic of discussion among the chaingang was - "what is the best music video of all time".
AC/DC's jail break is a classic :)

steve said:
AC/DC's jail break is a classic :)
I am actually quite fond of the Peez people video...NOT!!!!

I would have to actually say that the video for the hit Mudvayne song "Happy" is pretty fricking awesome. The animation studio that did the tornado segments is the same company that did the tornado scenes from the movie "Twister".

Awesome song as well. A kisk ass band if you like heavy metal/alternative bands.

Mudvayne

I think that I have to go for 'any ZZ Top video' and Robert Palmer gets the honorable mention for 'Addicted to Love'. :rolleyes:

Y'all probably aren't into country music, but one of my favorites is Brad Paisley's "I'm Going to Miss Her (the Fishing Song)"...

Hilarious...

*puts on flame-proof gear*

Music videos wow there's a lot of them to like. All these videos you guys mentioned are good. I'm drawing a blank. If I can watch it more than two or three times in a row than I love it. They are like visual stories. ZZ top is great music and their videos are cool because its the bearded guys, hot chicks, and cars. So I agree on that one. I think all the old school videos from the 80's are the best because thats when videos were on the rise. Now there are some but not as good as the first ones. Like when MTV was first getting going. "Video Killed the Radio Star"

I've got quite a few that are favourites of mine.

Oasis - Supersonic

Audioslave - Show Me How to Live

Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'till You Get Enough

And finally;
Simple Plan - Addicted

My tastes in music videos have changed over time. But here's a short list of the most memorable ones for me:
  • Daft Punk - Technologic
  • Ministry - Stigmata
  • Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
  • Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
  • Die Antwoord - Pitbull Terrier
I think most of the above videos appealed to me because they really stood out and there was something cutting-edge about them.

Damien Lee said:
My tastes in music videos have changed over time. But here's a short list of the most memorable ones for me:
  • Daft Punk - Technologic
  • Ministry - Stigmata
  • Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
  • Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
  • Die Antwoord - Pitbull Terrier
I think most of the above videos appealed to me because they really stood out and there was something cutting-edge about them.
Come To Daddy I found to be a pretty funny music video as in that face is just crazy looking haha.

Technologic is a great song but I can never get into Daft Punks music videos for some reason.