Your Favourite Place You Cycle To?

If I want a quicky, I would go to the centre of my town, circle around the park for some time (since the park is not that big), and go back home. It is approximately 4km one day, meaning 8km both ways.

I lived in quite a few places in my life and I always enjoyed the urban and rural exploration aspect of cycling. Checking out a map before heading out of town and just trying to see where you'll end up in is really exciting.

I had a few favorite places to ride to. Santa Monica shore was really good one. A little sight seeing on the way. Crash on the beach. Haven't done that in awhile. I actually enjoy city areas more than I thought I would. Looking at all the shops and businesses on the way that you don't usually notice while riding in a car.

When it comes to favourite places to ride, a lot also depends on what country your lucky enough to live in, and while a lot of countries do have scenic places to ride, actually getting to them by bicycle is the issue.

Here in the UK there's are a lot of cycle paths out in the country, but biking holidays are becoming more popular because it's impossible to get to them by bike. You often have to attach the cycle racks or trailers and drive to the areas before you can ride them, and for a lot of people it's too much trouble, especially if you just want a day out on the bike, so they'll tend to just stick to the areas around where they live.

I like to ride to Merchants Mill Pond in NC from my home in SE Va., and then there is this nice little town called Surry, Va, The road to Surry is loaded with hills, so it makes for a nice training ride if I can't get to the mountains, which for me is a 170 mile drive, a drive I don't want to do every weekend.

I'm also not really a fan of having to drive before I can cycle either to be honest. While there are some decent trails and mountain regions around here, they're not ideal so anything decent and I do have to drive.

With it being the UK it's never really all that far though I guess, so that's a bonus.

Well if you factor in convenience, and by that I mean the place that I get to go to the most that I really enjoy going, it is this deserted road about two miles away from me and for some reason it relaxes me and I love the view. There is a little rustic house in the background but pretty far off, and it is wooded and just really peaceful. I try to make it there at least once a week.

Reactions: Bicycleman
For me where I cycle as a lot to depend on my mood aswell, and if I've had a bad day or I'm just sick of people (we all have them days right?) Then getting away into the country park is the best option for me.

My favourite place is at my parent's town. We live next to a big river as there is a bicycle track overlooking it.

I like to get on the bike and ride through small villages around the country, having coffees and drink is small, smoky pubs. I love the feeling of the countryside and I have some much nostalgia for it - reminds me of my childhood.

I'd imagine that most people aswell as having a favourite place to ride now, will also have a memory of a favourite place they used to ride when they were growing up.

We tend to look back in our childhood through rose tinted glasses and only usually remember the good times, and if you've been riding since you was a child, those good times you remember will no doubt include when and where you used to ride all these years ago.

I always go around my local lake, it may not seem very appealing but it's actually pretty beautiful as it's kind of an avenue-like place. It's all beauty until you look down to the lake with the shopping trolley that some teens have thrown in there as a joke, then you get kind of sad. I'll also go down to a huge lake where people go on those boat-type things with the sails that you stand on. There it's pretty nice.

I love the bike paths in my area! You have a 8 mile canal bike trail right next to the canal winding through the land, then further down the cape you have another bike trail which leads you to the ferries. Further down you have a massive 50 mile bike trail which leads you all the way down to wellfleet. Amazing bike trails!

The further I go from home, the better :)

Two years ago I was cycling on the Chalkidiki peninsula (Grecce), and near town Rovinj in Istra (Croatia), and sooner or later I'll have to go back there :)

My favourite place around Seoul is around the Guro Digital Complex area and Hongdae subway exit #3.. there's a lot of things to sightsee while you're riding and it isn't too crowded by cars!

Busan is also a great place to bike if you ever happen to come to Korea!

My favourite place around Seoul is around the Guro Digital Complex area and Hongdae subway exit #3.. there's a lot of things to sightsee while you're riding and it isn't too crowded by cars!

Busan is also a great place to bike if you ever happen to come to Korea!

While I understand that often people will want to go cycling when they're in a foreign country, I think that people need to be aware of how risky that can be aswell.

Traffic in some cities can be dangerous as we are all to well aware, but it's not just in the cities, in a lot of countries the driving can be erratic.