Your First Time

Tripped

Feb 5, 2006
Title speaks for itself...
Speed?
Distance?
Weird Things?
Falls?

um, first time, was doing around 20kph, around 60km nearly fell but i didn't! butt was really sore, i had a good night sleep and thats about it i guess

My first ride was a 30 miles ride around a nearby lake. Once we turned to go around the south sie of the lake we got hit with a 25mph headwind. 11 miles at about 9mph. My main thought...and I gave up a day of mountainbiking for this?? Now I am liking road biking much more than I did that day.

my first ride was 2 years ago when i got a GT mtb bike. my brother who was on his khs flite road bike just tore me right off the road. it was only 7 mi, but i was dead by the end of it. Now that im on a raod bike the roles are reversed. I play alot of soccer so i like to think my legs are in decent shape and when it comes time to climb hes in the dust :)

only fall i have taken was on a dreay rainy day i was crossing the end of a street and the kid in the car didnt even look, just pulled out (no head lights either). He gets out of his car and yells at me, and i then noticed the very distinct smell of weed. I dialed up 911 told them i had been hit by a car and the motorist was trying to get away and had offered me 100$. the cops were there in about 2 min. The kids left but i had their plate #.

Ah she was a beauty. At least in my rose t(a)inted eyes.

It was some **** old steel £99 road bike that my dad had used for years and never looked after. I loved the way it handled so badly. it was the first road bike I ever rode and I couldn't believe the speed you could do on it compared to my dad's crappy mountain bike.

In the end the pedal kept coming off and I had to weld the thing that keeps the crank bearings in. That spelt the end. At least it went to bike heaven having been totally used until every last bit of life had been taken away.

A group was going to ride an MS150 and dedicate it to the wife of a co-worker. There were a lot of bike riders where I work, but none of them could be bothered to ride. This ****** me off, so I went and bought a nobby-tire department store $100er. I went out and started riding 10, 20, 30 miles a couple of times a week (on flat roads). When the MS ride came, image my surprise to find that some ******* put tall hills on the course. After the first 50 miles, knobby tires seemed a bad idea. I finished the ride, and many more, and I've never looked back.
The ex-wife got that bike in the settlement, knobbies and all.

My very first road ride... was about a year ago. Ive been riding a fixed gear for years, never a road bikeI had just got my dream job which allowed me to finally purchase a bike. I couldnt wait to ride it since I built it myself after ordering all the parts...

I road 40 miles in the rain on this trail that ran behind my neighborhood. I dont know my max speed since I hadnt installed my computer yet. I felt great afterwards, but ended up getting sick because of it. But it was well worth it. The looks I got for riding in the rain as hard as I was, pricelss.

But the oddest thing I saw, was a small dog walking on the trail the opposite direction as me. I slowed down and passed the dog, I looked back to catch the dog looking back at me while. I then look forward, and nearly hit a deer. Ah well, great first ride.

I jogged a lot before I rode, which meant I always had the "20 to 30min aerobic workout" thing in my head when I first went out, so I went the local velodrome and rode as fast as I could for about 25mins. I got off the bike with any real cool down and could barely stand up. :p

First time was awesome. Of course, I went for the best tandem I could find at the time. I went the distance without falling or having anything weird happen. I was very worried about that, being my first time and all. Got a great nights sleep after it too. Oh, you mean cycling? That is another story entirely.

i have had a bike from my earliest memories...

i remember, when i was 2, some kid wanted to ride on my bike. i called him a 'poo' and pushed him. He hit me with a stick and i cried...my mummy came and picked me up and told me to share my toys.

so, i stole his scooter and fell in a puddle..

then, if i remember right, i went for a nap for an hour and woke up hungry.

happy days...

i feel sleepy now...

lol my earliest times, was when i was 3y/o and getting the hang of riding with two wheels!!! anyways we had a really long drive way, wide enough to fit two cars, i used to think i was pro riding up and down it, it got to a stage when i loved riding and looking at the ground and how fast i was going. one day there was a car parked on the right (SUV) and so i remembered there was a car there so i was coming up the drive way, looking down on the ground thinking of how fast i go and then... Wham! i hit my uncle's parked ford laser i broke their tail light and it had a fairly big dint in it, i ran and hid in the gardens so my dad didn't see me but i was dumb enough to leave my bike there with all the glass.
sorry about the grammer and typo.

The first time I rode a bike, I was about 10 or so, and my family was visiting friends. I hopped on their bike, and started riding without any problems until I got cocky. It was a gravel road, and I was on a 20" Stingray type of bike, and decided to use one of the low spots to try to pop a wheelie, and went into the depression and as I was coming up the other side puled up on the handlebars... I of course went down and got a little scraped up.

From then, I rode off and on for years, but the first time I got on a bike after many years (almost 4 years ago) I bought my Sedona, and decided to go for my first ride. I rode around my block (flat and about .6 miles or 1 kilometer) and just about didn't make it all the way around the block. About 15 months later, on the same bike, I completed my first metric century.

This year will be my first imperial century.

I don't remember my age but my 10 year older brother put me on a small frame bike that my father had repaired.
He took me to the top of a small hill and pushed me.I crashed into a barbed wire fence that was fortunately covered with Honeysuckle vines.
This persisted until dark or until he tired of seeing me crash, I can't recall which.
I apparently picked up the balance thing somewhere along the line.
So, I do not wish to hear any whiny stories about your training wheels being taken away too soon.
My first good bike was a Trek 460 in the early 80's ,still to far back to recall details.
The rest is legend,at least in my mind.

I would have had a better story, except I thought this thread was about sex... considering the title.
That one I remember, and no in wasn't thet recent.