Your most recent bike related purchase?

I've purchased a Stages power meter on an Ultegra 6800 crankset, but I haven't actually seen it yet. Based on lead times it should be showing up any time now.

Well, I went back this morning and finished the deal. Shoes, pedals, new helmets, helmet light system, bottle cages, two pairs of gloves. I'm pretty well equipped. When I pick it up in March, I will be good to go.

Originally Posted by alienator

Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Softshell WxB 3x1 gloves.
I almost picked up a pair of those, let me know what you think when you have had a chance to try them out.

Some Assos 607 Bib Knickers for early spring races in the 45-55F range. Oh man are they sweet!

Originally Posted by danfoz
Some Assos 607 Bib Knickers for early spring races in the 45-55F range. Oh man are they sweet!
yeah I bit the bullet on a pair of Assos bibs recently. I would never have believed... but I do now. They're very nice.. congrats!

Originally Posted by Mansmind
yeah I bit the bullet on a pair of Assos bibs recently. I would never have believed... but I do now. They're very nice.. congrats!
Txs. The price has always scared me off but after trying on a pair for ***** and giggles I couldn't resist.

Also picked up a new KASK Mojito helmet.

Txs. The price has always scared me off but after trying on a pair for ***** and giggles I couldn't resist.
Same here, I've always thought "yeah right!". I just couldn't conceive of something being that much better than Pearl (which are expensive enough if you ask me) but they are. I can tell a relatively large difference after an hour or so of riding.

Same here, I've always thought "yeah right!". I just couldn't conceive of something being that much better than Pearl (which are expensive enough if you ask me) but they are. I can tell a relatively large difference after an hour or so of riding.
Chris Rock once joked warning ladies that when they flew their freak flag in the sack their gents would expect them to hold that new bar for the duration. Problem with moving up the quality chain is it's tough going back once that new bar is set.

Chris Rock once joked warning ladies that when they flew their freak flag in the sack their gents would expect them to hold that new bar for the duration. Problem with moving up the quality chain is it's tough going back once that new bar is set.
The REALLY bad part is.. it makes you wonder about the jerseys, jackets, gloves, etc. etc. :)

The REALLY bad part is.. it makes you wonder about the jerseys, jackets, gloves, etc. etc. :)
Some of that stuff I can slide on. Shorts, tires, and innertubes not so much. I do love me some latex :)

Some of that stuff I can slide on. Shorts, tires, and innertubes not so much. I do love me some latex :)
LOL, wish you hadn't said that. I haven't tried latex yet! (umm..inner tubes that is)

LOL, wish you hadn't said that. I haven't tried latex yet! (umm..inner tubes that is)
Lol! They do require daily inflation but one of our respected forum members, Dave Ryan, did some power meter tests on rollers and they were consistently good for a 15-20 watt savings at the same speed over butyl innies under the same tire. Not including wind resistance, that translates into approx 1 free mph. Rumor has it they are more resistant to flats, whether true or not I have not flatted since I started using (a full season). Weight weenies and inertia freaks can also rejoice over as much as a 20 gram savings per tube. Woopdeedoo!

danfoz said:
I've got a pair of 7 y.o. Assos bib knickers, and they are the business. I've even worn them in sub-freezing temperatures.

I just purchased a 2013 Trek Damone 4.5C with Shimano Ultegra gear. Got a great close-out deal. Looking forward to riding this spring.

Damn, those Assos bibs are expensive. I take it they are worth it in performance and comfort.

Originally Posted by maydog

When it is finished, I should have a fresh, complete ride for about 7 bills.
Very nice. I am going to try and manage something in the same range for a beater via eBay when my Cinelli becomes liberated from her Athena.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy
Damn, those Assos bibs are expensive. I take it they are worth it in performance and comfort.
Think street walker vs. the kinda talent Charlie Sheen was tapping into. No pun intended.

Also, much of the feedback I have heard is similar to Alienator's comment above about long life. When i was a kid i wanted a pair of Timberlands, mom said too expensive. I ended up with a pair of $34.95 Fayva's that lasted one winter. I'm now on my 5th winter with my current pair of Tim's. Only time can tell with any product iteration but in the long run one ends up often spending the same or more going with the cheap stuff.

Selle Italia Flite Team Edition saddle. 130 MM wide, hard as a brick, 190 grams, fits and rides as well as any I've used.

Lol! They do require daily inflation but one of our respected forum members, Dave Ryan, did some power meter tests on rollers and they were consistently good for a 15-20 watt savings at the same speed over butyl innies under the same tire. Not including wind resistance, that translates into approx 1 free mph. Rumor has it they are more resistant to flats, whether true or not I have not flatted since I started using (a full season). Weight weenies and inertia freaks can also rejoice over as much as a 20 gram savings per tube. Woopdeedoo!
Well thanks to you, I'm not riding on latex tubes..lol I couldn't help it what you said made me curious about them. I'm not sure I can tell a drastic difference yet on the bike, although certainly they are quite different to handle. To me, it's subtle.