Your most recent bike related purchase?

Quote by dbackmtg:
"A new Trek Madone. I've wanted one for so long."

A great choice! Which model? Got some pics for us to drool over?

This weekend...only a pair of Kenda tires and new tubes for the wife's mountain/trail bike.

New saddle to replace the old Specialized Romin, which has been getting slightly more uncomfortable on the tail end of long rides with the recent weight loss for the upcoming season... I have not been <150lbs since the 90's.

And since it's been about 15 years since my last Flite I have high hopes. Just did 15 minutes on the rollers tweaking the tilt and initial impressions are promising.

I've ridden Flites for years. The last five years or so I've been on the 130 MM wide Flite Genuine Gel model...fits my ass to a 'T'!

So what the Hell did Selle Italia go and do last year???

Made all the Flite models in the line 145 MM wide!!! The dumbfucks!

I'm buying up NOS Flites like no tomorrow. Not everyone has ass the size of Oprah.

If you liked your Ronin, You'll probably dig the new Flite. Light groove...good flatness with the right amount of thigh rollover...thin nose, yet comfy enough for those "Pleeeeze stop going 35 MPH!" panic power outputs...the perfect amount of padding and just the right density.

My version:

selle-italia-saddle-flite-genuine-gel-sideview.jpg

sella-flt-gen-gel-sadd-blk-side-det.jpg

I ride that old Selle Italia Concor Profil on the Gardin track bike and wonder how I ever spent 7 or 8 hours on that thing.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB

So what the Hell did Selle Italia go and do last year???

Made all the Flite models in the line 145 MM wide!!! The dumbfucks!

If you liked your Ronin, You'll probably dig the new Flite. Light groove...good flatness with the right amount of thigh rollover...thin nose, yet comfy enough for those "Pleeeeze stop going 35 MPH!" panic power outputs...the perfect amount of padding and just the right density.

I ride that old Selle Italia Concor Profil on the Gardin track bike and wonder how I ever spent 7 or 8 hours on that thing.
2.5 hours today on the new Flite and all I can say is WOW, amazing!

For starters, no penile numbness! A problem on the Romin if I didn't move around a bit on longer rides. If that's TMI, too bad, it's a very real problem with some dudes.

Any new saddle will encompass some growing pains, and I had to exit after my first lap to swap out my cycling jacket for a brushed jersey (it was a glorious 45F today), and also had to move the new saddle back about .5cm (tilt was perfect). After about 10 easy miles in my local park I latched onto the fast boys... well 30 miles later we had lost a few of the group and I had forgotten about the saddle completely, the sign of a good "ass to saddle" match. It's possible the diaper like thickness on my new Assos knickers didn't hurt the equation ;)

But the previous generation Flite... WTF! That circular cutout thingy on the back completely destroyed the perfect aesthetics of the 90's model Flite so much so it wasn't even a consideration when I was choosing a new saddle getting back on the bike after the long layoff. Whatever the fark Guiseppe, or Guido, or Fabio was thinking when they designed it I don't care. More recognizable in the peleton? Who gives a ****, you took the perfect saddle design and dropped it off the ugly tree making sure it hit every branch on the way down! I hope they fired that dude.

The new Flite... 145mm of saddle perfection! (my old Romin was 143mm)

And yes, the original Concor... I took a trip to France in HS back in the 80's and purchased one from a bike shop on the Champs-Élysées... loved that saddle. Wore out two saddle covers on that thing. I tried the remake which didn't make it 5 minutes on the trainer. Sold on eBay for a $50 loss. Good riddance.

Well my most recent purchase was a new bike.
Trek Madone 4.3 2014
I replaced the white bar tape , white seat and white cabling with all black.
Also replaced the rear derailleur, shifters and brakes from 105 to Ultegra, which I took from my other bike.
Can't wait to go for my first ride.

Used aerobars for a steel touring bike I'm building...next purchases, new brake pads, tires, and chain for my road bike.

I bought a pair of Weights Training Foot Straps for cycling and jogging and had a new chain lube. The weights straps are 1 lb each. I rode with it first time for 30 miles. Legs got so tired. The lube cleans chain and lubes simultaneously, pretty decent.

Running with leg weights is pretty controversial - you may be setting yourself up for an injury.

On the bike the weights just oppose each other and would add to total bike weight and increase your pedaling moment of inertia. They may mess up your pedal stroke, The would be just as, if not more, beneficial if you put them on the frame or in you back pocket.

If you want to work your legs harder - just pedal harder and or go faster.

I just purchased a near mint condition 1984 Trek 420. It even has the goofy helicomatic hubs that still work great.
My co-worker bought it new in 84, rode it for one summer, and stored it in the rafters until now. It needs new tires, lube, and bar tape.
This bike will sit next to my Trek 5000 and 1978 fixed gear converted Motobecane in the garage. It's fun having choices.

A new 8 speed chain and 11-34 cassette from Chain Reaction. Last of the big spenders eh?
I only bought them because I had a bunch of xmas vouchers that I need to get rid of. Spares box will be full soon.
Oh well...

My newest purchase was a pair of Crossroads Armadillo tires. I got another flat last week and wanted to prevent that from happening as much as possible from now on.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/cityurban-tires/multi-terrain-use-tires/crossroads-armadillo

From Wiggle: Michelin Pro 4 Service Course tires, Chorus cassette & chain and a couple Elite water bottles.

Well, I had a good "score" - a pair of these glasses:

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1107029_-1_400117__400117

As well as four 16 gram CO2 cylinders AND this helmet cover:

http://www.louisgarneau.com/ca-en/product/0/1083138/_/H2-COVER_HELMET_COVER

for $16 plus change out the door!
big-smile.png

Performance Cycle - the glasses were on sale for $60 from the regular $90, they had some other promotion going "take so much off your purchase", and I had about an $80 member bonus in points - so basically just paid for the CO2 cyclinders.