Your most recent bike related purchase?

I recently bought a CCM Alpina 29er MTB. Maybe it's not top of the line, but I find it to be good at handling the rough, uneven surfaces many of the roads around here have.

Nathan

Garmin 510.

May **** be upon Cateye for releasing the Stealth 50 not ready for prime time. Damnit...I loves me some Cateye Strada Wireless, but the Steath GPS computer, firmware and software used to strip the ride files off the computer are freaking ****.

Cateye customer service gave me another freebie computer head and a freebie heart rate strap when the first one packed it in, but the replacement stuff worked as poorly as the original units.

The Garmin? After two weeks it's been a smooth sailing pleasure cruise compared to the Stealth 50.

Some nice blue bar tape to brighten the Raleigh up and a new blue Charge Spoon saddle. Wish they could have been a darker blue though.

An Ultegra 12-30 cassette to go on the Shimano RS21 wheel set I ordered on Friday. I had a new 105 12-27 cassette I was going to use, but I'm afraid of some of the hills I'm heading out on. The wheels are an upgrade on the original set - a Weinmann rim around a Shimano Tiagra hub. It's nice to have another set of wheels and tires to use on the mag trainer. Where I live there are 6 months of winter. So, it's probably a minor upgrade - more for convenience than better performance.

If the hills are manageable, I might put the 12-27 back on. I love close gear ratios for shifting and keeping a nice cadence in all situations. When I raced criteriums in the early 1970's, I had a 49-52 chainring and what in those days we called a "straight block:" 11-15 (5 speed.) The races were flat and FAST!

Ummm a holdfast footstraps and a 700/25 Vittoria slick for rear rim. I ride a mask fixed for city commute n fun rides thru city streets. The straps are great for stopping even though I've kept my front brake on for added safety for now. The slick adds to ease of stopping as well. Plan to switch the semi slick 28 on front to same as rear soon. Next after that will be new thicker rigid set forks.

Freewheel shims (remember those?). They're great for removing the last .005"-.010" of endplay from a ticking Campy UltraTorque BB.
BB cup shims in 1 MM thickness. See above.
Campy wave washer to double-up as required. See above.

A Pro 4 Service Course.

Not a big spender today.

A little over a week ago I got a couple of videos from The Sufferfest. I got Hell Hath No Fury and ISLAGIATT (It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time). HHNF was a bit harder than I anticipated because I wasn't ready to focus on riding at a 100 rpm cadence for as much as I did. I still have yet to try ISLAGIATT, but I think I want to wait until I have a better grasp on HHNF. If you want to check them out, here you go.

http://sufferfest.com

Just ordered a pair of 6700 Ultegra brake callipers to replace the crappy no-name ones that came on my bike.

Picking up my new Specialized Shiv tomorrow! Also got Ultegra carbon pedals and Zipp 60's + Schwable ones.

Just bought a pair of Schwalbe Durano Plus 700 x 23's. They seem a little heavy, but I'm hoping that they will solve my flats problem.

My latest addition to my addiction is a castelli alpha jacket. Early impressions are very good. Blocks the wind and easy to regulate heat. Quickly becoming a favourite piece of kit

First, happy holidays to all. I am new to the forum. I just purchased a used (2012-2013) HED
Jet 90 rear. Fairly cheap on eBay. It is true and uninjured. Does anyone have an opinion on a front wheel to compliment it?