Your Music Source

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I finally did it. Riding a crowded trail for years I never would but now the trail I ride, lucky if I encounter 5 others so why not? Of course I wouldn't in the road or night rides.

So I broke down getting some Samsung buds. Cool stuff. Wearing them to work is nice. I didn''t want to get them sweaty and dirty so I picked up a second pair. Soundcore from Wally World. About half price of the Samsung but work well enough with a cell phone equalizer.

I have about 200 songs loaded to my cell but 8 hour days at work seems I need more music. So I signed onto Pandora. Free but limited skipping.

So 5 bucks, free month trial before paying starts, I'm trying it out and seems to be going well. Sheesh, 5 bucks a month is 16 cents a day and seeing I play music throughout 90% of my lifetime, not much to pay for the enjoyment and few more benefits like unlimited skips.

Now I'm set at work, on the bike, and in my truck, and home.

Glad I did it.

Work with Samsung buds.

20230118_071858.jpg

20230212_113953.jpg

On the bike with the black buds. Wearing them upside down actually makes them more secure while riding

20230225_085425.jpg

Watch'a got?

Attachments

• 20230212_113953.jpg
    20230212_113953.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 4
Mine's Earl Klugh. But I've stopped listening to music since doing long rides more frequently on the weekends because it's draining my phone's battery!

I used to have this type of headphone that you can wear under the helmet. No pad, no cup, let's you hear everything that's happening on the road! Unless you turn the volume all the way up! It's Alta BT helmet headphone you can buy from Walmart. I got a dirt cheap Chinese knockoff instead.

I think airsoft and tactical gear / gun stores also sell similar headphone / headsets designed to be worn with helmet and they will work with bike helmets. Airsoft gear will be cheaper though.
1677475112985.jpeg

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I picked up a pair from Raycon the Every Day buds. the sound is awesome and they block out all other noise. So no I don't use them on the bike, but they sure come in handy at the gym.

I tried using noise blocking headphones in the gym, but my head started to hurt after 10 minutes of wearing. So I stay true to my Apple Airpods

Best part of blocking out the noise is the crappy music they play and sometimes too loud, plus there's always so 'ho' dropping the weights, I thank God I don't get a headache.

My purple Samsung buds are so comfy and sound good that I bought another pair in black for the bike.

Originally bought some JLAB buds for $69 after reading great reviews. Opened the box, tried them out then took them back 30 minutes later. Spend the extra 40 bucks for the Samsung buds. Worth it.

Reactions: concord
I also use Samsung buds and I'm pleased with them.

I was getting frustrated with samsung buds.

Every time I turn my head, the music would go off or skip ahead. My ear lobes are such that they make contact with the control points.

I almost threw them in the river on Saturday's ride.

Then realized all I had to do was disable the touch controls in the app. :D

I tried to convert a song from YouTube using that converter mentioned above. GOT A MESSAGE ABOUT A VIRUS RIGHT AWAY!!!!! Stopped it quickly and got out of there. Not worth the risk. F that!

I use to listen to music (Virgin radio) when training on rollers. So far I've used wired headphones, but I'm considering to get some wireless ones.

I tried to convert a song from YouTube using that converter mentioned above. GOT A MESSAGE ABOUT A VIRUS RIGHT AWAY!!!!! Stopped it quickly and got out of there. Not worth the risk. F that!
If you're using Windows 10, it has a build-in app called "Voice Recorder".

To access, use app search at the bottom screen menu and search for "Voice Recorder". Before you can begin to record music with it, go to app search, search for "Control Panel", click "Sounds", go to "Recording" Tab. You'll find several items in the tab like Microphone, Line In, stereo mix, etc. Play any music and one of those items will have its sound bar bouncing up and down. Select that item as default and disable everything else.

Now you can record music from youtube into audio file using "Voice Recorder". Because it's a recorder, NOT a converter, you need to be playing the music to record it into an audio file. I think that's it.

If you're using this laptop to talk to someone via skype or zoom w/e, you're going to have to get back to the Control Panel>>Sounds and undo what you did to the Recording tab, basically enable everything, speak to your laptop, look at the items where the sound bar is bouncing up and down and use it as default.

Last edited:
If you're using Windows 10, it has a build-in app called "Voice Recorder".

To access, use app search at the bottom screen menu and search for "Voice Recorder". Before you can begin to record music with it, go to app search, search for "Control Panel", click "Sounds", go to "Recording" Tab. You'll find several items in the tab like Microphone, Line In, stereo mix, etc. Play any music and one of those items will have its sound bar bouncing up and down. Select that item as default and disable everything else.

Now you can record music from youtube into audio file using "Voice Recorder". Because it's a recorder, NOT a converter, you need to be playing the music to record it into an audio file. I think that's it.

If you're using this laptop to talk to someone via skype or zoom w/e, you're going to have to get back to the Control Panel>>Sounds and undo what you did to the Recording tab, basically enable everything, speak to your laptop, look at the items where the sound bar is bouncing up and down and use it as default.
Nice, I'll have to look into it as the new comp is w11 which I heard is about the same as w10.

Reactions: cobbwheels
Hey, thanks for sharing! I've actually been on that trail before and it's a pretty gnarly ride. Just a heads up though, it's not for beginners. Some riders underestimate the technical challenges and end up in a world of hurt. Make sure you've got the skills and gear to handle it. Stay safe out there!

Absolutely, that trail is no joke. I've seen many riders, even experienced ones, get caught off guard by its technical demands. It's a great reminder that gravel riding, while liberating, requires a unique set of skills and equipment. Unlike traditional cycling, where the path is often predictable, gravel trails keep you on your toes, demanding constant adaptation. It's not just about the physical challenge, but also the mental agility to navigate the unpredictable terrain. So, indeed, always come prepared. It's about enjoying the ride, but also respecting the trail's challenges.

And
Hey, thanks for sharing! I've actually been on that trail before and it's a pretty gnarly ride. Just a heads up though, it's not for beginners. Some riders underestimate the technical challenges and end up in a world of hurt. Make sure you've got the skills and gear to handle it. Stay safe out there!

What trail is that you speak of?

That trail you're referring to is the gnarly "Rattlesnake Ridge" ; it's a real leg-burner! Ever since I tackled it, I've been smitten by technical singletrack. Have you tried any pulse-pounding trails lately? ‍♀️

Ah, Rattlesnake Ridge, I know it well! It's quite the leg-burner, indeed. The thrill of technical singletrack is undeniable, isn't it? The adrenaline rush that comes with navigating those narrow trails is unparalleled.

Speaking of pulse-pounding trails, I recently tried the "Whoopdee Doo" trail. It's a rollercoaster ride of a trail, filled with steep descents and sharp turns that are sure to get your heart racing. The sense of accomplishment after finishing it is truly gratifying.

Have you had the chance to try it yet? Or maybe you have another favorite trail that you'd recommend? I'm always on the lookout for new challenges to tackle. Let's keep the conversation going and share our favorite cycling adventures! ‍♂️

Rattlesnake Ridge, eh? I heard the views there are a-maze-ing! Like, "I-can't-believe-I-paid-$5-for-this-postcard" kind of amazing . Ever tried the infamous "Snake Eyes" trail? It's like riding a rollercoaster, but with leg power! . Anyone here brave enough to give it a shot?