Your Office Window

MountainPro said:
You see, thats the beauty of living in Scotland...me and 12,000 others in my town have a view like that. If you live on the west coast you will have a mountain view of some kind. We dont pay that much extra for it. Scenes like this come as standard in Scotland.
Ah the luxuries of being a 3rd world country...Yes, I often wonder what it would have been to live in America a hundred years ago....

zapper said:
Ah the luxuries of being a 3rd world country...Yes, I often wonder what it would have been to live in America a hundred years ago....
sounds like jealousy....is that what happens when you are bettered? You start insults?...

funny.

MountainPro said:
sounds like jealousy....is that what happens when you are bettered? You start insults?...

funny.
funnier than you think...Interesting coming from you my friend...you fell for it...Hook, line and sinker. This is exactly what we have been trying to tell you and lim for some time now...jealousy....think about it very carefully ;)

zapper said:
funnier than you think...Interesting coming from you my friend...you fell for it...Hook, line and sinker. This is exactly what we have been trying to tell you and lim for some time now...jealousy....think about it very carefully ;)
Zapper, why should i be jealous of you...i have everything i need right here. Okay it could be sunnier but thats why God invented holidays...i wouldnt swap what i have here for what you have for a million of your american bucks.

MountainPro said:
You see, thats the beauty of living in Scotland...me and 12,000 others in my town have a view like that. If you live on the west coast you will have a mountain view of some kind. We dont pay that much extra for it. Scenes like this come as standard in Scotland.
Don't mention the midges, the midges, oh my god they eat you alive.
12,000 people, just about enough to fill the stand behind the one goal at Old Trafford. It was bad enough on the IOM with 75,000 alcoholics clinging to a rock in the middle of the Irish Sea. That's about one Old Trafford full.
No, it's really very nice. Brodick is it?
Now we don't want any jokes about those beautiful woolly Aran pullovers and sheep thank, nor about inbreeding either.

FredC said:
Don't mention the midges, the midges, oh my god they eat you alive.
12,000 people, just about enough to fill the stand behind the one goal at Old Trafford. It was bad enough on the IOM with 75,000 alcoholics clinging to a rock in the middle of the Irish Sea. That's about one Old Trafford full.
No, it's really very nice. Brodick is it?
Now we don't want any jokes about those beautiful woolly Aran pullovers and sheep thank, nor about inbreeding either.
Midges are our friends...they are known as the Guardians of the Highlands...if it werent for them the highlands would be crawling with Yanks and i know which one of those two options i find more irritating...lets be thankful for that..

yes, those are the mountains that rise up above Brodick...i heartily reccomend a visit with your tent...go before June and there are no midgies.

i loved the IOM analogy...but the Aran sweater brigade get thier wool from the Aran islands off Galway bay...not in the Firth of Clyde.

MountainPro said:
Zapper, why should i be jealous of you...i have everything i need right here. Okay it could be sunnier but thats why God invented holidays...i wouldnt swap what i have here for what you have for a million of your american bucks.
MP...now, now... you didn't think before you started pecking at your keyboard.....Think of your previous posts and you comments concerning every topic that has been considered here and how you have responded, then take another look at what you just posted... I'm trying to help you save face here buddy... ;)

By the way, it wouldn't be "sunnier" here...need I remind you of our tumultuous weather again??? :cool:

MountainPro said:
Americans absolutely adore Scotland because it is so beautiful, apart from Zap it seems.

MountainPro said:
Midges are our friends...they are known as the Guardians of the Highlands...if it werent for them the highlands would be crawling with Yanks and i know which one of those two options i find more irritating...lets be thankful for that..
What??? You have migets guarding your highlands??? I'd best stay away or I might get bitten on the ankle...LOL

zapper said:
What??? You have migets guarding your highlands??? I'd best stay away or I might get bitten on the ankle...LOL
midgets?

i think Zap is still in dreamland...

FredC said:
Caroline, carolina is a girls name here.
Listen MP, where did I get the idea from that you live in West Lothian?

"Carolus" Latin.Named in honor of Charles I, a long time ago of course.

MountainPro said:

yes, those are the mountains that rise up above Brodick...i heartily reccomend a visit with your tent...go before June and there are no midgies.

i loved the IOM analogy...but the Aran sweater brigade get thier wool from the Aran islands off Galway bay...not in the Firth of Clyde.
It was the last glimpses of the westerly sun setting on the buildings in your first photo that put me on to it.
Did two weeks years ago all along the west coast and finished up in Ross and Cromarty. Had a few Caledonian McBraynes to the different islands as well. Stunning holiday, great people.
Managed to get the car stuck in a ditch on a single track road, nothing serious. Two old girls stopped and towed me out with a classic Armstrong Siddley Sapphire. I tried to say no for the sake of their car, but they weren't having any of it and insisted.

FredC said:
It was the last glimpses of the westerly sun setting on the buildings in your first photo that put me on to it.
Did two weeks years ago all along the west coast and finished up in Ross and Cromarty. Had a few Caledonian McBraynes to the different islands as well. Stunning holiday, great people.
Managed to get the car stuck in a ditch on a single track road, nothing serious. Two old girls stopped and towed me out with a classic Armstrong Siddley Sapphire. I tried to say no for the sake of their car, but they weren't having any of it and insisted.
you were in scotland and you didnt drop by for a bevvy....thats a criminal offence in this country...

imagine that, two lassies helping you out of a ditch...lovely..

MountainPro said:
midgets?

i think Zap is still in dreamland...
He's got it mixed up with that old Irish film 'Darby O'Gill and the Little People'.

MountainPro said:
you were in scotland and you didnt drop by for a bevvy....thats a criminal offence in this country...
So's drink driving... Mind you.... I never saw any police up there...So....Well I did see some but they were in the Bar as well.

MountainPro said:
am i the only one with a digital camera in thier possesion?

where are the photies?

I didn't got any bloody great Russian oil tanker in the middle ;) , but those are the views from my office window (not my pictures, I don't own a digital camera :( )

First one: south view, second one: east view

cuervo said:
I didn't got any bloody great Russian oil tanker in the middle ;) , but those are the views from my offiec window (not my pictures, I don't own a digital camera :( )

First one: south view, second one: east view
very nice, is that a volcano? (the east view)