Your Office Window

MountainPro said:
4:08pm..sunny but very cold.

Amazing. I don't know about Zap, but I'm jealous and I DO live in a 3rd world country. Hope I will visit your land some day, back in 1982 I spent a year in Spain (my parents soil), that's the closest I ever been to your country.

MountainPro said:
very nice, is that a volcano? (the east view)

No, it’s a mountain called “El cerro de la Silla” or by a free translation exercise “The Saddle Hill”.

It’s the symbol of the city, Monterrey, México.

MountainPro said:
You see, thats the beauty of living in Scotland...me and 12,000 others in my town have a view like that. If you live on the west coast you will have a mountain view of some kind. We dont pay that much extra for it. Scenes like this come as standard in Scotland.

Fantastic view, Pro.
When I lived in suburban Dublin we had views of the Dublin/Wicklow mountains
which is similar (though not as nice) as your view.
Now the same view is spoiled by concrete (houses)

MountainPro said:
Not a bad guess, its the the north Arran range, Isle of Arran. The mountains are Goat Fell, Cir Mhor and Caisteal Abhail.

Its a great ride if your into road or mtb cycling.
It looks really beautiful. What's the elevation?

I didn't take the first picture but it is an awesome photo of the mountain I can see from my front yard. This is a picture of the backside I live at the base of the other side. I will take a picture tonight when I get home and post one of my own. The second photo shows some friends climbing the ridgeline.

birdman23 said:
I didn't take the first picture but it is an awesome photo of the mountain I can see from my front yard. This is a picture of the backside I live at the base of the other side. I will take a picture tonight when I get home and post one of my own. The second photo shows some friends climbing the ridgeline.

Guauuuuuu! where it's this amazing Mountain located?

Not exactly out my window but pretty close. I just pick out a file photo but this is what it looks like here.

cuervo said:
Guauuuuuu! where it's this amazing Mountain located?

It's part of the Wasatch range in Utah. Beautiful eh! I will take some more pics tonight but they won't look as nice. That other photo is done by a professional photographer that lives in my town.

birdman23 said:

great shots, Birdman.
What location ?

limerickman said:
great shots, Birdman.
What location ?
Part of the Wasatch range in Utah. Beautiful place. I have climbed it many times in all seasons and never get tired of it. Elevation is almost 12000 feet.

FredC said:
Caroline, carolina is a girls name here.
Listen MP, where did I get the idea from that you live in West Lothian?

Not many views like that in West Lothian, I grew up there and the view I had was the **** heaps at the local foundary.

birdman23 said:
Part of the Wasatch range in Utah. Beautiful place. I have climbed it many times in all seasons and never get tired of it. Elevation is almost 12000 feet.

Looks fantastic.

I wouldn't fancy 12,000 ft on my bike though !

Olasnah said:
Out of my office window,,,,,, is the Tennessee Titans training field & center. (That's an American pro-football team). Not much to look at, but sometimes their mascot comes over to our office and stirs up trouble.

Do the cheerleaders practise there too ? :)

limerickman said:
Looks fantastic.

I wouldn't fancy 12,000 ft on my bike though !
It is marvelous. Your lungs can take it a bit easier as you don't ride all the way up, I guess that was a little misleading. When I said climb in the other post I meant hiking to the summit. The paved road tops out at a little over 8000 feet. 4000 feet of elevation gain from the start of the road to the top. Great ride up and a bomber descent. :D

eric_the_red said:
Not many views like that in West Lothian, I grew up there and the view I had was the **** heaps at the local foundary.
Oh well, it was you then and not MP. What's wrong with industry, shame there is very little left of it.

jhuskey said:
Not exactly out my window but pretty close. I just pick out a file photo but this is what it looks like here.
That's the reason why I want to go rough shooting with Huskey.

wow Birdman...those mountains are stunning.
We dont have mountains of that elevation here the ones in my picture arent the highest in Scotland, they are 3000ft (ish) You can climb up to the summit and back down in 6 hours if you are reasonably fit.

You'll have to go to continental Europe to get mountains in the 12,000 range..

Nice pic Huskey also. The photographer really caught the light in a very nice way.

Limerick man, i know the hills down your part of the world are fantastic...pity you cant give us a shot...

I have family in Limerick (very distant cousins), i dont know if it is Limerick city or just the surrounding county.